• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "Stop Online Piracy Act".

I can correct you on that.

The Witcher 2 had DRM the first two weeks. I preordered the physical edition, and it made me install the securom BS and do a lot of crap, and it did impact the performance of the game greatly, so I downloaded a crack for my original game to make it run better until they patched it out. I really don't think that counts as piracy as I bought the product myself, but It may have counted towards the piracy statistics.

I think most/all would forgive you since you paid for it. You just did your best to make it run better on your system. To me that is a big difference from pirating the game.

Upvote 0
If the game is 14Gb, the demo is probably 6Gb, look at Shogun 2.

But you do have a point in trying things first before buying should be a right.

In most stores, you can ask for a refund on your product if you are not satisfied. Steam should implement a system in which during a period of time after the purchase, you can easily ask for the deactivation of the game and a refund of your money, just like any other product.

If not, it should be a trial time of, lets say 30 minutes to 3 hours (depending on the game) for games that don't have demos.

That way you completely eliminate the "trial pirates", separate the legitimate ones, from the BS ones.

wow. thanks for sharing! :D NO MORE GODDAM PIRACY DOWNLOADS :D <3 <3 <3 I might just rent some few stuff over there instead, to support those noobies! I use hours upon hours of my spare time downloading anyways :D hope they have some pretty darn neat Turn-based games :D <3 last remnant :D

well now I dont care about sopa :p they can have their piratebay :p but that would be the only thing tho :D

Upvote 0
OK I stand corrected then. Doesn't change anything about my point though.

Never said it invalidated your point, just wanted to point out that detail.

wow. thanks for sharing! :D NO MORE GODDAM PIRACY DOWNLOADS :D <3 <3 <3 I might just rent some few stuff over there instead, to support those noobies! I use hours upon hours of my spare time downloading anyways :D hope they have some pretty darn neat Turn-based games :D <3 last remnant :D

well now I dont care about sopa :p they can have their piratebay :p but that would be the only thing tho :D

Not sure if Onlive is available in your country though.

Upvote 0
Not sure if Onlive is available in your country though.

no its not. but I just rerouted my ip through another server I have and it ****ing works :p the graphic is a bit worse then on your youtube clip u showed, and it flimmers for 2secs every 4th minute. but hey I save like tons of hours downloading **** for just trying something for 30mins anyways :D

Upvote 0
internet-memes-sopa-memes-left-and-right.jpg

Upvote 0
Is it considered piracy downloading shows, books and films I don't have available in my country? I downloaded the entire Lost series through Megaupload because I didn't feel like waiting a year to watch it on a local TV station. I downloaded Osvobozhdenie and Brest Fortress because I couldn't find them anywhere in my country, only on foreign websites for a ridiculously high price because of the import taxes and freight (I'm not willing to pay 100 dollars on a single movie and I only rent movies).

Before Steam started to sell non-Valve games, some games were really hard to find on local stores, especially from indie companies (I've never seen RO or RO2 on a store and the few game stores are focused on consoles). Only now in the past 3 or 4 years you can buy all kinds of games in Southern Brazil for a reasonable price because of the many digital stores. We still haven't got any kind of Gamestop store with many different titles, only from the biggest companies, and few games cost less than 50 dollars even years after release for PC (PS3 games usually cost about 130 dollars on launch, so gaming out of Europe and North America is a lot more expensive).

I still do "trial piracy" (like Fed said), sometimes. If the game has no demo available, I download it and play it to see if I like it or not (I don't know of any local or digital store that accepts refunds for disliking the game, it's only for technical issues AFAIK and I simply don't trust reviews). Sometimes I download a pirate copy of a game because I have no money at the moment or some other reason, but I buy it eventually (usually at the end of the month), like I did with many games such as Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2 and Mafia (until I found out about pre-ordering games on Steam). I also don't know of any place I can rent games in my city, only films. In North America and Europe it's easy to see things in black and white regarding piracy, but in the rest of the world is not that simple.

Upvote 0
I pirate songs that i like because i like them.

Later on i then buy the album because i finally have the money and i want to support the artist.

However JB-HiFi haven't yet taken my money for certain orders on certain bands.

So i guess my pirated songs will have to do, seeing as i can't buy the actual album.

Isn't it strange when i can pirate songs, but i can't actually buy the album physically like i want?

Upvote 0
I pirate songs that i like because i like them.

Later on i then buy the album because i finally have the money and i want to support the artist.

However JB-HiFi haven't yet taken my money for certain orders on certain bands.

So i guess my pirated songs will have to do, seeing as i can't buy the actual album.

Isn't it strange when i can pirate songs, but i can't actually buy the album physically like i want?

lol kinda reminds me why I have downloaded tons of old retail games :/ its just not possible to get your hands on one copy! but happily there are some few games now being republished as a digital copy!

Upvote 0
lol kinda reminds me why I have downloaded tons of old retail games :/ its just not possible to get your hands on one copy! but happily there are some few games now being republished as a digital copy!

That's why I buy old games from GoG and Steam. As I kid I didn't have access to get the original discs (physical games are not common here), so I buy them today as a retribution, even if I'll never play them again.

Upvote 0