• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Shiver :: Final Release

I still havent been able to find a server with this shiver. SOunds interesting though. As for the firebug being able to disable the shivers teleporting ability when burning, I could go for that, afterall, its focused on being on fire, rather than teleporting anywhere else

Thanks for the new feed back guys, keep it coming, once again, our server WPC 3 is running with the Shiver if you want to see it in action but it isn't the best server for a basis for balancing.

Upvote 0
I still havent been able to find a server with this shiver. SOunds interesting though. As for the firebug being able to disable the shivers teleporting ability when burning, I could go for that, afterall, its focused on being on fire, rather than teleporting anywhere else

"scrn.no-ip.org" server has voting option for Shiver. But it's in Europe, so US players will have >200 ping on it.

Upvote 0
Oh, there is the problem, why there are so many Shiver. Yesterday on Biohazard MutKillMessage mutator showed me +11 Shiver kills (!) and it was only wave 2 or 3 of 4-player HoE game! Sometimes you can get 4-5 Shivers teleported around you, which leads to instant death. Thank you for the info. Can I get your version of Shiver to install on my server please?
PM me or something to remind me to compile up mine for you as it's embedded into my custom ServerPerks at the moment (was easier to maintain as I didn't need all these files to have spread around if not being changed) and also to get them properly working for achievements/perks if I ever implement some. I might aswel give you his brother too (green reskin who spawns with Scrakes - double damage, 650 health as that'll be double standard, double teleport distance and faster movement speed but spawns much less). Together, they own and not anywhere as frequent. If anyone would like to try them out, try it here:
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/86.25.61.138:7713/

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I can't get this mutator to work. I'm using the latest version. The mutator just doesn't show up on the in-game mutator list, sole, listen/dedicated (in-game) servers. I am sure that I've installed the the files correctly.

How can this be? Anything I can try to fix it? The Brute works fine, btw.

Edit:

I fixed it by compiling 'MutAddShivers.uc' from the v14 source code. The MutAddShivers.ucl in the offical v14 seem to be missing from the download.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't get this mutator to work. I'm using the latest version. The mutator just doesn't show up on the in-game mutator list, sole, listen/dedicated (in-game) servers. I am sure that I've installed the the files correctly.

How can this be? Anything I can try to fix it? The Brute works fine, btw.

Edit:

I fixed it by compiling 'MutAddShivers.uc' from the v14 source code. The MutAddShivers.ucl in the offical v14 seem to be missing from the download.

How the fix is done? I'm also experiencing the problem, shiver mutator just don't show up in the web admin mutators selection screen.

It would better if the original download is added with the missing ucl file, now the mutator does not work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How the fix is done? I'm also experiencing the problem, shiver mutator just don't show up in the web admin mutators selection screen.

It would better if the original download is added with the missing ucl file, now the mutator does not work.

That's is easy to do. Just download the SDK, make a folder named 'MutAddShivers' in the root of KillingFloor then add a 'classes' subfolder to it. Extract the missing part of the source code to it. Add 'EditPackages=MutAddShivers' to the list in KillingFloor.ini. Nowopen cmd and change the location to the 'system' folder in KillingFloor. Type: 'ucc make' in cmd. Now it'll compile the part of the source that's missing.

Els,e just look up compling with the SDK on google.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's is easy to do. Just download the SDK, make a folder named 'MutAddShivers' in the root of KillingFloor then add a 'classes' subfolder to it. Extract the missing part of the source code to it. Add 'EditPackages=MutAddShivers' to the list in KillingFloor.ini. Nowopen cmd and change the location to the 'system' folder in KillingFloor. Type: 'ucc make' in cmd. Now it'll compile the part of the source that's missing.

Els,e just look up compling with the SDK on google.

Don't do this. As you risk causing version mismatches. Christ guys, how many times must it be said?

Upvote 0
Don't do this. As you risk causing version mismatches. Christ guys, how many times must it be said?
Gartley, maybe any chance you trying my version of the Shiver and seeing Shiver's Brother just to see how I see the zed to be? I think the Shiver has massive potential and maybe getting someone like you would help get it towards whitelisting atleast.

Upvote 0
How to install :

Add "MutAddShivers.MutAddShivers" to the mutator line in your server and activate it after the restart in the voting handler. The shiver should now spawn on wave 2 (10 wave based game).

For example :

GameConfig=(GameClass="KFMod.KFGameType",Prefix="KF",Acronym="AB",GameName="Add brutes",Mutators="ServerPerksV4.ServerPerksMut,MutVisibleSpecsB.MutVisSpecs,KFNadeWarn.MutNadeWarn,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,KFARGChat.KFARGChat,Doom3KFBeta4.Doom3Mutator,KFCustomShopMutV2.KFCustomShopMutB,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,KFMarineMut.KFMarines_Mut,Bastard.MutAddBastard,Fatale.MutAddFatale,HellFire.MutAddHellFire,KFBruteMut.KFBruteMut,KFJasonMut.KFJasonMut,MutAddShivers.MutAddShivers",Options=)
Bottom part is example of the Mapvote.ini. Needs to be put there (if you alter mapvote settings) and command line.

Upvote 0
Uh, is it just me, or is the link down? I recently got ScrnBalance and ServerPerks to play nice on my server, and I was going to pick up the Brute and Shiver and try that out, but I can't seem to be able to get the Shiver.
Yeah, Hemi said that he was going to put down everything he made.
Hemi said:
Hello all,

To avoid questions or other endless threads. I have quit modding for KF. That means further development on all my mods is hereby done, and no longer continued.(my work on them anyway)

This means :

Quote:
- DeadSpace mod
- PlasmaCutter
- Moss 12
- the Shiver
- the Brute
- the Maul
- RPG mod
- the HellFire
- the Fatale
- the GoreShank
- the Shafter
- the Bastard
- M41A
- Jurassic Park Mod

Mods will be taken down in a month's time. I thank you all, I had a great time making and testing them with you all. You are all the love of my life, besides snooze offcourse, and I will never forget what this community did for all the mods we've made. I will help Whis were he needs it with the Aliens mod, but I don't think there is allot of work for me in it anymore.

If someone wants to continue them, please make a little reference towards me...its all I ask hehe.

Goodbye KF, you've been good to the WPC.
All specimens besides The Brute (since its Whitelisted and the most popular i guess), Dead Space mod, & Moss12 (again whitelisted) stayed.

Upvote 0