• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

Jokerman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 18, 2006
Lots of curious names we see on the battlefield.
This is the place to reveal their origins and/or meaning.

(ROplayer bs jokes restricted)

Cordite

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 7, 2006
UK
Cordite[TT]

I got the name Cordite from the movie Collateral...it was the first time I had ever heard the word but I thought it sounded pretty cool, plus it had something to do with guns so I just went with it.

Blaz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Joined the 3rd Panzer Division clan back in the DOD days, since it was a german outfit I looked for a german name. I found Blaz. which means Unwavering protector, suited me fine being that I was the oldest of the clan...:)

Cheers.

blkmgc

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 24, 2006
Have been using this handle since the early to mid 90's in flight sims...back on my trusty PII 450, and $2/hour. :)

Guess it stuck all this time. I use it in evrey sim that I play.

Byte Me

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 9, 2006
Virginia, USA
Oddly enough this nick is from my dad. Its what he used back in the Quake 1 days. He stopped playing games because his job took up to much of his time (obviously in the IT filed, in case you wondered :p). When I started playing games, he suggested it to me. I haven't used any other nick in years.

Perlovka

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 17, 2007
Perlovka means rice in Russian, I think.

It's on this one shirt I own that has random words in foreign languages, I thought it sounded/looked cool.

Plus I like to play the Soviets more than the Germans so I picked it.

O'Shannon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 18, 2006
Germany
O'Shannon: picked from King of Queens. Athur Spooner is some times speaking about O'Shannon, his kamerad in WWII battle.

"I fought in a battle with an Irishman. His name was O'Shannon.
So when he got his nose shot right off his face,he choked to death
on his own blood, screaming for his mother.
But 'Oh, we saved your precious Europe!' ." athur spooner, KoQ

DONT_SHOOT

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2005
I use this name becuase of games like bf2 and the red name bug. After that i kept it around to help curb tk's on me and to make enemies stop for a second while i aim. It works ok in other games but the players in RO dont seem to fall for it.

[Mad_Murdock]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 28, 2006
Well, as some may have already guessed mine comes from H.M. Murdock, the crazy pilot from the A-Team. I actually originally picked it up from that Family Guy episode, and then figured i'm kinda crazy, and i like planes, besides, it sounds cool, so it stuck.

(that was like 2 years ago, i think its permanent)

slyder73

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 3, 2006
Vancouver
I've used Slyder73 and Slyder in general all the way back to my first 1200 baud modem, where you had to put the phone on the modem reciever! It was my nick when leaving messages on public bulletin boards on the internet was a completely new and breathtaking thing.

I can't even remember where I got the name Slyder from....been using it forever.

HobbStweedle

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 30, 2006
my name on the forums was Robert plants band before he joined led zep.

and my name in game (now ekoms) is just smoke backwards, though i use the "e" with the dots over it. i dont know what its called but i think it makes you pronounce it "eekoms" instead of "eckoms." if that makes any sense at all...

Rak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
D
I picked it to annoy some stupid people, it became my nick then. I'm using the short version though :)

King Ragnar

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
Newcastle, UK
Got mine from a king on MTW: VI, he was like the best king i ever had full command stars cool dread cool piety, so i though why not name myself in his honour lol...

Deeival

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2006
Back in grade 10 in religion class in Germany I took two names form the bible name index, stuck them together and "Deeival" was born

Murphy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Murphy in every game I play. Pvt_Murphy if Murphy is used.

Murphy's Law(s). McMurphy in "One flew over the cuckoos nest". A very dubious dive bar called "Murphy's Pub" on my way to school.

Plus it fits into every game you could think of. It fits in a contemporary shooter, it fits in a medieval fantasy rpg, it fits in a sci-fi shooter/rpg, it fits in a (rally) racing game and as soon as one of the excellent western front mods for RO are released it will fit in there too (it ****s in vanilla RO admittedly)...:)

Last edited: