• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Wild Bunch & Tripwire Interactive's 50 player test server

Can't find my tag huh? Try looking between the hours of 1400 and 2300 EDT (GMT -4). I've been on every night. This is peak game time in the states! Can we get an admin on then?

Seriously, I don't mean any disrespect to TWI or TWB. I fully understand that this is test code and that there will be bugs. But as was said before, this is a 24 hour server so there should be some effort to monitor it accordingly. Perhaps I should just point the finger at TWI for not picking a server in the states? There are two major markets for this game. The USA and UK. Wouldn't it make sense to have a server in both Locations or at least admins monitoring at peak hours in those two locations? What are peak hours you ask? Check the logs, unless they aren't working correctly either.

How does votekicking work? Nobody seems to be able to figure it out. I've seen a couple of votekicks initiated, but it seems nobody votes because they don't know how. Secondly 51% of the vote means that at least one person on the opposing team would have to vote. You know that's not going to happen. A person that is TKing or VoIP spamming is only annoying his own team. Thus votekicking is not effective. Besides once kicked the person usually just gets back on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It happend that, after my guner disconected the turret completly "dissapeared", maybe he had an error from the game, so it kicked him out, or just trouble with his conection. Anyway, I was not able to switch to the turret, nor was anyone able to "see" the turret outside of the tank. It happend several times, but very rarely I have to say, so not really something extrem critical. It doesnt happen every 5min that yoru guner gets kicked out of the game, so i could live with that bug.

This exact bug has happened to me a couple times even before the 50 player server went up. I suspect it had something to do with lag. I usually just kamakazi my tank and start over.

Upvote 0
Any comments on #2 and #3 from my last post? This map-warping or whatever you would call it is very detrimental. Any other maps experiencing strange issues? TractorWorks should be pulled asap, regardless of TWI's opinion, the map is broken in this system...but ONLY on the server. Load it up in practice mode and you see that it works as originally released.

Upvote 0
I hopped on to remove tractor works from the rotation, but it looks like a TWB admin beat me to it. Everyone needs to keep in mind when you play on this server your are basically playing a beta of what will be released with the patch. Noone is forcing you to play, so there is absolutely NO reason to get angry if you don't have an enjoyable experience. Just hop off the server and play on the regular servers, and wait for the official release before you try again.

Upvote 0
Thanks, guys. Butch PM'd that he pulled it. No need for a broken version to be running there just adding frustration to people's days. Please try it locally and cap the first three objectives; kill yourself and you should respawn right at the back of the apartments objective. The ATs don't respawn locally either. I proofed it all in the editor right from the /cache. I would be interested in what happened. Might impact other maps/changes to mine.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
This happened on Gorlitz today:
tinyturret.jpg

Upvote 0
This is a test server, it is supposed to buggy here and there.
I know what you mean, but it isn't what you said.:p
Unless you mean to say thay TWI have added bugs BECAUSE it's a test server.

Anyway, Big Luv to TWB for providing the monster hardware and to TWI for putting the effort into making the game work between 16 and 50 players.

On an aside, I did get the auto-repeating ATR on Hedgehog. And after about 10 shots in the rear from a range of 3feet, the PzIII disappeared, and I thought I saw it about 200m away fading into the haze.
Should bugs found on the TWI server be posted here, or in the Bugs section, or you're going create a sticky ?

Upvote 0
I know what you mean, but it isn't what you said.:p
Unless you mean to say thay TWI have added bugs BECAUSE it's a test server.

Anyway, Big Luv to TWB for providing the monster hardware and to TWI for putting the effort into making the game work between 16 and 50 players.

On an aside, I did get the auto-repeating ATR on Hedgehog. And after about 10 shots in the rear from a range of 3feet, the PzIII disappeared, and I thought I saw it about 200m away fading into the haze.
Should bugs found on the TWI server be posted here, or in the Bugs section, or you're going create a sticky ?

If you believe you have a bug, post it in the bug section.
Consider that this is a test server!

Thats all, thanks !

Upvote 0
A few words about a few things I don't like about this server. Ok, yes, it is less laggy than Corbina's 44 slot server plus it has 6 extra players, good enough to make up close to correct number of rifle men in 2 complete German MG squads. It's good potenitally, but when every single guy is doing his own thing, it gets close to the times on the 64 player rounds on CoD on tiny maps. And when I say tiny I mean fitting 64 players in two buildings and letting them fight it out. Also the increased number off players, more good stuff for the MGers. Suppressive fire, and whatnot. But then when you get picked off from one of your blind sides you know you have no support from your team WHATSOEVER. they aren't even enthusiastic to give you any spare ammo anymore. I'd prolly be a good MGer if my connection were a bit better. Also with the increased number of players comes the increased number of idiots. Chat spammers, idiots who spam on VOIP with phony Austrian accents, and not only those idiots, 10 guys on the roof who can't hit the broad side of a barn, and won't help in any way whatsoever so the extra slots whould be better of without these idiots camping for no apparent reason. I think I'll stick to killing guys in an organzied fashion rather then a CoD spree fest when everyone when around you has a SMG and you're with a rifle. It's exactly like it used to be with me back at CoD.

Upvote 0