• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Wild Bunch & Tripwire Interactive's 50 player test server

Then hopefully, since modifying the map code would ruin this and other map's quality gameplay, the DEAD TURRET bug... the effective neutralization of the Tanks will hasten TW to fix of this nasty, recent RO BUG.

If you are referring to what I think you are, that has been a consistant bug since day one. It is most often triggered by leaving the tank and trying to re-enter the same moment another player or even bot does. I have replicated the bug while testing with bots locally. It is not map specific, but a base code issue and I would no idea how TWI would fix it or if there is a cost/benefit worth it.

Upvote 0
Then hopefully, since modifying the map code would ruin this and other map's quality gameplay, the DEAD TURRET bug... the effective neutralization of the Tanks will hasten TW to fix of this nasty, recent RO BUG.

I have never even heard of this bug before, and I play tanks a LOT. If you know of a good reproduction we'll definitely look into it. No tank code has been changed in about 5 months, so I'm not sure how this could be a recent bug. Are you sure it doesn't happen while running a mutator?

Upvote 0
****** was on the server today. He seemed to have paniced and left when I said his real name.

Check the logs for this name: >:3

Thanks for the heads up on that. I have seen that tag on quite a bit lately but whoever it is has never done anything to draw attention to themselves. I will check the logs as soon as I can.
****** was on a few days ago sporting <RTR> redeye's tags and earned himself another Ban but I do have another 3 guids for him to add just as soon as we get an opportunity. At the moment the server seems to be populated 24/7 and we just haven't had the opportunity to shut it down for a while to update.

Upvote 0
I have never even heard of this bug before, and I play tanks a LOT. If you know of a good reproduction we'll definitely look into it. No tank code has been changed in about 5 months, so I'm not sure how this could be a recent bug. Are you sure it doesn't happen while running a mutator?

A way to reproduce this maybe, could be a constant disconecting while in the guners position (if it is the bug I asume ... not sure).

It happend that, after my guner disconected the turret completly "dissapeared", maybe he had an error from the game, so it kicked him out, or just trouble with his conection. Anyway, I was not able to switch to the turret, nor was anyone able to "see" the turret outside of the tank. It happend several times, but very rarely I have to say, so not really something extrem critical. It doesnt happen every 5min that yoru guner gets kicked out of the game, so i could live with that bug.

I had it also happen one time so far, that the turret was somewhat "locked" in a position, and it was not possible to move it and the view while looking outside of the hatch, was like through a scope, everything zoomed. Though from all the million times i played tanks, this was the first time it happend to me. It might again just happend cause the guner was kicked out of the game, for what ever reason. I dont know it for sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does anybody monitor this server at all? I've been on the past 4 nights and have yet to see an admin. There are constantly problems with people TKing or otherwise annoying people. Votekicking seems to be disabled and no admins are around to kick/ban them. I can't believe TWI would release the test could a such a irresponsible group. The test server should constantly be monitored to keep idiots from ruining the entire experience. God this ****s!

Upvote 0
People have lives.

How many admins does TWB have? You mean to tell me that at least one of them couldn't get on once in a while. I haven't seen a single admin on there and I've played countless hours on the server. It's pretty much anything goes and nobody gives a rat's a**.

What is up with the server anyhow? Isn't it supposed to be running stock settings? I know for a fact that somebody has screwed with map settings and probably the tank settings as well. I've been seeing some strange things going on. Never ending artillery on maps that usually have limits. Tanks that suddenly blow up from a single shot even when properly angled. Spawns not advancing correctly. Pak guns that respawn seconds after being destroyed even though they aren't supposed to respawn at all.

Either there is something seriously wrong with the test code, or somebody screwed with stuff. I want to see another test server or two run by a couple of other responsible/reputable groups.

Upvote 0
Three issues:

1) This server needs to be admined during prime play hours OR turn on vote kicking. The amount of VoIP spamming is ridiculous and it is totally ruining any play on this server. It is sad that every other spawn you have to 'ban' players from your VoIP. Either admin the thing or allow kicking. Below are three of the many who were out of control tonight, and I was on 'Kessel' for only half a round. Several of the oh-so-Elite [2ndPnZ] were doing the same thing...I'd say ban the lot of them.

spammers.jpg

2) Please remove TractorWorks immediately. I played two entirely pointless rounds on it tonight. There are MAJOR bugs that seem to be created by the server or player count. The foremost issue is the third German spawn does not activate. EVER. Through two rounds. I then loaded the map file from /cache into the editor, and played it. The spawns WORK as they are programmed. I wonder if there is a spawn issue with the new code that it won't use them due to there being too few??? I have no idea, but until I can send Butch an updated file, this one is a waste of time if it does not work properly.

The second concern is the newly apparent T34X that seems to know exactly how to disable the Stug engine on 90% of it's first shots, while enduring countless Stug rounds. Very weird. Pings were in the 120s for most of us and the map was very playable. I have never seen the T34 be so dominant. Probably more frustration venting, but just posing questions about the code keeping up with all the activity on 'busier' maps.

3) AT Guns that respawn... over and over again. WTF is that about? I checked the map file in the editor, EVERY gun is set for only one spawn. Yet in the server, they are respawning like good Irish Catholics. (I'm a bad German Catholic so back off).

Something needs to be looked at here because there are some nasty, game/map breaking anomalies going on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does anybody monitor this server at all? I've been on the past 4 nights and have yet to see an admin. There are constantly problems with people TKing or otherwise annoying people. Votekicking seems to be disabled and no admins are around to kick/ban them. I can't believe TWI would release the test could a such a irresponsible group. The test server should constantly be monitored to keep idiots from ruining the entire experience. God this ****s!

Yes Prime Evil this server is monitored. Please remember also that TWB* are a UK clan running on GMT and not CET time. There are clan members about every day/evening and any problems that are seen are reported and dealt with appropriately. Tripwire also have full access and have been banning the idiots as well.

I don't quite know where you get the idea that we are an irresponsible clan from because of a minority of public like to ruin the experience for all, but I'd suggest pointing your finger in their direction and not ours. We are doing everything humanly possible to keep our battlefields clear of killers of the purposely tk-ing kind. Vote Kicking has been enabled but as always becomes a tool for some twits to abuse, hence it gets turned off again.

If you have any problems in the future with players on our server then please feel free to report them on our website www.twbclan.com and we shall endeavour to remove them asap.

Upvote 0
What is up with the server anyhow? Isn't it supposed to be running stock settings? I know for a fact that somebody has screwed with map settings and probably the tank settings as well. I've been seeing some strange things going on. Never ending artillery on maps that usually have limits. Tanks that suddenly blow up from a single shot even when properly angled. Spawns not advancing correctly. Pak guns that respawn seconds after being destroyed even though they aren't supposed to respawn at all.

Either there is something seriously wrong with the test code, or somebody screwed with stuff. I want to see another test server or two run by a couple of other responsible/reputable groups.

Tripwire are responsible for the content that is going on this server being the TEST server, they have also been tweaking code here and there. So it is running with their settings, we're just testing and reporting the bugs back to them. I'm sure they will be pleased to see the problems you have encountered whilst playing although this was testing server compatibility and max players.

I'm sure yourself or your responsible/reputable group that you belong too are also able to apply for beta testing. Maybe you should get your names down and wait for your names to get drawn out of the hat or whatever process TWI use 8)

Upvote 0
I would recommend TWB appoints a responsible US player or two to handle admin duties during the UK sleepy-time. Just give them temporary admin P/W's.

I would also recommend Prime Evil shows a bit more respect to TWB and to TWI - they did not have to do this, you know. And you do not have to join their server if you don't like it. Testing a 50-port server requires 50 players, and the only way to do this is to make it public, thus ensuring 50 players all the time. Which bit of the word 'test' do you not understand?

Upvote 0

How many admins does TWB have? You mean to tell me that at least one of them couldn't get on once in a while. I haven't seen a single admin on there and I've played countless hours on the server. It's pretty much anything goes and nobody gives a rat's a**.

Three issues:

1) This server needs to be admined during prime play hours OR turn on vote kicking. The amount of VoIP spamming is ridiculous and it is totally ruining any play on this server. It is sad that every other spawn you have to 'ban' players from your VoIP. Either admin the thing or allow kicking. Below are three of the many who were out of control tonight, and I was on 'Kessel' for only half a round. Several of the oh-so-Elite [2ndPnZ] were doing the same thing...I'd say ban the lot of them

What is Prime Time ? When the server is running at Full Capacity 24/7.

I see you made your posts at : 02.32am. 04.08am. 04.12am. 04.17am. GMT

Where are you now ? In bed I guess. :eek:

Upvote 0
Hello

I have been playing on this server for a few days now I on the whole enjoying it.

On most maps there seems to be a lack of spawn points and I have had to wait some time for a respawn. I personally seem to get the spawn count down but upon it reaching 0 I don’t spawn the timer disappears then it takes me another 20s on average to get back into the game.

Also on the topic of spawning has any one else spawned ok but with out weapons. Iv had it happen twice. I does not seem to be limited to a specific map. Mine happened on Stalingrad Kessel.

Some maps need to have the balance looked at. Such as the map were the Russians have to assault the large trench system. Don’t remember the name. 20 PPSh gunners charging through the trench system are almost unstoppable by the 20 German riflemen. It does not make a very enjoyable game experience.

[FONT=&quot]Don’t know if this has been mentioned before as I have not went through the 13 pages of this thread but perhaps modding some of the maps to make separate 50-64 player specific maps. [/FONT]

Upvote 0
Firstly thanks for you input PrimeEvil as you can apprciate the TWB serever is a test server and all input good or bad is welcome.

Votekicking is enabled and checking through the logs there were no successful votekicks placed on the server last night.
Please remember that the server is set to default settings and as such you will need a 51% vote to successfully win your vote.

We will discuss lowering the setting with the TWI and our Admins bearing in mind the larger numbers playing on the server.
Unfortunately the server does attract some very unsavoury people and we do ask that players report instances of Voip abuse or delibetare T'Killing that they feel warrant it.

(1)How many admins does TWB have? You mean to tell me that at least one of them couldn't get on once in a while. (2)I haven't seen a single admin on there and I've played countless hours on the server. (3)It's pretty much anything goes and nobody gives a rat's a**.

1. We have enough thank you and they are on regularly.
2. We can find no record of your "countless Hours" on our server in fact I can't find your tag in the log at all?
3. Sorry but that's not the case we take our part in this testing very seriously as I am sure TWI will confirm.

Yes the server is set to stock settings and the only changes that have been made are those made by TWI.
The only thing TWB have added is the serverAdsSE mutator which is rotating server rules.
Again Please remember this is a TEST server and as such some maps may have problems with the new code this is all part of TESTING and will help TWI discover what works as what does not.

Three issues:

1) This server needs to be admined during prime play hours OR turn on vote kicking. The amount of VoIP spamming is ridiculous and it is totally ruining any play on this server. It is sad that every other spawn you have to 'ban' players from your VoIP. Either admin the thing or allow kicking. Below are three of the many who were out of control tonight, and I was on 'Kessel' for only half a round. Several of the oh-so-Elite [2ndPnZ] were doing the same thing...I'd say ban the lot of them.

spammers.jpg

2) Please remove TractorWorks immediately. I played two entirely pointless rounds on it tonight. There are MAJOR bugs that seem to be created by the server or player count. The foremost issue is the third German spawn does not activate. EVER. Through two rounds. I then loaded the map file from /cache into the editor, and played it. The spawns WORK as they are programmed. I wonder if there is a spawn issue with the new code that it won't use them due to there being too few??? I have no idea, but until I can send Butch an updated file, this one is a waste of time if it does not work properly.

The second concern is the newly apparent T34X that seems to know exactly how to disable the Stug engine on 90% of it's first shots, while enduring countless Stug rounds. Very weird. Pings were in the 120s for most of us and the map was very playable. I have never seen the T34 be so dominant. Probably more frustration venting, but just posing questions about the code keeping up with all the activity on 'busier' maps.

3) AT Guns that respawn... over and over again. WTF is that about? I checked the map file in the editor, EVERY gun is set for only one spawn. Yet in the server, they are respawning like good Irish Catholics. (I'm a bad German Catholic so back off).

Something needs to be looked at here because there are some nasty, game/map breaking anomalies going on.

Many thanks Slyk
We will discuss with TWI about removing Tractor Works but they may want to reproduce these anomalies in game with a full server to see why the map is responding in such a way.
The 3 players you have posted will be added to our "BAN ONSIGHT" list and our Admims will ban them if they should re-appear.

The Voip spamming is a problem at times and as you can appreciate unless an Admin is on the same side or told onscreen they are unaware of it going on.
We encourage all players to make an Admin aware of this annoying trait by typing ONSCREEN if it happens repeatedly.

The server upto date has had some 3,200 unique players join the server the last 6 days and Twice as many repeat visits with many players spending in excess of 20 hrs on the server in that time.

So in all some 11,000 players appx have played on the server in 6 days.
It is gratifying to have so small amount of complaints which number so far below appx 20.

I think that speaks volumes more in itself about the Admin of the TWB server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0