• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unscientific Pricing Poll - What would you pay for KF2?

Unscientific Pricing Poll - What would you pay for KF2?

• $9.99

Votes: 22 3.5%
  • $19.99

Votes: 93 14.7%
  • $29.99

Votes: 244 38.7%
  • $39.99

Votes: 158 25.0%
  • $49.99

Votes: 61 9.7%
  • $59.99

Votes: 53 8.4%

• Total voters
50 USD maximum, if that's like 30 GBP.

I do indeed like having money so I'm naturally inclined to want to pay less, but the overall skyrocket in KF's production values in the sequel justifies more than 15 GBP.

I'm just hoping that it'll be the tough-as-nails shooter with a consistent horror theme I fell in love with 5 years ago again.

Upvote 0
The original is 20.00 dollars. A good number of players are based in Europe where money can be a more critical issue (Steam overprices digital games in some places of Europe I've heard).

As an American, 30.00 to 40.00 dollars would be a good price range. Most experienced players that have tried KF and liked it know its a great value. Adding the price to account for the newness of the product, most people would go for it as a 40.00 or less game. Being on the lower end of the price spectrum may draw more budget gamers to KF2 as most games are priced above at or above 50.00 now.

Upvote 0
The original is 20.00 dollars. A good number of players are based in Europe where money can be a more critical issue (Steam overprices digital games in some places of Europe I've heard).

Steam doesn't set the prices, publishers or developers do. So if something is overpriced in Europe, blame the developer or the publishers, not Valve.

Upvote 0
Steam doesn't set the prices, publishers or developers do. So if something is overpriced in Europe, blame the developer or the publishers, not Valve.

Is the pricing up to you guys, or is it up to those Iceberg Interactive fellas? Don't they handle the box copies? 'Cos I'm interested in pre-ordering one if it turns out to be an option.

Upvote 0
Is the pricing up to you guys, or is it up to those Iceberg Interactive fellas? Don't they handle the box copies? 'Cos I'm interested in pre-ordering one if it turns out to be an option.

The pricing ON STEAM is up to us. The pricing of boxed versions is largely up to the local distributor. And that can get fairly confused/confusing.

Upvote 0
This is a completely unscientific poll, but just for fun I'm throwing it out there. How much would you be willing to pay for Killing Floor 2? Of course most people would just want to pay one cent or get it for free. But realistically (i.e. it won't be one cent) what would you pay for it?

Is this under the assumption that the price will remain the same from Early Access to final release?

Upvote 0
Personally, I'd probably pay $60 if that's what it took, but assuming that gameplay-affecting paid DLC awaits, I wouldn't be particularly happy about it, and people that aren't already KF/TWI fans wouldn't get as interested either.
I was hesitant to pay $20 for KF1, but you've obviously stepped up your game and built some reputation, so you could at least do $30 now without turning away new interest too badly.

So I'd suggest a launch price of $30 to $40.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
30$ max... probably

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for this game, but in an age in which I have a huge backlog to complete and I get games for 1$ to 10$, paying 15$ already hurts, and almost never paying more than 25 or 30$ (being those quite rare) I find it hard to justify spending 40 or 50$ in a game. Tho, I MAY if the game proves to be really good and there was no way of getting it cheaper, but then I could also tell myself to wait a year or two and play something from my huge list of unfinished games.

I'm a huge rat when it comes to spending money, it literally causes me pain to do so, probably I'm just from a different culture, and that combines with a lifetime of unemployment with no perspectives of change, and still having my mother paying for my stuff when I'm turning 29 this year. The result is that since I can't earn money, I put all my efforts into spending the least amount of it as possible.

I don't really know for sure how much I would pay, but I hope you find this text useful regardless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
30 Bucks seems like the most fair price and is in keeping with the old games pricing.
Of-course I expect there to be DLC but please keep it down to Characters and Skins. Weapon wise things like the AK47 and M4 were both the same stats just a different choice. So mainly a dlc could have new guns that perform the same but have a different look. Of-course if you ever want to add a new gun with new stats make it a free update while making a pack of skins for that new gun an optional purchase ;). So if you wanted to add a new revolver make it free than add variants like gold-plated/ snub-nosed and huge barrel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Voted for $30 but assuming I live in EU country and Store prices are in EUR, I'll have to pay 30€ which I think is a reasonable price. If I could pay in $, I might do $40 no problem, but because of uneven conversion rates from $/€ to LTL (my currency), I'll stick to 30 (30€ is actually more than $40 in my currency...)

A lot of europeans suffer from similar currency conversion issues, there's even a Steam group for that: 1€ ≠ 1$

Now that you explained pricing is up to you, TWI, maybe you could think something on that?.. There are examples of fixed pricing though (i.e. Valve's L4D: $19.99 in US store but 13.99€ in EU one.)

Upvote 0