• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Welcome to the RO: Heroes of Stalingrad Forums

they were probly all supermodels before this bloody war...now look what its gone and done to them lol

There's noticable diffrence between worn out, tired face and a face that looks like plastic surgery had gone wrong.

Besides those odd looking german faces, I wonder what's up visuals where every object seems to be polished and chromed 24h\7, especially those helmets :p

Upvote 0
Everyone likes to blow $hit up so the coolest improvement would be destructible environments.

Hopefully, they can implement some of the UE3 features from the GoW2 tech demo. That requires a lot of play testing though.

Scenario - the Apartment building objective has become a pile of rubbers - how do you go about capturing it ...by standing on top of the rubble or trying to hide behind a rock while the support classes pick you off? It would tip the balance in favor of the attacking side on infantry maps.

Upvote 0
I think a modern warfare game would be a bad idea considering COD: Modern Warfare 2, ARMA II, Operation Flashpoint, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 (which is rumored to be modern warfare once again) are all on the horizon. Korea or Vietnam would be interesting, but you cannot go wrong with World War Two. I have not seen anything on the horizon in regards to new WW2 FPS games, so RO2 will be the place to go.

Well Battlefield 1943 is coming out so there is your other WWII FPS you missed. Check out the trailer it's awesome. Of course it's only like 3 maps and only for 24 players but remember you can fly and it now uses their new Frost Bite Engine which has total destructible environments.

Upvote 0
Come one who hasent played BF1942 ? its only a remake to make a quick buck..dosent count.

Yes same game new engine, sound familiar???

Oh and it's a year later 1943, just think they can just keep moving the date up one year until they exhaust them, they have two more games they can make...:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Designed for consoles huh? How will they translate the number of keys needed for RO on PC to a number available on a gamepad? Most gamepads have 8-10 buttons. I use around 25 or so keys on my PC for RO. It will be interesting, either a lot of commands will have to go or they wll have to design some new kind of hud/gui system i.e. one where you select an action out of a list/menu to be performed.

Upvote 0
is not about the buttons only, is mostly about precision when aiming, can you imagine trying to hit something at 200m with a bolt action using a controler?

This too, aiming with an analog stick is pretty dificult, whihc is why most console games have some form of "auto-aim" or "target lock". This would be compounded if you are trying to move and direct your gunfire, e.g. with a SMG, at the same time.

Upvote 0
Where does it say this is going to be for consoles as well?

It was stated a long time ago about their newest titles possibly being done for consoles as well as PC because of the revenue.

I use around 25 or so keys on my PC for RO
I use my mouse for just about everything. I use no more than 6 keys on my keyboard and 3 of them are for voice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use my middle mouse button to move forward and to switch weapons by scrolling. Everything else is on the mouse, fire, reload, use, iron site. I actually do 90% of my play with a single finger believe it or not. I only EVER play with a bolt action unless it's a tank map.

I don't need to check the map I know them off by heart and besides I'm always in the zones so no need - if it's a new map I only need to play it once and I know the routes to them off by heart - it's all about situational awareness...

I'll know when reinforcments are out when I can't spawn anymore.

Crtl and Shift and (Insert or 0 on the numpad) are the only other 3 keyboard I use - for run=shift and crouch=ctrl and prone=numpad 0. Sure there are the default keys that are set but I don't need them or use them.

I don't jump or dive, this game is not for bunny hopping and no I don't melee, if you get that close then you got me unless a hip shot gets ya first.

A lot of what you mentioned are default keys they are set but I don't need or use them to play the game.

Not only that COD is on consoles and has just as many functions or more than RO does and most of what keys are in RO are never used at least by me anyway.

Most controllers for consoles have about 14 buttons total then you have combos which then takes that up to like 56 keys per say, simple math. (4) regular buttons, start, pause, that's (2), (4) way D-pad this can be (8) if you use angles, then you have (2) sticks that you can press then you have (4) buttons on top, so there may be a total of say 64 keys... Who the hell needs that???

Last edited:
Upvote 0