• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let's make a difference

I think I'm gonna be too late for this, and I imagine I'm probably in the minority but here goes.

In my opinion the Flamethrower doesn't need an extra Canister... or a weight drop to be honest. The Mac 10 already addresses issues like ammo and Spike damage, and whether people think the Mac is overpowered or not, the Flamethrower is fine.

Giving the FT more ammo just makes the Firebug a spray and pray class with no thought for conservation or caution.

Sadly I'm just 1 voice in several hundred, but I perosnally will be quite upset to see this change implemented on teh Firebug.
I carry the same opinion.

Upvote 0
Hunting shotgun ammo must really be reduced to some level. That weapon is only good for the sizeable groups of trash zeds and chest-shotting the heavies.

The xbow ammo should be more expensive, especially due to the fact that it can be re-used.
My only grief with the xbow is that is can penetrate through a whole row of zeds, instantly killing them.
I would be content with the xbow penetrating 3 zeds maximum, instead of a whole row. Killing the masses, thats more a job for the demo, FB and Commando.

Upvote 0
I think I'm gonna be too late for this, and I imagine I'm probably in the minority but here goes.

In my opinion the Flamethrower doesn't need an extra Canister... or a weight drop to be honest. The Mac 10 already addresses issues like ammo and Spike damage, and whether people think the Mac is overpowered or not, the Flamethrower is fine.

Giving the FT more ammo just makes the Firebug a spray and pray class with no thought for conservation or caution.

Sadly I'm just 1 voice in several hundred, but I perosnally will be quite upset to see this change implemented on teh Firebug.

Okay. Honestly, I'm not too sure about that myself.
It is an experiment and right now I'm cutting down on those and try to wrap things up.
I'll just remove that point then, it probably ain't that broken so there's no need to fix it.
There are more important things.

Upvote 0
Okay, I've added the SCAR change, raising its base damage from 58 - 70.
I believe that completes the list. You can discuss now instead of just making short suggestions.

Oh wait you already are.
Proceed.

I tried to keep it as short as I can while minimizing "experiments" and non-balance-changes.
The only "important" experiment right now is the static discount, everything else has a clear purpose with as little room for error as I could make and the only non-balance-changes should be the least important things on the list.

Do you think something could be worded better?
Do you think something should be more/less important?

Now is the time that you can still influence that.
You've already done a great job helping me with this, this list totally wouldn't be what it is right now without you but keep in mind that I can only address so many things in only 1 way.
Picking the "best" solutions wasn't easy but I hope, at least most of the times, I managed to do it.
At least the red changes should all be agreeable.

So what do you think?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay, I've added the SCAR change, raising its base damage from 58 - 70.
I believe that completes the list. You can discuss now instead of just making short suggestions.

Oh wait you already are.
Proceed.

I tried to keep it as short as I can while minimizing "experiments" and non-balance-changes.
The only "important" experiment right now is the static discount, everything else has a clear purpose with as little room for error as I could make and the only non-balance-changes should be the least important things on the list.

Do you think something could be worded better?
Do you think something should be more/less important?

Now is the time that you can still influence that.
You've already done a great job helping me with this, this list totally wouldn't be what it is right now without you but keep in mind that I can only address so many things in only 1 way.
Picking the "best" solutions wasn't easy but I hope, at least most of the times, I managed to do it.
At least the red changes should all be agreeable.

So what do you think?

I was told just now fp have 50% resistance to xbow, not 75%.

So my xbow fix may gone wrong.

EDIT: I get some funny answer:

If 4x hs dmg is applied and the 50% resistance is right,
two shot from 6lv ss will decap fps with 109.5 hp left.

And this satisfy those who think fp should not be daed by only two shots and those who think fps should die in two shots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was told just now fp have 50% resistance to xbow, not 75%.

So my xbow fix may gone wrong.

EDIT: I get some funny answer:

If 4x hs dmg is applied and the 50% resistance is right,
two shot from 6lv ss will decap fps with 109.5 hp left.

Okay...
I'll just leave it in anyway and change the description.
It says what was intended, if the value doesn't do that, it has to be changed to something else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i've been thinking about it and i just now remembered people have been begging for a way to reset their perks or roll back to previously unlocked perk levels.

it's not really a balance issue or bugfix i guess. just throwing it out there.

and you know xienen said he'll never patch the katana back to autofire right?

Upvote 0
and you know xienen said he'll never patch the katana back to autofire right?
Yes, I remember that.
They said it was "intended" and that it won't be changed period.
Why exactly it was intended was never mentioned and I fail to see the purpose. So it'll defiantly stay on there.

Oh and btw, the text + according loading screen is off (non-congruent) 50% of all the times. I think it's some kind of small bug that could be solved.
That's an old suggestion. The pictures and the descriptions are out of sync.
It's not really that useful/crucial though and I don't wanna load more stuff into that list.

We are lucky if all red and some orange changes get implemented and nothing else, keep that in mind.

Upvote 0
Just some last words before it goes.

Are we sure 1 block less is enough for the LAW? As me and a few people think that the combo of LAW + m79 is not game breaking at all and non-demo dont do enough dmg to make it effective. So, is making it 4 blocks less a bad idea? Or you guys think only 1 block less is better?

And frag nades is not in the list? At all? Imo it should be something orange or green. Or we get used to the time that no one use any nades at all so no one cares:eek:?

Upvote 0

Are we sure 1 block less is enough for the LAW? As me and a few people think that the combo of LAW + m79 is not game breaking at all and non-demo dont do enough dmg to make it effective. So, is making it 4 blocks less a bad idea? Or you guys think only 1 block less is better?

And frag nades is not in the list? At all? Imo it should be something orange or green. Or we get used to the time that no one use any nades at all so no one cares:eek:?

I'm with you. 1 block or even up to 4 blocks less (at LEAST only for the Demo perk having it lighter) doesn't seem to be too powerful to me *shrugs* I mean, it would still not be plentiful of ammo you are walking around with...

Grenades need to be a bit cheaper yeah. Like 20 dosh a piece? :)

Upvote 0

In my personal opinion of being a fail tard using the LAW since prepatch xD 1 block is good enough and might be too much. (I've posted on almost every thread involving the LAW.) Do not touch it at the moment unless you want to add some pipes or something too it. Just don't mention it D: I've used it on suicidal enough times to prove it's a very viable weapon. A 9mm is all you need and the ten grenades you have >:D

Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0

It would be nice if grenades were lowered to 20 each but meh, noone uses them because specimens avoid em, not cos they suck... oh wait :p

LAW should be a powerhouse on its own, but Pipebombs are an integral part of the Demo and with only that weapon you require something more... personal for defensive purposes. But allowing the M79 too is too much when really the LAW should be considered powerful enough to be worth the tradeoff for lacking a more versatile weapon.

Joker the LAW isn't even close to viable... it does a beautiful job of creating lots of red mist (and white smoke) with its increased range but as of now its nothing more than a tool to thin out the enemy ranks, which lets be honest the M32 and M79 can do better and for longer periods. 15 ammo is too limited even on Hard, never mind Suicidal and its damage isn't high enough to be a decent assist for Fleshpounds.

Its good fun, but not viable.

Upvote 0