• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unscientific Pricing Poll - What would you pay for KF2?

Unscientific Pricing Poll - What would you pay for KF2?

• $9.99

Votes: 22 3.5%
  • $19.99

Votes: 93 14.7%
  • $29.99

Votes: 244 38.7%
  • $39.99

Votes: 158 25.0%
  • $49.99

Votes: 61 9.7%
  • $59.99

Votes: 53 8.4%

• Total voters
If it is an improvement over the first KF, and comes out finished and well polished i would pay $99.

I have got 300hrs out of the first one and still love it.
Exactly why I voted $60. As long as it's as fun as the current vanilla game (without DLC weapons/skins) it's easily worth it for the number of hours I'd get from it. Only reason to pay less would be if I didn't trust it to be that good.

Upvote 0
Voted 30 US bucks, because I'm afraid it's gonna be $1 = 1€.

So 30 euros (= 40 dollars), and if the content, stability and fun factor is really there, up to : 35 euros (= 48 dollars) (+ the optional DLCs later).

-

Commercially speaking, I can't really tell but I think 30 euros should be a good price for the European market, 35 dollars for the US market.

I know 30 euros = 40 dollars, and I don't gave up on fair pricing, but I'm only talking in terms of commercial expectation: the US market is use to lower price (partially because of lower taxes, partially because the European market have been ripped off for the last 30 years and expect games to be pricey - they pirate more to compensate - but that's another story).

I expect it to be (at most) 35 euros (30-32 euros for pre-order) in EU, 40 dollars (35-37 dollars for pre-order) in the US, with a few bits of cosmetic goodies for pre-orders. To reach that price, it has to really feel complete though, not just a port to a new engine.

-

Anything more will feel forced and will go against the nature of the game, which is basically "that affordable zombie-shooter game with no SP campaign/AAA shiny graphics, that we all end up buying anyway because it's pretty damn fun, even if we don't play it for hundreds of hours".

(nb: I do played it for hundreds of hours, but very few of my friends did the same - they don't regret it all, they enjoyed it, they're just not gamers)

-

Most people (deeply) feel like "investing" in a game when they pay more than 30 bucks/20 euros.

They don't want to pay that amount of money and end up barely touching it: if they're afraid of the required commitment to the game, they won't get it and they won't play it, and it won't make that KF the "affordable zombie-shooter..." everyone love in nearly all gaming communities.

A shorter price will help these people make the jump and start enjoying it, and that's not something that should be ignored: making it easy to buy, join and play KF casually immensely helped its success and popularity.

It doesn't matter if you're good at FPS shooters or not (thanks to the Easy/Normal difficulty, co-op help from other players, and no competitive mentality - it has never been so OK to lose in a multiplayer FPS shooter: people cheer for the last surviving player and laugh when it's finally over, which is simply amazing), it doesn't matter if you keep switching between games because you can't choose which game you enjoy the most, it doesn't matter if you only have a handful of hours of free time every week (after playing your favorite high-price AAA games with your clan/friends, or taking care of the kids, or finishing your jobs): KF is still there and be enjoyable in a minute.

And it's kinda cheap for how great it is: the support, the content and the simple enjoyment of the experience. You don't feel like wasting your time, or money, or dedication: devs are great and deserve it, game is good and enjoyable, price is affordable - basically, no one is being robbed of their time/money/dedication.

That's why I haven't seen anyone saying that buying Killing Floor 1 was a bad decision, even people not into shooters agreed it was "one of the good MP games".

I really hope KF2 will be the same: a true classic that we can happily recommend to all friends/members of our communities without being worried about that choice.

An affordable price, low system requirement (top notch optimization + decent-enough low graphics) and a good shooting experience are the key elements that KF2 must have to be successful.

-

Back on prices, a lot of people (I would even say the majority) enjoy a casual Killing Floor session from time to time, so they won't shell out 45-50 bucks (or more than 40 euros for the EU) for that kind of entertainment (that's why a maximum of 35-40 bucks combined with the 20% to 33% off sales = people will still get it, between 25 and 32 dollars), while the hardcore KF fans will get the DLCs anyway.

ps: dear Tripwire, really get some "free week-end" ready to let people test the game (I know you will handle the planning just fine, you've got the experience :D), giving it a try with a small group of friends/'Steam friends' is the best way to get into KF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i'd feel really comfortable with 29.99 in USD. Simply because like some, I am curious on the system requirements. I would hate to shell out cash and have a Watch_Dogs type issue. I feel like 30 USD is the sweet spot for a game like KF, I mean I would pay 40 but no more due to the fact that I need dosh for my upgrades and eventual DLC (you know its coming...) if there were some sort of deluxe edition with goodies like soundtrack, models, DLC weapon sidegrades, Concept art, Making Of: movie, and stuff like that, I would pay 40+ bucks for it. But until I see some minimum and maximum req's and actual gameplay I would only pay around 30 due to my fear of unplayability.

You know I love you TWI, but the Golden State is rough on my wallet this time of year. You definitely deserve to make a good profit for all your hard work, just please be merciful with your 8 dollar DLC single character packs... <3

Upvote 0
$29.99 up to $39.99 but i do hope that the price is kept as low as possible and DLC doesn't become mandatory like KF so more people get to experience this game. I don't have all DLC skins on my account (vanity doesnt bother me) but I have gifted the game quite a few times. I like others have pointed out in this thread think you should if possible keep the KF ethos that got you to where you are today. pile em up stack em high - its better to have 1% of 1000 sales than 30% of 1 sale. I know i got Killing Floor on a steam sale for something like

Upvote 0
I'd like to say $50 USD or the like, as the value per hour of entertainment in the original was exceptional, but with the sales, inevitable nickel-and-diming DLC, and horrible disappointment that was Red Orchestra 2 I'm inclined to wait until well after release for it to be patched and on sale rather than buy it on release day. Make no mistake, if I *could* get the full game experience in a relatively stable form and not have to constantly keep up with an influx of overpriced & underwhelming DLC I would gladly pay $50 or even more, but since that's off the table I'll likely just get it on sale at 1/2 or a 1/3 that amount.

Upvote 0
Mandatory?
The weapon DLC for KF1 is OP, or at least was on release and for several months after (I haven't played since February so idk if it's been fixed). But in no particular order, here's what I remember:
Scythe - body stuns scrakes, swings faster than axe, weighs less than claymore and does more damage
Flare revolver - one shots crawlers on HoE, carries an obscene amount of ammo, weighs as much as an MK23
Thompson - weighs 5 kilos, allowing 2 rifle commando loadouts with 4 kilos of free weight more far more versatile loadouts. Not a big deal below sui.
RS Tommy Gun - 62 rounds, more powerful than the M4 AND only 5 kilos?
Buzzsaw Bow - It's an xbow for berserker, only more powerful and with glowing ammo so it can be easily reused
SP Musket - Superior to the LAR in every way.

etc. etc.

Upvote 0