• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unscientific Pricing Poll - What would you pay for KF2?

Unscientific Pricing Poll - What would you pay for KF2?

• $9.99

Votes: 22 3.5%
  • $19.99

Votes: 93 14.7%
  • $29.99

Votes: 244 38.7%
  • $39.99

Votes: 158 25.0%
  • $49.99

Votes: 61 9.7%
  • $59.99

Votes: 53 8.4%

• Total voters
The weapon DLC for KF1 is OP, or at least was on release and for several months after (I haven't played since February so idk if it's been fixed). But in no particular order, here's what I remember:
Scythe - body stuns scrakes, swings faster than axe, weighs less than claymore and does more damage
Flare revolver - one shots crawlers on HoE, carries an obscene amount of ammo, weighs as much as an MK23
Thompson - weighs 5 kilos, allowing 2 rifle commando loadouts with 4 kilos of free weight more far more versatile loadouts. Not a big deal below sui.
RS Tommy Gun - 62 rounds, more powerful than the M4 AND only 5 kilos?
Buzzsaw Bow - It's an xbow for berserker, only more powerful and with glowing ammo so it can be easily reused
SP Musket - Superior to the LAR in every way.

etc. etc.
Scythe got nerfed and the musket's optic is off.
But you're otherwise right; KF1 gameplay-effective paid DLC was not balanced well enough, and if they're going to continue that in KF2, it would be good for them to consider that while deciding the base game price.

Upvote 0
The weapon DLC for KF1 is OP, or at least was on release and for several months after (I haven't played since February so idk if it's been fixed). But in no particular order, here's what I remember:
Scythe - body stuns scrakes, swings faster than axe, weighs less than claymore and does more damage
Flare revolver - one shots crawlers on HoE, carries an obscene amount of ammo, weighs as much as an MK23
Thompson - weighs 5 kilos, allowing 2 rifle commando loadouts with 4 kilos of free weight more far more versatile loadouts. Not a big deal below sui.
RS Tommy Gun - 62 rounds, more powerful than the M4 AND only 5 kilos?
Buzzsaw Bow - It's an xbow for berserker, only more powerful and with glowing ammo so it can be easily reused
SP Musket - Superior to the LAR in every way.

etc. etc.

But that doesn't make the dlc mandatory. People did and still do fine without these weapons. And I didn't get the bit where the other guy was saying how he wanted more people to "experience the game". I guess it meant people are locked out of certain parts of the game?

But if that's the intended criticism, it's irrelevant if dlc is balanced or not.

Upvote 0
The weapon packs felt ok for me to buy, because

1.) they didn't cut stuff out of their initial release to instantly throw some DLC at us.

2.) You could have an efficient setup with or without the additional weapons.

3.) When someone dropped those weapons, I could simply pick them up and test them that way. There was no "You have to own this DLC"-message that stopped me from doing so, the integration was done seamlessly and everything felt natural. This was also one of the main reasons I bought DLCs.

The feeling that I did not have to buy DLC actually made me want to buy it even more. This might be hard to explain, but I'm sure a lot of you know how I mean it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The feeling that I did not have to buy DLC actually made me want to buy it even more. This might be hard to explain, but I'm sure a lot of you know how I mean it.

Yeah, the way the DLC was set up to be was awesome. You have mentioned the major points but I still don't understand why people keep whining about it lol.

Upvote 0
I'm sceptical I really don't like to buy shiet before I know what it really is :p and yes all developers can accidently end up with **** so I say 10$ generally for all games. but since you are tripwire and I can trust you to atleast update the game till its good if it comes out ****. so I feel I'm garenteed a good game. so I would pay $100 for your games easy. I gladly buy overpriced things if it has quality. not quality as graphics. but quality as in fun mechanics.

kf1 had fun mechanics even it lacked everything else xD therefore I will say kf1 had great quality

ofc if you deciding to go the way you did of late kf1 "buy to win" I will give it 1$ so I have enough money for the buy to win DLC's. yes yes I know its coop game and money to the comunity etc. but I dont feel that justifies it ^^ im really nazi like that.

ended up voting 39.99$ but that vote is not final :p I still have to see what you do with the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As a "New" release that'd I want to play immediately and get many 100s or 1000s of hours from Id say 30$ max. Plus whatever DLCs took my fancy later.

I calculated that even if for KF1 I was made to pay a 0.01$ per hour it would equate to 25$ which is more than reasonable given the sheer enjoyment the game and community has provided over the years.

Infact I probably owe you at least 10$ more for the sale price I picked KF1 years after release.

Upvote 0
I played few times the original KF, while it was fun as coop play I have always found that to me games are only fun in long run when played in MP matches PvP.

The original KF I remember didn't had MP for PvP so I will assume this one will go the same route. So here is what I would pay on release date depending whats offered in the game:

1. Price: $19.99

- This is the max I would pay for a coop only game, no matter how much content it has, but since is coop only and I'm semi attracted to it then I might end up waiting for its price to go down when on discount at Steam.

2. Price $49.99

- This is the original price of RO2 on release date, I wouldn't even think twice paying this price if the game has well thought out in MP PvP, decent size maps as in RO2, 32v32, humans vs humans matches is a must but humans vs zombies not as much although it would be bonus, realistic weapon feel as in RO2 ( no crosshair as in KF1). So basically COOP + awesome MP FPS = definite buy for me from release date, or even preorder to get in beta if there is any. As far as the game being buggy I don't worry cause I know devs will work on it considering how RO2 was buggy and finally after year and a half they fixed it up. Took a while but they never stopped working on it and got it done. " Having Tripwire create good MP with modern weapons is something I want to experience"

So my vote is here since I don't know what the game offers and don't want to mess up the poll, if the game is Coop only then let me know cause most likely I wont get it on release, but will get it when its price goes down to around $10

EDIT: did some research and looks like coop only, will vote now :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I picked $29.99 because charging over that, would be a little much for a game using UE3(not that I care at all, just an older engine). It would be competitively priced against DayZ which holds the title for most bought Early Alpha......*cough* I mean Access. It also is a more "affordable" price range for the median of Steam users. Charging $29.99 and then selling some DLC(Day 1 exclusive DLC would be cool too :D) would be an adequate marketing strategy. Especially considering the hardcore fans like myself, would easily drop more money(hell Id pay $100) for the game+ DLC.

Upvote 0
20 bucks in a heart beat
30 bucks I'm going to be like ehhhhh cause i have no income but buy it anyway
Any higher and I think I'd wait for it to drop in price. specially considering I bought kf1 as a gift for a friend at full price(right before 80% sale no less -.- happens everytime, bought the orange box, TF2 went F2P .-.)
Same happened to me, though i purchased it back in 2009 :D

atleast we got Proof of Purchase :p

But to the topic, i'd pay somewhere around 20-29 dollars.

Upvote 0