• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leveling with bots should be forbidden !

Just played a couple of 32player matches that were about 50% bots. The presence of bots made the gameplay quite fun as there was rushes of dumb soldiers running around while the players were elite opponents.
Really enjoyed how gameplay feels with mixed adversaries actually. It was pure fun. Also, the bots were hero-difficulty which still meant they rack up quite a lot of kills too.

Upvote 0
agree, found bots to be more fun that human servers now. considering the amount of players playing has dramatically fallen and a stat rest this has made bot servers the obvious choice.

Just played a couple of 32player matches that were about 50% bots. The presence of bots made the gameplay quite fun as there was rushes of dumb soldiers running around while the players were elite opponents.
Really enjoyed how gameplay feels with mixed adversaries actually. It was pure fun. Also, the bots were hero-difficulty which still meant they rack up quite a lot of kills too.

Upvote 0
The thing about unlocks is that you're intentionally taking away items from the player only to inevitably give them back to them after a short period of time anyway. So personally, I don't give a damn if people want to farm bots. I think unlocks are a stupid idea anyway.

Regardless, the amount of good servers and amount of players as dropped so low that simply finding a server with real people is becoming quite difficult. So bots are really the only way to actually have a chance at getting unlocks.

Upvote 0
On our server I have bots (Hero difficulty bots) enabled to keep the server at a minimum player count of 5 v 5.

I'm not sure if switching the "game difficulty" to HERO has made that big of a difference but I swear the bots are wallhacking and aimbotting now so farming on our server is not very possible. :D

Yeah , bots with Hero difficulty are a little hard to kill , the have perfect aim ... you all can try it on SP camping . I think that bots should only give points when in They are in "Hero mode" .

Upvote 0
Was just playing on the TWI forums game night server with bots. Leveled up the mg34 twice.

Then got kicked for Tking because the ai thought it would be a good idea to constantly mob the window I was deployed on. Since bullets do not come out of the MG, but out of the players face, when the AI clips through you, they get killed even if they aren't in front of the gun. (this is one reason why we need player collision!)

Upvote 0
Yeah , bots with Hero difficulty are a little hard to kill , the have perfect aim ... you all can try it on SP camping . I think that bots should only give points when in They are in "Hero mode" .
I played on a server with Hero bots. They would run around stupidly, but shoot like no one can. I was getting shot by bots who were running at me and firing from the hip... with a bolt action rifle! Their one shot would kill me. It was easier to get kills against the bots, but easier to survive a while against the humans on the server.

Upvote 0
I do not think that advanced STATS alone will make a player better than he is. Its about the weapon (stupid, IMHO) leveling-up necessity.

A better player will pwn the battlefield with an average gun over a better gun in the hands of an average player. I understand the automatic weps can be an advantage,but it doesn't keep you from being shot!

Besides the bots help fill-up a server and allows more targets.
I say WTG with BOT servers.

Upvote 0
I really don't understand why it should be forbidden when it does not affect any of you. If someone wants to spend their time leveling up their weapons as efficiently as they want, let them.

It does no harm to you, and you can choose not to play with bots, just as they choose to play with bots.

If it doesn't harm you or anyone else, there should be no reason why someone can't do it.

Upvote 0
As pointed out previously.....

In our server bots are only used to keep the server at a 5 v 5 player-minimum and they are set to HERO difficulty which makes "farming" not really possible. You (the player) may end up with 15-25 kills at the end of the round but so will some of the bots (against you the player).

After hours and hours of testing this type of config in our server we have evidence that the above type of config (keeping the numbers of bots low, and having their difficulty set to HERO) does not allow for "farming".

I believe that disabling of stat-tracking when/if bots are detected on a server would be a grave mistake and I for one would no longer play the game anymore. Who in their right mind wants to sit on their server with 1 or 2 people trying to populate? At least with bots bringing it to a 5v5 you have something to shoot at while going after the objectives.

the Monk

Upvote 0
The differance between Black Ops and RO:HoS is that in Red Orchestra leveling up is not the main feauture in the game.
If people want to chill out and play against bots with their friends and level up some pistols or somthing thats fine. Its not like there going to get a better upgrade.
Some people might be playing against bots just to level up, but seriously mates, its thier loss not experiencing the game at its fullest.

Upvote 0
The differance between Black Ops and RO:HoS is that in Red Orchestra leveling up ...
provides direct upgrades to weapons rather than side-grades, allows you to reload more quickly, have less recoil and suffer less from the effects of suppression.

How playing with a PPSh that can't hit the side of a barn door and only has 30 rounds is 'the full playing experience', I have no idea.

Upvote 0
provides direct upgrades to weapons rather than side-grades, allows you to reload more quickly, have less recoil and suffer less from the effects of suppression.

How playing with a PPSh that can't hit the side of a barn door and only has 30 rounds is 'the full playing experience', I have no idea.
You have a good point in waht your saying. :)
Btw, what I ment with "the full experience" was about teamwork, wich bots obviously lack alot of.

Upvote 0