• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leveling with bots should be forbidden !

who cares , bots / humans seriously such a minor thing to argue about. What about major things like firing one round and he loads 2 EVERY GAME, or ammo boxes not giving u any ammo so ur f"cked

Actually this is correct. You fire a round out of the rifle, and cycle the bolt. Then you click reload. When you open the bolt to put the new rounds in, the extractor does its job and extracts the round currently in the chamber. Therefore there is space for 2 more rounds, even though you fired one.

**edit**
turn on manual bolting. get a bolt action rifle. fire the weapon but DO NOT CYCLE THE BOLT. press "r". You will see that your character reloads one round.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upset? Why would I want to wave anything in your face?

I don't care if you want to level up. I don't care if anyone wants to level up.

The point is that using bots to artificially speed up the process is pathetic.

RO2 would be much better without any levelling at all.

Edit: It affects everyone who plays because we are all affected by the ridiculous levelling system, I can't beleive you needed to ask.

Aww, you certainly seem upset.

You don't care if I want to level up, but to do so using BOTs is, in your words, pathetic....and, you add,the game would be better off without levelling at all. What's your beef then?

So you still haven't said how I using bots for 1/2 an hour or so, affects you. You have no idea of my in-game persona, and as far as you know when you meet me I have earned my "upgrades" by playing real people, you have no way of knowing. You still seem aggrieved, never mind.

Upvote 0
Aww, you certainly seem upset.

You don't care if I want to level up, but to do so using BOTs is, in your words, pathetic....and, you add,the game would be better off without levelling at all. What's your beef then?

So you still haven't said how I using bots for 1/2 an hour or so, affects you. You have no idea of my in-game persona, and as far as you know when you meet me I have earned my "upgrades" by playing real people, you have no way of knowing. You still seem aggrieved, never mind.

Indeed.... the leveling up does not give players some huge magical advantage over other players..... you all still have weapons that shoot bullets and those bullets do the exact same damage to a Hero as they do to a Recruit.

Having bots on the server keeps the server populated and at least players have something to shoot at.

If people are "Bot Farming"..... what do you or anybody else care?

Play the game the way you want to play and let others do the same with the game they bought.

All of you who have issues with bots in MP might have some ground to stand on if you paid for the copy others are playing, but you didn't.... so mind your own business.

People want to ban those players on bot servers? They want to punish them somehow??

Why?

Because you think you're at an unfair advantage?

Well then we loop right back to the top of my post, where I ask what disadvantage you're put in..... where I ask what does it matter since the level ups don't give anybody any real advantage in the first place.

Again, you want to talk about people not playing the game the way it's meant to be played?

Go talk to people who play Team Fortress 2 and ask them about the players who idle or go to idle servers to rank up their stats & get unlocks..... people have been complaining about them for years now and nothing that was done to reduce them idling has ever worked..... they exist and they will remain in the game, deal with it.

If it's not people complaining about Bots, it's people complaining about Bot farming..... if it's not that, then it's people complaining about players using MKB42's..... if it's not that, it's people complaining about campers..... if it's not that, it's people complaining about run&gunners...... or people are complaining about something else others are doing with their own game they paid for.

If you don't like how others play or what they do with the game they purchased themselves, then join a clan that plays like you do and stick to their server.

Problem solved.... move on.

Upvote 0
That's not a bad idea. We have done that in other games (where there weren't bots to use) as well.

Yeah team-stacking especially by clan mates is not cool. While we don't actively do something about it (ie. kicking etc.) we do discourage it when 4 or 5 clannies join one of our servers and all try to get/stay on the same side. I think it is especially important for clans to show good faith when pubbing and even things out whenever possible that way when all 5 of them leave later one side isn't suddenly severely impacted potentially causing the server to die. Clans should be at the forefront of community effort in team balance. It is sad when that isn't the case.

Where about is your server Monk, maybe we can help each other out.
Although according to the GT banner in your sig, that server is now offline.

Upvote 0