• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let's make a difference

Okay, these are todays changes:

+ammo price changes
+reduce mp7 spread a bit
+reduce flamer weight from 10 to 8 and add one extra canister
+Commando "stalker kills" requirement should be "stalker & crawler kills".
+Reduce LAW weight by 1 (so you can at least carry pipe bombs)
+Something to identify whitelisted maps in the maplist (not really a balance change so it'll instantly go to the bottom of the list but I agree, if this is really the last update then this should definitely be added)

?Fleshpounds should have a weakness to LAW rockets (I need confirmation, do they not get extra damage right now? If not, they should.)

-grenades should either be stronger or cheaper (that is now included in the ammo price list. I decided to go with cheaper since that has a lower chance to break anything.)
-LAWhammer melee attack (Okay, that was way more than just pushing numbers. Has pretty much been replaced by the weight reduce)
-Dual handcannons should weigh 2 each (better leave that alone. Imo, handcannons are okay as they are right now and changing that might break something.)

I'll decide on what the hell to do with the SCAR tomorrow.
I don't think I'll touch the mac10 as it is still too new for any fair judgement imo.
It does not seem as stupidly strong as the M14 used to be since its power is entirely based on damage over time.
Also please don't post things that are already on the list anymore.
I basically skipped a remarkable ammount of suggestions because they re-iterated what is already on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What the HELL! Why should the M14 have a damage nerf?
F*** balance! It's a 7.62x51 mm round! (or .308 win.)... Balance can only go so far! Would you make a MG 42 in this game (if there was one) only do the damage of a 9mm or MP7m just cause it fired fast, had good accuracy, and had lots of ammo? NO...

The M14 is a lot better in real life than this too so call yourself lucky! Hell the M14 does fire in automatic, would you want that? Most likely no, so just be happy with it. Its not (wasn't) OP the other classes just needed to be tweaked. Now this will just go in a loop until the M14 is returned back to what it was or TWI just say f*** that.

/rant

Upvote 0
F*** balance! It's a 7.62x51 mm round! (or .308 win.)... Balance can only go so far! Would you make a MG 42 in this game (if there was one) only do the damage of a 9mm or MP7m just cause it fired fast, had good accuracy, and had lots of ammo? NO...

The M14 is a lot better in real life than this too so call yourself lucky! Hell the M14 does fire in automatic, would you want that? Most likely no, so just be happy with it. Its not (wasn't) OP the other classes just needed to be tweaked. Now this will just go in a loop until the M14 is returned back to what it was or TWI just say f*** that.

/rant

Please do not incite an argument.

As for the m14, I do not plan on touching it.
I'll be honest with ya, I hate that bloody thing but it does seem okay to me now.
So where did that come from anyway?

Upvote 0
Please do not incite an argument.

As for the m14, I do not plan on touching it.
I'll be honest with ya, I hate that bloody thing but it does seem okay to me now.
So where did that come from anyway?

I just sick of assholes in the community thinking they know whats best for the whole community. What I'm trying to say is that the M14 is an Tier 3 weapon for a reason and that reason is it's a great weapon. (fun to shoot too) But, all the M14 needed was a discount reduction (less of a discount) for SS and yes maybe a higher weight.

Reactions: meatloaf
Upvote 0
I just sick of assholes in the community thinking they know whats best for the whole community. What I'm trying to say is that the M14 is an Tier 3 weapon for a reason and that reason is it's a great weapon. (fun to shoot too)

Maybe the Xbow is the tier 3 weapon (powerful but doesnt have a lot of ammo... like other Tier 3 weapons). And lets just say that your reason is far from good :D

Reactions: Third Eye
Upvote 0
Maybe the Xbow is the tier 3 weapon (powerful but doesnt have a lot of ammo... like other Tier 3 weapons). And lets just say that your reason is far from good :D

Ok then let's say the Xbow is a tier 3 weapon (which it shouldn't) ok then either get another SS weapon or get rid of the M14 and replace it with a 5.56 caliber weapon with a scope or something.

OFF TOPIC: Look what I found!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAW_80
Could this be the LAW?

Upvote 0
I do not understand?

I did another post to explain this:
Change this tomorrow
Add more perk levels (possibly up to 10)

Change this some day perhaps
Add an "overall perk level", which goes up when all the perks are levelled to that level (so, to have the overall perk level at 1 you need to have all the perks on level 1) and gives overall improvements (like, more money when killing and more blocks to carry things (or maybe the opposite: things weight less))

These are the things I have on my mind now. I will update if something else comes to mind.

Sadly I didn't have enough posts so the message got put in the moderation queue, so I have to wait for the moderator to approve it, before it shows up. :(

Upvote 0
I'll decide on what the hell to do with the SCAR tomorrow.

Let me say my opinion on this.

I played a long game on hard difficulty with a level 5 commando, and I was doing just fine if not great dispite the Scar nerf. I even had the most kills dispite of not trying to be on the top. BUT, it was on arcade-skatepark so that might make things easier? I dont like the map myself but the rest of the players voted it on so...

But I guess Im trying to say that the nerf isnt that bad. I did run out of ammo much faster, naturally, and fleshpounds were a bit harder to take out. Other than that it was fine. After all its an automatic weapon and shouldnt even kill on one hit like it used to.

I just sick of assholes in the community thinking they know whats best for the whole community. What I'm trying to say is that the M14 is an Tier 3 weapon for a reason and that reason is it's a great weapon. (fun to shoot too) But, all the M14 needed was a discount reduction (less of a discount) for SS and yes maybe a higher weight.

Duh. And YOU alone know whats best for the rest of the community? M14 made you a god, how can you deny that the weapon didnt deserve the nerf?

Reactions: Third Eye
Upvote 0

/rant

While the M14 does have fully automatic capabilities, most M14s were modified for semi auto only. Do you know why? The insane recoil! If the M14 was realistically done at L6 SS then there'd be no problem at all.

An unperked M14 should be the level of recoil L6 Sharpshooter gets. There should be no recoil reduction for the M14.

Upvote 0
Okay, after some thinking I decided to add this change:

Lv6 sharpshooter:
+60% extra damage with 9mm, HC, LAR, Xbow, M14
+50% extra headshot damage

should become

+110% extra headshot damage with 9mm, HC, LAR, Xbow, M14

So bodyshots get no damage bonus while headshots remain unchanged.
This shouldn't break anything and actually not change a thing for a sharpshooter who can aim for the head which is what sharpshooters should be all about.
It also makes them weaker to many small specimens since you can't just waste them with spammed bodyshots that easily anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dude 110%? Sharpshooter is perfect the way it is leave it be. For christs sakes if used correctly a team full of them can win NO problem.

*Im cool with the m14 becoming more semi-auto

*MP7M does not need less spread. it teaches people to shoot in intervals **** them if they don't want to?

I personally believe the topics should be problems RIGHT NOW. Such as Fleshpounds dieing in one hit in the forehead.(even scrakes.)

I question the LAW one-
Personally I think if you have a LAW at max you should only be capable of carrying 4. I propose a LAW's weight should leave at least 4 pipes (I've played games without pipes on suicidal with just a LAW i think some pipes would be useful but the default 8 would be too much.

-> Personally the topics should be mostly about the ZEDs difficulties
If not AI changes = better resistances?
A patriarch dieing with a few hits if you can aim with a crossbow- That's a problem.
A Fleshpound, scrake, and dieing in one shot? That's a problem.

^Just my personal opinion.

Upvote 0