• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please stop crouch spam in RO2

VariousNames

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
In playing on a lot of bolt action hipshooting/bayo only servers, I've discovered what you might say is an exploit due to something that seems pretty innocuous.
----------------------
Obviously, if you're engaged in close quarters combat with a bolt-action rifle, you've got one shot, which means you have to tag your target. Fortunately, there isn't too much your opponent can do in the way of strafing to the left and the right quickly due to there being a moment where the player has to overcome his avatar's physical inertia in the opposite direction before he can change directions (strafe), so if you make sure and track your target before firing that all-important first shot (particularly if they have a PPSH or some other noob cannon), you can generally hit him. That's a concept that I like, inertia. It's realistic (try strafing IRL, back and forth; that's why people zigzag IRL instead of strafe when covering ground) and it prevents people from closing ground while chewing up your one and only shot.
------------------
Unfortunately, there is what I'd like to say is a crouch exploit caused by the speed at which players can crouch. Basically, you press C over and over again in RO: Ost Front, and bayo hits that appear to strike flesh or bullets that would otherwise hit their target don't, probably more due to the fact that you're attacking a shifting target than actually hitting nothing at all (the round/bayonet goes through a human mass but does not count as a hit).

So my suggestion to avoid all this is with a simple fix that would actually make the game more realistic, to include a small delay in crouching as the player overcomes the inertia of his torso's up and down movement, basically so you can't spam it to avoid getting hit by bayos/bolts. Like a quarter of a second to a half-second or something.

Please. For the love of God. This is making being a rifleman totally lame. Thanks.

That would be good, maybe like the crouching from ArmA? There is a 1-1.5 second delay between going from standing to crouching, and vice-versa.

More like 3/4 of a second....however long the developers of the game deem it to take in real life, but it certainly needs to be longer. It would also be good if it were procedural instead of instantaneous so that it cannot be used as an exploit to dodge bullets.

Upvote 0