• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

KF-WTFMut, betabees

King Sumo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 8, 2011
Brazil
www.youtube.com
Would you guys can add ammo classes to your custom weapons? Without this the ammo is shared between weapons (of same base class) and also creates weird conditions in HUD.

Marco

May 23, 2009
Finland
I couldn't help but to notice the mod had extra large texture package, then when I looked it up I noticed it was full of hi-res uncompressed 32bit textures. You should consider compressing them into DXT1/3/5 (DXT1 for non-translucent and DXT3/5 for translucent ones), and it would reduce their size by a lot. Some smaller ones that are 512x512 or less in resolution can be converted into paletted 8-bit textures.

forrestmark9

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 29, 2011
I couldn't help but to notice the mod had extra large texture package, then when I looked it up I noticed it was full of hi-res uncompressed 32bit textures. You should consider compressing them into DXT1/3/5 (DXT1 for non-translucent and DXT3/5 for translucent ones), and it would reduce their size by a lot. Some smaller ones that are 512x512 or less in resolution can be converted into paletted 8-bit textures.
Don't forget DXT1 with 1-bit alpha that really really helps with a few textures that have just a 1-bit alpha, dunno if they are used here since it's generally useful with hud textures, doubt it for weapon skins

Last edited:

BEEEEEES

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2009
Would you guys can add ammo classes to your custom weapons? Without this the ammo is shared between weapons (of same base class) and also creates weird conditions in HUD.
:-| I thought I did that... What weapons did you notice this on - I will fix that.

[SM]TOPSGT

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 12, 2011
Colorado
slsnipers.enjin.com
It's so great that this has come back and finished. The support files (utx, ukx etc.) are they same names as before? Do they contain the same items as before plus some additional items? Will this cause any confusion or mismatch? Thanks for the release and your hard work.

Last edited:

BEEEEEES

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2009
TOPSGT: I think they are the same, but I'd recommend you remove any old wtfmut assets and copy the new ones into place. The entire zip file is only 36 MB.

Marco / ForrestMark9: I will point these comments out to Peas.

hegyeri: I will investigate why the Chemical Sprayer is not awarding Field Medic XP.

Last edited:

oOPEASOo

Jul 23, 2010
Yeah, the textures were meant to be of the smaller format. I'll try to take some time this week(end) to get them fixed. Thanks for bringing that up!

oOPEASOo

Jul 23, 2010
Good news everyone!

Good news everyone!

So took a look back at the texture files... yeah totally forgot to convert these new compiles. Thanks for catching it!

So old sizes
141MB of WTF.utx
20MB of WTF2.utx

Now the new sizes
12MB of WTF.utx
2MB of WTF2.utx

Just need to get these to BEEEEEES! :D

NikC-

Jul 22, 2014
So took a look back at the texture files... yeah totally forgot to convert these new compiles. Thanks for catching it!

So old sizes
141MB of WTF.utx
20MB of WTF2.utx

Now the new sizes
12MB of WTF.utx
2MB of WTF2.utx

Just need to get these to BEEEEEES! :D
#bump #hype

LordRhythm

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2013
I couldn't get my server to start with the sample KFGameType written over my old one.

With my regular KFGameType, I was able to summon a couple WTF monsters, & serverperks showed up, so I knew at least everything was installed correctly.

I changed it to Custom game length & 15 waves, and then replaced only the Waves, MonsterSquad, and MonsterClasses values from the sample, and it's running now.

When I have time I will go through the sample KFGameType and my own line by line. If I narrow down what caused my problem I will edit this post again.

Thanks for keeping this mod's download link alive, I've missed this craziness.

Last edited:

WaffleTime

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 31, 2016
Ive got everythink working (besides the trader being able to sell wtf weapon) but it seems the wtf zeds are not spawning.