• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor outselling MW2 on Steam

VariousNames

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
[url]http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/weeklytopsellers.xml[/URL]

On Steam's weekly top sellers, Killing Floor justly outsold Modern Warfare 2, which has an insane advertising budget and is the highly anticipated sequel to a game rated 9.0+ on nearly every videogame review publication in the world.
#6 - Killing Floor
#7 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Finally, TWI getting some recognition?

1 - Price. KF is $20, and MW2 is $60. That leads me to point #2:

2 - Infinity Ward is ****ting all over its PC fanbase, one point being MW2's price. A PC game should not have a price as high as an Xbox game - $20 of the Xbox game's price is a levy from Microsoft so that they can actually make a profit off their console.

Upvote 0
To be fair each of those games runs on different engines which is enough for me to consider them different games. And I don't know how modern warfare is at all similar to CoD1/2 which were WWII games. You'll might as well say that every shooter game is wolfenstein 3D with new skins and weapons.

I would like to keep the topic on killing floor but I just have to say this.

The Cod 6 (MW2) engine is basically the Cod 4 engine with new graphics. And so on.

IW Have put me off call of duty for a while (till I get my new xbox @ xmas)

The whole dedicated server fiasco is a joke. There selling out the PC fanbase.

I'm not that worried about the price as GAME are offering it

Upvote 0
AC2 is meh if the first game is any indication.

Mass Effect will be a good choice, but maybe I could steer you towards the already released Dragon Age Origins? Looks pretty good, another Bioware developed game.

Bad Company 2 will have dedicated servers on all platforms, so that's good.

But, yes, Killing Floor is always a good choice. If you haven't played Red Orchestra Ost Front....it's a war sim from Tripwire, very modestly priced and also happens to be the best online FPS I've ever played, if you're into realism.

Up next for me is Red Orchestra Heroes of Stalingrad :D

Aside from that there's always strategy games, Company of Heroes, Warhammer Dawn of War, Total War, Civilization, Warcraft....can't go wrong with that bunch.

Upvote 0