• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "Stop Online Piracy Act".

407590_1795019970787_1698356606_855869_532707905_n.jpg

And who said we didn't live in a corporate world....

Edit: Also, here the redirect you get when you go on to megaupload
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
407590_1795019970787_1698356606_855869_532707905_n.jpg

And who said we didn't live in a corporate world....

Possible, but very misleading because he hasn't been to trial and sentenced. Might be found innocent or get a light sentence. And two, with the murderer, he should have been sentenced to death if found guilty especially if found guilty with DNA evidence these days.

Kim Schmitz or whatever he named himself could very well be guilty of the crimes he is being charged with and if he is, he shouldn't be treated as some poor (yeah right$$$) hero being oppressed by the government.

But that's a post to be expected from somebody who admits he supports pirating :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
dont get me wrong i cant stand any of this legislation.. it's just a little ironic, ive had topics closed for this very reason, political discussion. i actually think they should abolish the rule, but, it's there.. for you to remember when you've been flagged for it..
I think it's pretty obvious that this is an exception to the rule due to the possible ramifications of bills like these passing and the effects they would have on the internet as a whole.

Upvote 0
Political debates are not allowed on this forum because, quite frankly, if you've ever seen one on a forum, then you know they are just flamefests, they never go anywhere or convinces anyone of anything, it's just 32+ pages of Left calling Right "smegheads!", and the Right saying "no you're the smegheads!" to the Left.
That is allways what it boils down to, and it can tear communities appart for no good reason, so i don't really blame the mods here for not wanting that here.

This thread has not degenerated into that, and mostly just serves to make people aware of something that's going on, and thus, that's probably why it hasen't been targeted by the mods, it hasen't gone sour like they usually do.

Upvote 0
I don't think this is a purely political problem. It's more moral than anything. You have both some Dems and GOP'ers for and against the program. All I can say, as a Libertarian, this is what happens when you have a crony-capitalist society, and a corrupt government.

P.S. It's been a very, very long time since I've been on the forums! It's nice to talk to you guys again!

Last edited:
Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0