• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leveling with bots should be forbidden !

Pretty soon I expect to see leveled up accounts sold. Same jokers that would use aim hacks and shooting bots to level up would be the same sort of losers to buy leveled up accounts.

Nobody would buy a whole new Steam account just to get that extra 10% recoil reduction on a game that peaks on 3,000 players.

This game isn't that big.

Edit: and why would people who already got all the unlocks they want through shooting at bots bother to get another Steam account?

Also shooting at bots is nothing like aimbotting. Aimbotter's focus is on griefing other players. These guys are just pretty lazy and want unlocks faster. Unless using unlocks are considered as griefing?

@Stahlhelmii
I'm from Europe and I have at least 20-30 servers with good/decent pings (< 100). Player count is somewhere between 20 to 64 players.
Maybe you are from some place with few servers ? Or you play at night on other continents ? :p

I'm from east coast USA and I would be lucky to see 2 servers that have < 100 ping with 20 ~ 64 players.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Boosting is unavoidable. The other day, I tried joining a vacant server with a friend so we could snipe each other, and a couple of other players immediately joined in and asked if we were interested in boosting. If there's a ranking system, there will be people that will try and take advantage of it.
Basically this. I was in our community server in BFBC2 waiting for my friends to show up, and these two guys connected on opposite teams. One asked, "Points?" The other said, "Points." And then they went off to an MCOM and proceeded to arm and disarm it to boost.

I had a look at them, had a laugh, then PB-banned them. :D

As for using bots to boost levels, I think it's TWI's problem for making bot kills be worth any points at all. They obviously have a way of telling if you've killed a bot or a person (since there's achievements for getting a certain number of human kills), so the fact that they made bot kills worth anything is basically an open invitation to boost.

Upvote 0
Pretty soon I expect to see leveled up accounts sold. Same jokers that would use aim hacks and shooting bots to level up would be the same sort of losers to buy leveled up accounts.
I don't think anyone cares enough to pay for a levelled RO2 account, I highly doubt it will happen.

This just makes the stat system more of a joke than it already is with the failed reset, don't think I really care because stats are already bonkered.

Upvote 0
This game is utterly broken, the upcoming official tournament failed to include the people who worked hardest to get in and mean something within the competitive scene rather than just remain a bunch of pubbers, and so everyone grabs what they can get - they asked for this, pretty much.

I mean, c'mon, the stats could be completely and utterly manipulated the day the last 'fix' was applied within hours.. You expect people to take nothing back, after they paid for something that's barely even functioning?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I seriously don't care. To me it just looks like co-op servers and the stats are there for ones individual enjoyment. Sure the players get increased abilities but then again they don't matter in most engagements.
Been playing a lot against bots in local. Many hours. No increase in stats for me.
I'd actually want all that playtime to count for something.

I'd like to know the difference between co-op and bot-farming.

Upvote 0
The stat padders are the problem?

nope.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm from east coast USA and I would be lucky to see 2 servers that have < 100 ping with 20 ~ 64 players.

I'm from the East Coast of Canada, and I'm lucky if I can get a spot in one of the 3-4 realism servers with < 100 ping I see that are usually 64/64 in the evenings, plus the handful of small servers that are usually full. (And no, I've yet to notice a server that was actually Canadian.)

Upvote 0
PLZ LEAVE IT AS IS!!!!

We have to seed every day on our server to get it going. It is a ranked server, but it is much more fun to seed with a few bots to shoot.

Chill out people about the stats. If someone wants to stat-pad.....laugh at them, don't puke bile all over the forum plz.

It's bad to take everything good away from normal players, jus to bug the exploiting players. In this scenario the exploiter always wins, because there is always something to exploit, since there is no code that can account for all exploiting behaviour.

Statpadding is a logical effect of adding stats. I've always said it, stats do not foster teamwork. They only create teamwork like behaviour.

Again plz, don't screw up the game because some people stat pad. Make the game for players that play right.

Upvote 0