• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Yeah! More copyright infringement!

rol'

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2012
Yeah, looks like a blatant case of ripped content. They even stole the attack animation. :/

Spoiler!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
It is much more likely that the developers got the model from one of those unscrupulous free model sites that did not provide proper attribution. Since the Clot has its proper animations, whoever originally posted it probably converted the model from the available Source Filmmaker source files as porting it from the Unreal engine packages would have been a total pain.

Upvote 0
Even though this is a no brainer, they also stole the block building idea from Minecraft/whatever game it was inspired by. Not sure who did it first to be honest.

But one thing they did outright steal from Minecraft 100% is the crafting interface. Hell, the trailer voice sounds like utter crap.

Upvote 0
Even though this is a no brainer, they also stole the block building idea from Minecraft/whatever game it was inspired by. Not sure who did it first to be honest.

Ideas can't be stolen, only the means of execution.

They also stole sounds from DayZ/Infestion (WarZ) lol.

This is confusing. As "Dayz/WarZ" it appears they both share the same sounds, which means they probably came from a library. Did you mean "DayZ and WarZ", which would imply 2 separate sources?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is confusing. As "Dayz/WarZ" it appears they both share the same sounds, which means they probably came from a library. Did you mean "DayZ and WarZ", which would imply 2 separate sources?
To be honest, they sound almost indentical but I am not sure if they are the same, which is why I put /, as a just incase they are the same. I can't tell if they maybe had contact with each other for sharing or they bought/used from a library. It is something I may actually look into, specially with the hate people give WarZ yet it's the one I prefer lol.

Upvote 0
DayZ is a mod, so there team whould either find sounds or make new ones.
The WarZ (Now called Infestation: Survivor Stories) is a game created by a russian guy who already got in trouble for the game. He could have stolen sounds created for DayZ and whould seem...err...okay in his standers.

Only on the lower difficulties, friend.
MMORPGs dont have difficulties :p

What also catches my eye is the shotgun's animation and their Fat Zombie reminds me of another "zombie" :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

The block building idea that Minecraft stole from Lego, right?

Seeing as, from your logic, Lego has building blocks, and it came out centuries before Minecraft was even though of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0