• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. VariousNames

Disabling Unlocks / server filter

All right, maybe I'm an idiot, but I cannot find where on the server browser to filter out levelup benefits. E.g. Unlocked guns, increased suppression resistance and reduced recoil and so forth. I want to find a server with unlocks set -off-. Can anyone tell me how to find out whether a server...
  2. VariousNames

Pictures of WWII ironsights

http://www.gunpics.net/ironsights/ironsights.html derp Now you can feel like you are a World War 2 soldier TT33 pic enclosed
  3. VariousNames

Gun vs Armor calculator

http://www.wwiiequipment.com/pencalc/ Wonderful graphical tool, particularly for determining optimum tank angles for the greatest chance of deflection. Unfortunately, no Soviet tanks, but you can see how German armor performs and where the sweet spots are. That is assuming that the calculator...
  4. VariousNames

Toggle zoom player side option

Based on this offscreen video from this thread: RO2 looks like it has automatic zoom on aiming... there is no way for the player to aim without zooming. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE Add a player side option to set zoom to a toggle apart from the aiming button, like in ArmA. Automatic...
  5. VariousNames

What type of server will you play on?

The purpose of this thread is to collect a general survey on the game type you expect to play on HoS. The purpose of that survey is to give some kind of an indication to the people on this forum of what kinds of server pops and community to expect when the game hits. This survey is tentative...
  6. VariousNames

Tank reinforcements

Tanks infinitely respawn in Ost. Only limitation of tank deployment is infantry reinforcements. Effectively the loss of a tank is no more jarring to the squad than the loss of a couple infantrymen. Proposal: tanks should respawn up until a finite number of "tank reinforcements" set to reflect a...
  7. VariousNames

laser sights on dual pistols

For sharpshooter, give players access to laser sights on dual 9mms and dual handcannons. With this, the dilemma between ironsights and dual pistols would be erased and dual pistols would be useful for something other than spamming big bads. A simple concept is: make it something that can be...
  8. VariousNames

Novelty overload

YouTube - PPSH - 41
  9. VariousNames

Discussion on Heroes/Leveling Cont

This thread is a matter of courtesy to the TC of the "Idea for Heroes" thread where this discussion originated, found here. This thread's purpose is ostensibly to continue the argument that began there, although anything related to leveling systems could be discussed here. That is a...
  10. VariousNames

Concerns about persistent stats

Persistent stats may increase the tendency of some players to ignore team balance for the sake of improving their own "persistent score." This has two effects, one, it dilutes the value of persistent stats, making them less an accurate reflection of player skill. Two, it alters gameplay on a...
  11. VariousNames

Molotov Cocktails

http://www.worldwar-two.net/armamento/124/ The well-aimed bottles hit the tank. The flames spread quickly. The blast of the explosion is heard. The machine stands motionless. The crew is burned alive. The other two tanks turn around and withdraw. The Germans who took cover behind them...
  12. VariousNames

Are persistent "rankups" realistic?

For those that don't know, there are plans for a persistent ranking system in HoS. The details are unknown, but the following from Ramm-Jaeger in this thread gives an idea of what we may be able to expect: (Please read the quote in context in the linked thread) Is it realistic? Persistent...
  13. VariousNames

PIV top 10 tank of all time? History Channel fails...

If you are already a History Channel basher you may want to skip this thread for fear of blood pressure. Otherwise, check out this vid: YouTube - Top Ten Tanks- #6: Mk IV Panzer PANZORS MADE WORLD TREMBLE WITH THEIR PWN ZOMG So this tank, which had an astonishing 50mm frontal armor thickness...
  14. VariousNames

Incredible tank models

http://www.themworkshop.com/MGALLERY.htm Scale models with an incredible level of detail....the amount of eastern front World War 2 stuff is awesome. I was just impressed by the material and I thought you might be interested. For instance, check out this Marder 3...
  15. VariousNames

Red Orchestra Ballistics

I'm curious as to how the ballistics operate in Red Orchestra. Here's what I do know. There is projectile drop. The projectiles follow a genuine trajectory which appears to model the acceleration of gravity, i.e. the trajectory becomes more steep with distance. I also know that penetration...
  16. VariousNames

Suggestions with 3d demo

If you have TL;DR syndrome, just click on the links, they're sufficient on their own. I managed to find a piece of software that compiles a list of some of my suggestions for HoS and some of the suggestions found on this forum, along with features confirmed for HoS. I merely wish to illustrate...
  17. VariousNames

Free aim on iron sights needs to go

The free aim on iron sights in HoS needs to go away. When you aim down the sights you move your entire rifle along with your arms, shoulder, and head. Because you are lining up your sights with your eyes, the entire upper portion of your body moves as ONE UNIT. I cannot fathom why someone...
  18. VariousNames

Killing Floor outselling MW2 on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/weeklytopsellers.xml On Steam's weekly top sellers, Killing Floor justly outsold Modern Warfare 2, which has an insane advertising budget and is the highly anticipated sequel to a game rated 9.0+ on nearly every videogame review publication in the world. #6 -...
  19. VariousNames

Tigers like paper, Panthers invincible

EDIT: I was wrong : ) Panther>T-34/85 IS-2>Panther Tiger=IS-2 ?? I'm referring to the armor of the Tiger and the Panther. I was playing Arad yesterday and driving a T-34/85. I scored a hit on a Tiger I's frontal armor....disabled it in one shot at 500 meters. I disabled the same Tiger driver...
  20. VariousNames

Please stop crouch spam in RO2

In playing on a lot of bolt action hipshooting/bayo only servers, I've discovered what you might say is an exploit due to something that seems pretty innocuous. ---------------------- Obviously, if you're engaged in close quarters combat with a bolt-action rifle, you've got one shot, which means...