• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Events: Questions for the Devs

I honestly wanted to buy it just so that I had an actual box in my hand. However, im kinda hesistent when it comes to ordering things over seas. I live in the US, so Im not sure how long it would take. If I did buy it, I know someone who would enjoy it too. Either way, I decided to opt out of it for now. Maybe later on Ill buy something from TWI. Maybe their New Horizen coffee mug lol

the TWI webstore is based in the US, so you dont have to worry about overseas shipping. They do the importing themselves.

Upvote 0
There is no "forced loyalty." There are special events and map that occur during specific times of the year. That's what makes them special.
You are wrong. Christmas achievements must be done during the Christmas special, Halloween during Halloween, that is true. But Potato achievement and Gladios were only available during the Potato Sack Special. This is clear message from Tripwire:
"Now, you losers, is too late! You will never get them!"
I do not mind special maps or events. Achievements however must be achievable. Suppose, somebody buy this game... he can never get those "special" achievements, even if he is best player ever.
This is the same kind of retarded achievements like "Be first on leaderboards" or "Kill 100.000.000.000 monsters". There are other means to keep gamers playing the game.
Currently I have 89 achievements (comes naturally to me) and definitely will not play Killing Floor during Christmas or Halloween, rushing to get those blackmailing achievements.

Upvote 0
You are wrong. Christmas achievements must be done during the Christmas special, Halloween during Halloween, that is true. But Potato achievement and Gladios were only available during the Potato Sack Special. This is clear message from Tripwire:
I do not mind special maps or events. Achievements however must be achievable. Suppose, somebody buy this game... he can never get those "special" achievements, even if he is best player ever.
This is the same kind of retarded achievements like "Be first on leaderboards" or "Kill 100.000.000.000 monsters". There are other means to keep gamers playing the game.
Currently I have 89 achievements (comes naturally to me) and definitely will not play Killing Floor during Christmas or Halloween, rushing to get those blackmailing achievements.

no... just no

achievements are supposed to be a side feature of the game not the main feature itself. Some source mods have achievements that involve killing members of the development team. Practically impossible to get now that the development team no longer plays. People just deal with it.

If you want to feel accomplished just beat every official map on HoE and then you can say you have 100% completion.

Upvote 0
If you want to feel accomplished just beat every official map on HoE
Rightly said. This is exactly what will happen in my case.
Actually there are achievements (Win a Long Game on Biohazard on Suicidal Difficulty) and tasks (Kill one of each type of zed in one round) in this and other games. First gives you this pleasant sense of accomplishment, this is our brain releasing dopamine, regardless of real world or virtual achievement. Second is dull and boring. Therefore, you may find extreme opinions about game "achievements", because developers misuse them, overriding player's motivation to play and explore.
And since we all need a feel of achievement (right now to clean my download folder) those achievements should be natural. I don't mind side missions achievements in Torchlight 2 (e.g. Defeat Chillhoof). But I completely ignore stupid ones (Sell 5000 items in Torchlight 2, Get into GLaDOS' core on Aperture in Killing Floor)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

are you seriously QQing about achievements? play the game because you enjoy it, and have fun doing it not for a little icon that means absolutely nothing.

Upvote 0
You are wrong. Christmas achievements must be done during the Christmas special, Halloween during Halloween, that is true. But Potato achievement and Gladios were only available during the Potato Sack Special.

Ummm what? The potato achievements were available last April and were available again this April. They might be available again next April, who knows.

Upvote 0
are you seriously QQing about achievements? play the game because you enjoy it, and have fun doing it not for a little icon that means absolutely nothing.
Actually I play games my way, achievements do not influence my play much, however... useless achievements are lost opportunities to add more value to the game. Properly balanced achievements add depth and are a kind of progress documentation. Unfortunately, in many games achievements become ridiculous and meaningless. I know that. Pure madness examples...
The Simpsons Game: Press START to play
Duke Nukem Forever: Find and steal a piece of poo

If a game comes with achievements, I review them as they are good indicator of game value. I like some Killing Floor achievements like "Win a Long Game on Biotics Lab on Hard Difficulty". They are good indicator. Achievements which are time limited are just lost opportunity - nobody benefits from them. Developers force gamers to wait in real world for this specific time to get them. They do not understand how games work in combination of human brain. 99% of gamers will forget or give up and start playing other games. Those insanely loyal gamers will wait and try to collect them all within limited time feeling stress instead fun. What is the point?

sarcasm mode on

To developers of KF... you may invent an achievement which is achievable only in specific place! For example those gamers who come to TWI office, collect a ticket and bum!... they get an achievement.
Or maybe an achievement for achieving no achievement?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fully agree. I am quite good in this game and could get most achievements. Forced loyalty is not fair.

They give you over a week to get those achievements which don't take much time anyway. If you didn't own the game during the event then it's your own damn fault for taking so long to find out about a game that came out in 2009. Besides part of the achievement itself is to let people know that you participated in the actual event. It's not just doing something, it's doing something at a particular time. Which makes the achievement that much more rare. Getting 100 percent achievements should be something actually difficult. As in less than 1 percent of the people that play the game should be able to do it. There's nothing wrong with tripwire wanting to do seasonal achievements, especially when we've been given multiple chances to get them.

TL;DR Deal with it nerd.

Upvote 0
Actually I play games my way, achievements do not influence my play much

you start off your paragraph with that statement than follow up with:

Those insanely loyal gamers will wait and try to collect them all within limited time feeling stress instead fun. What is the point?

i assume you are listing yourself when you mention all the "insanely loyal gamers", which would be a good indication of why you were QQing in the first place. I also like how you generalize the entire loyal fanbase of actually caring about achievements, of which im sure many like me, could care less about a silly little icon that tells me something i know already did.

Upvote 0
you start off your paragraph with that statement than follow up with: [...] i assume you are listing yourself when you mention all the "insanely loyal gamers", which would be a good indication of why you were QQing in the first place. I also like how you generalize the entire loyal fanbase of actually caring about achievements, of which im sure many like me, could care less about a silly little icon that tells me something i know already did.
Well, your assumption is wrong. Sorry. Still, I admire you reporting skills :) but... "insanely loyal gamers" is far from “entire loyal fanbase”. I do not mind if gamers try to get those time limited achievements. However, waiting for this specific time in a year is insane. It's a bribe... come to us on Christmas and we will give you next chance to get an achievement.
TWI declared that those specific achievements will not be unlocked and I respect that. This decision is not good, unfortunately. Leaving new content after an event would be much better solution. Instead of frustration gamers would have a chance to get what they want most: feeling of accomplishment (sometimes documented as game achievement).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you didn't own the game during the event then it's your own damn fault
ROFL
part of the achievement itself is to let people know
ROFL again. You let people know by publishing list of achievements. I do not care about yours or anybody's achievements. I do not need achievements to be even published anywhere. Still, I understand that some people may actually want to show off.
It's not just doing something, it's doing something at a particular time. Which makes the achievement that much more rare.
So rare that I need to wait until time travel machine is invented to get them! I do not care how many rare achievements people have, because there are lots of cheaters. I want game developers make balanced reasonable achievements to challenge me. I have bought a game and learned that some achievements are not available. TWI, mark them, remove them, whatever. I continue discussion because such practice is just wrong.
Getting 100 percent achievements should be something actually difficult. As in less than 1 percent of the people that play the game should be able to do it.
You say that only 1% of gamers deserve to enjoy feeling of accomplishment having full set of achievements? Unfair.
Plus there's difference between difficulty and non availability.
TL;DR Deal with it nerd.
No stamina, you lazy nerd?

Upvote 0
It's not really an option to go for every achievement imo. I've only got 1 left and I'm not rushing to get it. The whole point of the game is to have fun and work as a team so likewise, take your time completing or getting the achievements.
Congratulations! I know that you spent some time and made some effort, thumb up!
Recently I played Torchlight 2, which comes with achievements, which I reviewed and, as always, ignored. The game is so nice and addicting that you do not even need achievements. Still, they are there and are so well balanced that after 70+ hours of game play I got 78 out of 123 achievements without even thinking about them. The rest? Well, there are four classes in Torchlight 2 and I plan to play with all of them to enjoy different skills and their spectacular graphical effects. More time than enough to collect all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Use SAM, problem solved. Your better of getting achievements on a PS3 or Xbox...as these these systems arent fooled around with(well they are, but you can actually get banned for it)

Steam doesnt really take action concerning achievement hacks, thats why I quit hunting for them a long time ago. Once I saw one of the people in my friends list getting like 35 achievements in 1 minute...yeah....that kinda made me stop hunting for them. :(

Upvote 0