• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

Song by the Beastie Boys, always been a favorite.
Great video too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPuKrf_aOow

'Just three MCs on the go - Shadrach, Mesach, Abadnego!'

A biblical reference as well... sometimes people get that and not the Beasties song lol :).

Had it since playing Halflife on LAN around 97-98 I think.

Oh. Your nick afterall wasn

Upvote 0
I go by "BillyBobJoe[TT]". I got it, what, 6 years ago when some guy I knew at school started going on about "King Billy Bob Joe Isaac the Third". I shortened it down to "Billy Bob Joe" and now I use it for everything. I now have an obsession/fetish with zeppelins (see below >_>), but I don't think it can take over "Billy Bob Joe" now that I use it for every multiplayer game (and every forum too).

Upvote 0
I go by "BillyBobJoe[TT]". I got it, what, 6 years ago when some guy I knew at school started going on about "King Billy Bob Joe Isaac the Third". I shortened it down to "Billy Bob Joe" and now I use it for everything. I now have an obsession/fetish with zeppelins (see below >_>), but I don't think it can take over "Billy Bob Joe" now that I use it for every multiplayer game (and every forum too).

My kids named the pitbull Billy Bob Joe - good name.

I have no reason for my name.

Upvote 0
About a kajillion years ago (~1988) I was playing a lot of Napoleonic Miniatures. One campaign I got tasked with pushing the Spanish and Portuguese around the maps. The other players started calling me "Jamail" instead of "James" ("Jaime" was also used, but it didn't stick).

Later, when WarBirds switched from four-letter callsigns to six-letter, I decided to resuscitate the handle.

Upvote 0
Павел Щекуров
Pavel Schekurov was/is a real colonel in the Russian Spetsnaz, whom I worked with a few years back. Fought in Afghanistan and Chechnya. Wounded twice and awarded both the Soviet and Russian Order of Valor.
Hard Mofo. Hard as woodpecker lips. Great guy.
I could think of no better person to embody a true Voin Rodini.

He became my online gaming alter ego. He got a good laugh out of it when I told him.

Upvote 0
Back in the dim and distant days I was always Elfric and intended to keep that name. Then came the almost inevitable (though I didn't know it at the time) leaving my former clan. I couldn't keep Elfric as it had too many memories. In =IcM= when we formed we decided (LOL Winters decided) that instead of ranks and their inherent silliness ( you're a colonel and there are only 20 people in the clan!!!) we should all have the title Judge. Personally I think he'd seen the film Judge Dredd too many times.
Several names were tried: Judge.Judy, Judge.Mentday but Judge.Mental stuck. If you look up the meaning of judgemental in the dictionary it pretty much sums me up.....so I'm told :)

Upvote 0