• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unscientific Pricing Poll - What would you pay for KF2?

Unscientific Pricing Poll - What would you pay for KF2?

• $9.99

Votes: 22 3.5%
  • $19.99

Votes: 93 14.7%
  • $29.99

Votes: 244 38.7%
  • $39.99

Votes: 158 25.0%
  • $49.99

Votes: 61 9.7%
  • $59.99

Votes: 53 8.4%

• Total voters
Are there any plans to have pre-order tier bonuses on Steam?
Several games have done it recently, it basically means there are three tiers of bonus content that will be added if x amount of people pre-order the game.

It would be great to see something like that with Killing Floor 2.

Price wise I'd be happy to pay $29.99. This is certainly going to be a game that hundreds of hours could easily be invested into, and will no doubt have years worth of additional support and extra content.

Upvote 0
Honestly, it depends on the size of the game, and how different it is from KF1.

If the gameplay is identical, and what we have are essentially updated graphics, sounds, classes, weapons and enemies, $30 - $40 is alright.

If it's a completely overhauled experience with loads of new content, I see no reason why it shouldn't be priced at the same amount as any AAA game would be at $60... though maybe $50 for owners of the original? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I voted for $29.99 given what I know of the game thus far. If this is basically killing floor 1 with a better graphics and more fleshy dismemberment effects/blood system then it is worth that.

If we are going to see new game modes like a non "map with bots" campaign or pvp then I would fully agree with $59.99 pricing.

EDIT: For demographic purposes: 31 year old, North American male. Income level between 50k-60k

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I voted for $29.99, that's completely reasonable price for me.
Would still buy for $39.99 as well.
$49.99 is too much for a multiplayer only game.
$59.99 is not an option.

akShWJp.gif

Upvote 0
I don't consider price to be something of an issue, the price versus potential duration and quality of the gametime that I experience is much more important.

Meaning that if there's lots and lots of content that'll keep me busy for atleast 100+ hours, then a 60 euro pricetag is fine. But if you're going for a smaller game with less depth and content I would pay far less for.

I don't know much about killing floor 2 other than me briefly playing the original after buying it at some discount years after the release. So it's hard to say what kind of price I would think is best.

Though I generally think that the majority of the games shouldn't cost more than 30 to 40 euros at most.

Upvote 0
Might be a bit cheap, but I voted 10$ because this is a game where you'll likely be buying copies for your friends. With KF1, I bought- man.. I don't even know how many copies were gifted.

Maybe I'm an edge case with friends that wouldn't buy the title if it's around 10$ (as steam spoils), but I feel that 10 would help spread the game like crazy due to people like me who'd just gift it recklessly (ultimately bringing in more revenue)

Upvote 0
I'm not sure why there is all this concern about regional pricing from TWI. We've always priced accordingly per region, and we're not about to reverse 9 years of doing that. Case in point look at the regional pricing for the first game:

[url]http://www.steamprices.com/us/app/1250/killing-floor
[/URL]

Keep in mind the Steam price for Euros and Pounds already includes VAT which is about 20%, and in the US there is no VAT.
Since you have admited you are the ones setting the prices. Can you tell me why you do the direct 1 dollar= 1 euro conversion in certain parts of the EU?. I fail to find the logic there. Specially since you charge more in the "poorer" countries. How comes?.

Upvote 0
I voted for $29.99, that's completely reasonable price for me.
Would still buy for $39.99 as well.
$49.99 is too much for a multiplayer only game.
$59.99 is not an option.
That's funny. Games that focus on single player are not worth much, and multiplayer games are worth a lot because I will probably spend hunderds of hours having fun playing them.

Upvote 0