• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leveling with bots should be forbidden !

For the third time in this thread,

Punishing those of us who are just trying to keep our servers populated is *not* the answer. Again, some of you are talking like the hours 2 or 3 of us sit in our server to populate (for the benefit to the greater community by the way) shouldn't count for squat.

Fine, you want all of us to let our servers die? Where are you whiners going to play then? Seriously.......

I'll say it again.

Our server is only populated to a 5v5 (eventhough 10v10 isn't bad either) with "hero" (aimbotting and wallhacking) bots. You can't really "farm/boost" on our server. Also, as already stated previously: any game that supports stat-tracking etc. will also by extension support farming/boosting. That is fact!

Go ahead, lobby so more until the last server closes. Then you'll have only yourselves to blame.

Upvote 0
For the third time in this thread,

Punishing those of us who are just trying to keep our servers populated is *not* the answer. Again, some of you are talking like the hours 2 or 3 of us sit in our server to populate (for the benefit to the greater community by the way) shouldn't count for squat.

Fine, you want all of us to let our servers die? Where are you whiners going to play then? Seriously.......

I'll say it again.

Our server is only populated to a 5v5 (eventhough 10v10 isn't bad either) with "hero" (aimbotting and wallhacking) bots. You can't really "farm/boost" on our server. Also, as already stated previously: any game that supports stat-tracking etc. will also by extension support farming/boosting. That is fact!

Go ahead, lobby so more until the last server closes. Then you'll have only yourselves to blame.

Since when are you being punished? Nobody is stopping you from playing. Play all you want, but you shouldn't be rewarded for dicking around in an empty server with mindless drones who get random headshots that have pathfinding equivilent to a five year old. And let it be known that just because there's stats doesn't mean it's broken as you are implying. There are plenty of games out there that AREN'T broken and have stats written all over them (TF2 being one of them ironically). Try "boosting" in that game.. they got rid of that a LONG time ago because they had the same problem server-side. They fixed that real quick.

Bots won't save your server. In the event I find a server dumped with bots and a few players, I leave. I want a real challenge, and I'll get it where the activity is. If you're having issues keeping your server full - that's on your end... nobody elses. I see plenty out there that stay full 24/7 even if the clan that runs the server isn't in there.

Upvote 0
Just look at his posting history (even just in this thread alone) and mine. I've been contributing with EXAMPLES of server configurations and how it's working. His "replies" in this and other threads are getting old to say the least.....

sex? something other than sex is sex? Really? Go ahead, run those of us with contributions to conversation out of every thread. We were getting ready to leave anyway.......

EDIT:
I'm one of many very involved server admins. I've been a server admin for every single MP FPS released since the original Rainbow Six. I don't just sit back, I test configs, I try things out, I write documents for the community, I help setup configurations even using my own VOIP to get connected with the community and lastly I don't sit quietly by while people make stupid statements like he did. If he wants to start to really contribute to the conversation so be it. Calling something (other than) "sex" he can expect exactly the type of response he got from me.

I think you need a trip to the EA or STEAM forums and you'll be content with things here relatively quickly.

Upvote 0
Since when are you being punished? Nobody is stopping you from playing. Play all you want, but you shouldn't be rewarded for dicking around in an empty server with mindless drones who get random headshots that have pathfinding equivilent to a five year old.

I didn't say we were being punished at the moment. I said this thread seems to be about causing that to happen. Playing in a server with a few clanmates isn't "dicking around in an empty server", it's attempting to get it going. Bots (at least in our server) only keep the population at 5v5 minimum until more people join.

Bots won't save your server. In the event I find a server dumped with bots and a few players, I leave. I want a real challenge, and I'll get it where the activity is. If you're having issues keeping your server full - that's on your end... nobody elses. I see plenty out there that stay full 24/7 even if the clan that runs the server isn't in there.

Yes there are a few popular servers out there with seemingly no population issues. Not all servers are run from the same location you know, which means there are absoultely people out there who will be forced to play on those "popular" servers with possibly higher ping etc. because those of us who ran servers closer to their location felt waiting for those players to join with only 1v2 in our servers wasn't worth it.

Upvote 0
I think you need a trip to the EA or STEAM forums and you'll be content with things here relatively quickly.

What in any of my replies put you under the impression that I haven't been on those forums. There probably isn't a gaming forum (at least of the FPS genre) that I haven't been on. Just because you can point out forums you believe to be worse (for whatever reason) doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement on these.

Also, you name EA and STEAM but the UBI forums aren't first on your list? :p

Upvote 0
What in any of my replies put you under the impression that I haven't been on those forums. There probably isn't a gaming forum (at least of the FPS genre) that I haven't been on. Just because you can point out forums you believe to be worse (for whatever reason) doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement on these.

Also, you name EA and STEAM but the UBI forums aren't first on your list? :p

I think the MGL and XBOX forums take UBI's problems ;)

In all seriousness, my old clan had your problem at one point. We didn't have bots to work with (in the games we played), so we compromised with other smaller clans. We helped fire up their servers, and in return - they did the same. Made friends that way, and bumped activity for both servers significantly. There's one thing I hate more than bots, and that's a server full of the same clan all on one team (or worse... both teams). It worked really well. I suggest doing that if you haven't. Bots aren't useless persay, but the skilled players will not be entertained for long if people don't start filing in.

Upvote 0
In all seriousness, my old clan had your problem at one point. We didn't have bots to work with (in the games we played), so we compromised with other smaller clans. We helped fire up their servers, and in return - they did the same. Made friends that way, and bumped activity for both servers significantly. There's one thing I hate more than bots, and that's a server full of the same clan all on one team (or worse... both teams). It worked really well. I suggest doing that if you haven't. Bots aren't useless persay, but the skilled players will not be entertained for long if people don't start filing in.

That's not a bad idea. We have done that in other games (where there weren't bots to use) as well.

Yeah team-stacking especially by clan mates is not cool. While we don't actively do something about it (ie. kicking etc.) we do discourage it when 4 or 5 clannies join one of our servers and all try to get/stay on the same side. I think it is especially important for clans to show good faith when pubbing and even things out whenever possible that way when all 5 of them leave later one side isn't suddenly severely impacted potentially causing the server to die. Clans should be at the forefront of community effort in team balance. It is sad when that isn't the case.

Upvote 0
That's not a bad idea. We have done that in other games (where there weren't bots to use) as well.

Yeah team-stacking especially by clan mates is not cool. While we don't actively do something about it (ie. kicking etc.) we do discourage it when 4 or 5 clannies join one of our servers and all try to get/stay on the same side. I think it is especially important for clans to show good faith when pubbing and even things out whenever possible that way when all 5 of them leave later one side isn't suddenly severely impacted potentially causing the server to die. Clans should be at the forefront of community effort in team balance. It is sad when that isn't the case.

I think I draw my method because if I recall correctly, TF2's problem was with item finding. When 75% of the server was human, items would begin to be dropped. beforehand, players could just fire up a random bot server and sit inactively and collect items. Different system of operation obviously, but the same concept of the problem. I think that's how it was handled anyways.

The more I play, the more I wish the stats system wasn't in place. Unlocks? I'm down with those. The stats however.. they provide a noticable difference in specific guns. made a huge difference with the MG. I really don't know what they're going to do about this issue, but I'm happy with the game regardless. I just want the hit detection problems fixed and I'll be happy. That and exploding as soon as a spawn gets changed over. That drives me ****ing bat****.

Upvote 0
Yeah team-stacking especially by clan mates is not cool. While we don't actively do something about it (ie. kicking etc.) we do discourage it when 4 or 5 clannies join one of our servers and all try to get/stay on the same side.

What I like to see two clan in a server both stacking different team. So it kinda end up like a scrim/pub.

Upvote 0
So with bots you can still rank up but changing the loadout with the new patch will make the server go unranked. Why? In FF mode everyone can choose the weapon they want!
Plus most servers will limit the amount of semis and autos and not increase them.

And yes levelling with bots is lame but let those pathetic people do it if they want it. I'd miss the feeling of achievement but it seems some people think they deserve something for nothing.....pathetic and immature

Upvote 0
...snip

And yes levelling with bots is lame but let those pathetic people do it if they want it. I'd miss the feeling of achievement but it seems some people think they deserve something for nothing.....pathetic and immature

Oh really; what's your problem exactly, how does this affect you?

I obviously don't have the spare time that you do to spend a humongous number of hours getting my "achievements".
It is not a case of "deserving something for nothing", I just totally disagree with this current levelling system where it might take me almost a year of my available playing time to unlock the full weapon upgrades for all weapons. This allows me to fill any of the slots on a server without being at a disadvantage.

I am not too sure what all the insatiable desire is to pursue such unlocks, I just want to play a game where I shoot people, not a MMPORG where I have to grind my way to full potential.

All you really want is to wave your e-peen in the faces of everybody else on how great you are for reaching your desired level, all I really want is to be able to play the game to its full potential before everyone loses interest.

Upvote 0
Oh look, the younger bane of the internet. I wrote what I wrote, it doesn't need fixing, ta...so how is the perceived elevated position you sit on going for you?

Again, how does this affect you, apart from letting your e-peen wither?

That's just it though, your position is artificially elevated, mine isn't :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's just it though, your position is artificially elevated, mine isn't :rolleyes:

And how does this affect you?

You seem to consistently avoid answering this; obviously this achievement and unlocking business is an attractive area for you, good for you.
Obviously my actions upset you, I'm unsure why unless it's because you have nothing to wave in my face.

...sorry, I see you like smilies: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
And how does this affect you?

You seem to consistently avoid answering this; obviously this achievement and unlocking business is an attractive area for you, good for you.
Obviously my actions upset you, I'm unsure why unless it's because you have nothing to wave in my face.

...sorry, I see you like smilies: :rolleyes:

Upset? Why would I want to wave anything in your face?

I don't care if you want to level up. I don't care if anyone wants to level up.

The point is that using bots to artificially speed up the process is pathetic.

RO2 would be much better without any levelling at all.

Edit: It affects everyone who plays because we are all affected by the ridiculous levelling system, I can't beleive you needed to ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: Piscator and Grobut
Upvote 0
Oh really; what's your problem exactly, how does this affect you?

I obviously don't have the spare time that you do to spend a humongous number of hours getting my "achievements".
It is not a case of "deserving something for nothing", I just totally disagree with this current levelling system where it might take me almost a year of my available playing time to unlock the full weapon upgrades for all weapons. This allows me to fill any of the slots on a server without being at a disadvantage.

I am not too sure what all the insatiable desire is to pursue such unlocks, I just want to play a game where I shoot people, not a MMPORG where I have to grind my way to full potential.

All you really want is to wave your e-peen in the faces of everybody else on how great you are for reaching your desired level, all I really want is to be able to play the game to its full potential before everyone loses interest.

You could not have missed my point more than that. I also don't have the time to level everything up but do I need to? Do you need to? Is the disadvantage so big having a few levels less. Still I also disagree with the current system but mods will take care of that disaster soon I hope. Until then, yes I'd like it if it takes me a year or so to max out every level and unlock. What's the rush? Everyone in their own time.

And I don't want to wave anything at anyone. I just want to enjoy the game. If I have a slight disadvantage for being a lower level then I will gladly take on the challenge but those levelling with bots seem to see it the other way around and prefer to have an (unfair?) advantage.
It is just pathetic imho to level with bots and a sign of being immature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0