• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

COOL SHADOW

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 2, 2006
the Home of the Heroes!
COOL is my nick since my teenage days...

look at the pic and judge yourself why:

yea, diz is me on my thrusty BMW.

In the mod-days I was also known as cool shadow (long ago).

Last edited:

Vasili_Tyorkin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 21, 2006
Cascadia
Vasili_Tyorkin is a fictional character from a WW2 poem by Aleksandr Tvardovsky. But I am thinking of changing it to Ivan Chonkin, as he fits my playing style better.

Munkie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 17, 2006
usa
Munk is a shortened version of my real first name. Munkh in Mongolian means 'eternal' or 'everlasting.'
You might see me playing with Americanized variations such as [-I-]Munky, [-I-]Munkie, [-I-]Munkster.

Sometimes, but rarely, I use [-I-]Polkadot which refers to the polka dot jersey of the Tour de France. I used to bike a lot. My small, light build (5' 4" and 125 lbs) allows me to climb with steep hills relatively easily, often outclimbing stronger, experienced bikers. Plus, climbing huge mountains and dropping everyone else like rocks is just badass.

Pyros777

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Houston, TX
www.13thpanzerdivision.com
Oddly enough this nick is from my dad. Its what he used back in the Quake 1 days. He stopped playing games because his job took up to much of his time (obviously in the IT filed, in case you wondered :p). When I started playing games, he suggested it to me. I haven't used any other nick in years.
I am DEFINITELY making my son carry on the Pyros777 legacy. lol sounds like you have an awesome dad.

I created my name back when I was playing Ultima VIII. The titan of fire is named Pyros. The 777 is not "your lucky day", "jackpot", or "one greater than 666" like some people tend to mention. No, its just that I used this name to sign up on yahoo, and Pyros was taken, Pyros7 was taken, Pyros77 was taken, until finally Pyros777 was free. I took it, played some TFC with it, and it stuck ever since then. Wow, my online alias is almost 10 years old. :eek:

Tak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 10, 2006
East Coast, USA
Started as 'Talhallen' years ago online, someone made a typo and it came out 'Takhakken', and the 'Tak' part stuck instead of 'Tal'. This was uh...98? 99? Whatever the year EverQuest came out was?

mcvittees

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2006
McVittees

McVittees make my favourite biscuit - a chocolate Hob Nob, and I thought it would be a memourable name. :D

SiC-Disaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
a combination of (SiC) and Disasterpiece, 2 songs by slipknot :p SiC-Disaster ( since the entire word wouldnt fit ;))
also it has been cut down to SiC when i was in a clan, because the nick would fit even less.

Drecks

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 26, 2005
The Netherlands
Medal of Honor was my first online game.
People who played that must remember the German taunt

"Das war Drecksarbeit"

So i picked up the name Drecks. And when i had a kill I could
shout "Das war Drecksarbeit" Like that was the work of Drecks.
While in fact Dreck means dirt or trash.

BuD_GrimReaper

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 9, 2007
Grim_Reaper was given to me by my peers in the game Soldiers of Fortune 2. I didn't even know what it meant untill i looked it up and then decided to change my nick into that.

My previous nick was Ash, like burned stuff, but people kept thinking it was that pokemon character so i was glad people gave me a new nick ^^

radix

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Germany
radix - it's a nick wich I'm using it since around '93-'94 when the irc was just at the beginings. (linux 0.* + lynx + irc : text mode ftw!)

for a period of time I used e><humator as nick in ut2k4. radix was just too boring for the ut gameplay :)

2M|Bivoj

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2006
Bivoj is a hero from Bohemian mythology and also a character in a performance called Girl's war I played in.

Murphy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Medal of Honor was my first online game.
People who played that must remember the German taunt

"Das war Drecksarbeit"

So i picked up the name Drecks. And when i had a kill I could
shout "Das war Drecksarbeit" Like that was the work of Drecks.
While in fact Dreck means dirt or trash.
Muahaha!:D