• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF-WTFMut, betabees

Glowsticks! 0 Weight, 5 dosh.
Primary: drop one
Secondary: wear one 'round your neck

1st person mesh is a placeholder for now.

Also...the video makes it look a lot darker than it was in-game...

That would be perfect, but will there be a separate mutator so you arent forced to use the WTF mutator? Dont get me wrong tho the mutator is a lot of fun but just if someone wants to play "normal" but with glowsticks or flares.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
im diggin this mutator
its a blast on lightsout maps

would it be possible for the other modders in the community to submit their own work for use in the WTFMut?

i made a godly version of the LAW that uses an explosion effect from RO that i think would stand up well to that nuke ;]

or maybe some incendiary pipebombs ive been workin on

maybe my zombie mod could use a revival?
just a thought

Upvote 0
Yomomassis: Hell yea man, I'm always looking for good stuff. Anyone wants to submit something for potential addition to wtfmut, just pm me or post in the thread. I'm really looking for weapons or equipment that offer something mechanically different over new skins...but there's still ~20 spots left in the trader array with wtfmut's current equipment available for sale.

Paint Grenades...that functionality might get rolled into the commando's stun grenades.

One thing I've been working on lately is The Patriarch. It has been the case in 1.3 and less that he's sort of a reprieve from wave 10/10 and not quite up to snuff in terms of ai or challenge with the rest of the mut.

That's all going to change in 1.4. Me and Peas have been playtesting around with the changes, and lemme tell ya- The Hateriarch is terrifying.

That pipe bomb sitting out in the open? He shoots it. That huge chaingun/rocket launcher on his arm? He learned how to use it, and oh, he uses it often. Lazy walk? Gone. Minigun? More accurate. Rocket? Faster and more damaging. Cloaking? Gone is the 30% chance he decides not to when he otherwise could have. 25% more base health. One. Scary. F***er. There was one concession made: he does a little less melee damage than he used to, so you aren't instantly dead when he gets on you- you get just a little room to squirm.

You will want to be near cover, you will want exit routes. The palpable fear of the Patriarch returns. He can be defeated on Suicidal, but you will need a really coordinated and alert team.

Something else I added as sort of an interesting knick-knack that is Phada's idea- if you do lose to the Hateriarch, you get a message showing how much health he had left (aka: how close you were to victory). I think I coded this a little differently than however Phada did (in the actual Haterarich's code), but the end result is roughly the same.

Me and Peas managed to defeat him a few times on Hard tonight, I'll post some video tomorrow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
v1.4 - The Hateriarch patch is out

• He will frequently shoot or avoid Pipe Bombs and UM32 Proximity rounds.
  • He can disintegrate mines with his crazy eye (has a cooldown)
  • He went to rocket lawnchair / chaingun arm academy and learned how to use his awesome armaments...and he likes to use them often
  • Faster walking speed
  • Resists being knocked down over and over again
  • 1500 more base health
  • doesn't hurt himself shooting doors point-blank with rockets
  • can melee doors, and has a chance to just tear the door right off the hinges with each hit
  • His rockets deal way more damage and fly faster
  • He's more accurate with the chaingun
On the player side...

• Medic -gets a +3% per rank damage with MachinePistol, 2x Machine Pistols, Hand Cannon, 2x Hand Cannons, and MP7M2
  • SA80 damage range reduced from 400-720 to 400-500
  • changed up M79 clusterbombs to not play sound upon bouncing off something (caused sound to cut out sometimes during testing, though I hadn't heard any reports of this)
  • Flamethrower secondary fire's damage was backed off a little, and consumes ammo faster than before
  • FIRE Axe secondary death from above burn damage backed off significantly overall, down to around 100 dps burn damage
  • Demo special rounds for grenade launchers had their damage backed down slightly
Here's a brief demo (this is testing footage during which the Hateriarch's behaviors were restricted to dealing with mines) showing the Hateriarch's new eye for mines:

YouTube - WTFMut v1.4 - Hateriarch has an eye for mines
YouTube - WTFMut v1.4 - Hateriarch Suprise Shot
YouTube - WTFMut v1.4 - Suprise Ow
YouTube - WTFMut v1.4 - Hateriarch Down on the Deck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm...how about...

Hmm...how about...

Hey, how about adding maybe an ammo satchel...it would have limited uses, would refill some ammo for a teammate if used on them...would have to be used at close range (bout the same range as a medic syringe) and would be moderately expensive. I'd say maybe give it about 10 "charges" and have each charge be = 1 ammo box? Oh and have it's weight be like...maybe 5-8 blocks...so that you'd have to decide to give up some firepower in order to help the team.

Upvote 0