Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Vortex

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 24, 2006
I use this nick in just every game i play.
Just took it from Vortex Rikers (the spaceship's name of unreal I)
But i remember there was another vortex playing Red Orchestra (but i think it was in the mod)

Spiffinz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 26, 2006
I used to always use Wuggles back in the day when I used to play on Xbox Live a lot, then one day I picked up Call of Duty and decided that I wanted a new name.. something... Britishy..

So I came up with Spiffinz. Its kind of a play off the word spiffing, which means spiffy and all that.

Billy Bob Joe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 20, 2006
Canberra, Australia
I go by "BillyBobJoe[TT]". I got it, what, 6 years ago when some guy I knew at school started going on about "King Billy Bob Joe Isaac the Third". I shortened it down to "Billy Bob Joe" and now I use it for everything. I now have an obsession/fetish with zeppelins (see below >_>), but I don't think it can take over "Billy Bob Joe" now that I use it for every multiplayer game (and every forum too).

trench

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
I go by "BillyBobJoe[TT]". I got it, what, 6 years ago when some guy I knew at school started going on about "King Billy Bob Joe Isaac the Third". I shortened it down to "Billy Bob Joe" and now I use it for everything. I now have an obsession/fetish with zeppelins (see below >_>), but I don't think it can take over "Billy Bob Joe" now that I use it for every multiplayer game (and every forum too).

My kids named the pitbull Billy Bob Joe - good name.

I have no reason for my name.

Wolfstuka

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2006
U.S.A.
Well I like wolves and I like the German stuka dive bomber so I just combined the two. It actually seems like a real name now instead of just two words put together, to me atleast.:eek::p

Reise

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 1, 2006
Maine, US
Rammstein's album "Reise, Reise" even though the word Reise by itself has nothing to do with anything (Means something like journey/vacation/trip/etc. in German).

Jamail

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 4, 2006
Space City, Texas
www.geocities.com
About a kajillion years ago (~1988) I was playing a lot of Napoleonic Miniatures. One campaign I got tasked with pushing the Spanish and Portuguese around the maps. The other players started calling me "Jamail" instead of "James" ("Jaime" was also used, but it didn't stick).

Later, when WarBirds switched from four-letter callsigns to six-letter, I decided to resuscitate the handle.

[3.SA]Shchekurov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 29, 2007
Trashcanistan
Павел Щекуров
Pavel Schekurov was/is a real colonel in the Russian Spetsnaz, whom I worked with a few years back. Fought in Afghanistan and Chechnya. Wounded twice and awarded both the Soviet and Russian Order of Valor.
Hard Mofo. Hard as woodpecker lips. Great guy.
I could think of no better person to embody a true Voin Rodini.

He became my online gaming alter ego. He got a good laugh out of it when I told him.

JudgeMental

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 17, 2006
UK
www.icm-clan.com
Back in the dim and distant days I was always Elfric and intended to keep that name. Then came the almost inevitable (though I didn't know it at the time) leaving my former clan. I couldn't keep Elfric as it had too many memories. In =IcM= when we formed we decided (LOL Winters decided) that instead of ranks and their inherent silliness ( you're a colonel and there are only 20 people in the clan!!!) we should all have the title Judge. Personally I think he'd seen the film Judge Dredd too many times.
Several names were tried: Judge.Judy, Judge.Mentday but Judge.Mental stuck. If you look up the meaning of judgemental in the dictionary it pretty much sums me up.....so I'm told :)

kapulA

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
Croatia
Back in the day when I was only playing LAN with a group of friends,I was struggling to find a nick name,so I just chose kapula(with a capsed A,for looks :) ).And from there,it just stuck.
As for the meaning,it means onion in Croatian.