• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Events: Questions for the Devs

We've said it before, will say it again: when we say something (event, achievement, special DLC) is available for a limited time only, it will always remain so. Otherwise it would be unfair to those who specifically went after it at the right time.

I think this is really unfair to people who bought this game after those limited time achievements and games info didn't mention that its impossible to collect all achievements. If steam & tripwire would put mark on those two achievements that they are now impossible to get it would be fair. Something like "Only avaible x.x.xxxx". Who agrees with me?

Edit:

"We hope you enjoyed our part of the puzzle, and the KF-Aperture map is here to stay. The overlays and other puzzle/arg content will be removed from the game in the coming days, and Killing Floor will return to business as usual until the next big thing (that’s a hint, by the way…)."

So you promised to remove arg content after its over.

source:

http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/potato-arg-a-kf-postmortem/

Last edited:
Reactions: >F|R< Sarcinelli
Upvote 0
I asked this in the announcement forum but in case my post gets lost:

WThis will be the ONLY way to get that female playable character. For those who already own the game and/or any of the existing DLC, all of those will show up as tradeable/giftable items in your Steam inventory for you to swap with friends or even just give away!
I'm still not clear on this.

Does this mean that I register the Gold key on steam, I get the new character as a trade-able item/never having to actually install the gold version, I can gift the character to myself and use it in my original KF install?

If not and I'm have to use the gold version to use the female model, does Bunglebuck Archfeld aka Indiana Jones become trade-able? I have him as the pre-order bonus in KF and I don't want to lose him to gain another exclusive.

What about achievements and levels? Would I have to start over from scratch?

Upvote 0

Does this mean that I register the Gold key on steam, I get the new character as a trade-able item/never having to actually install the gold version, I can gift the character to myself and use it in my original KF install?

If not and I'm have to use the gold version to use the female model, does Bunglebuck Archfeld aka Indiana Jones become trade-able? I have him as the pre-order bonus in KF and I don't want to lose him to gain another exclusive.

I don't think the Gold Edition will be a separated game. I guess you'll have to register the Gold Edition key on steam and download only the new dlc (female skin plus female voices). The rest of the stuff (game and dlcs you already have) will be giftable.

ps.: I'm not sure if the special skins (events and preorders) will be included in the Gold Edition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think the Gold Edition will be a separated game. I guess you'll have to register the Gold Edition key on steam and download only the new dlc (female skin plus female voices). The rest of the stuff (game and dlcs you already have) will be giftable.

ps.: I'm not sure if the special skins (events and preorders) will be included in the Gold Edition.

I doubt the pre-order stuff will be included, since those were 1-time things. The event characters, you can just unlock when that time of the year rolls around again. The description says it'll include the 6 DLC character packs, so: Outbreak, Nightfall, Postmortem, London's Finest, Steampunk 1, Steampunk 2.

Upvote 0
[QUOTE='[TW]We've said it before, will say it again: when we say something (event, achievement, special DLC) is available for a limited time only, it will always remain so. Otherwise it would be unfair to those who specifically went after it at the right time.[/QUOTE]

That is the reason why I use "The Ball" char in KF. :) I hated that game, but I buy all of the KF related stuff TWI releases because of the many free updates to KF.

Upvote 0
The funniest part would be, if after installing the Killing Floor Gold you'll have all stats = 0, including perk progression and even achievements, some of them you can't get anymore.
Now I am 100% sure that even if I could get the Gold Box I'd not even accept it, not even if someone paid me to that, unless I just take money and try to give the Gold to someone else.

Upvote 0
I love events

I love events

I love when people go crazy about new stuff. When they hunt for achievements. It's madess haha. Events are so refreshing.

I wish all that special content stayed on maps. Xmass zeds on Santa's Evil Lair and Ice Cave, Glados voice on Aperture and Hween zeds on Bedlam. This could be optional though. Removing all those new skins and models permanently? No, I don't like it. Bring them back. Portal 2 ARG achievos - yeah, I want them too.

Reactions: borsdy
Upvote 0
I think this is really unfair to people who bought this game after those limited time achievements and games info didn't mention that its impossible to collect all achievements. If steam & tripwire would put mark on those two achievements that they are now impossible to get it would be fair. Something like "Only avaible x.x.xxxx". Who agrees with me?

Edit:

"We hope you enjoyed our part of the puzzle, and the KF-Aperture map is here to stay. The overlays and other puzzle/arg content will be removed from the game in the coming days, and Killing Floor will return to business as usual until the next big thing (that

Upvote 0
Hahahahaha.

But yeah Id guess they are planning to re-do these events next xmas/summer.

This guy must have seen the future O_O

Back on topic, Ive always wondered why they removed the christmas themed zeds for the christmas maps. I mean, the map fits perfectly with them, and not with the regular zeds. Also, the music in those christmas maps, so amazing. I love the nutcracker ballet, and hearing the theme, while killing zeds, is sooo creepy awesome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I just got my gold box and I already own KF and all the DLC's.

So when I entered the Key in steam, I got an extra copy of KF and all the DLCs in my gift inventory.

If you dont have all the DLC's, the ones you do not own WILL be added to your steam library, the rest will go in your gift inventory.

I bought the Gold Box knowing the Ash DLC would come out in August. I always wanted to have a KF box and I had someone to gift it to anyways.

Upvote 0
I bought the Gold Box knowing the Ash DLC would come out in August. I always wanted to have a KF box and I had someone to gift it to anyways.

I honestly wanted to buy it just so that I had an actual box in my hand. However, im kinda hesistent when it comes to ordering things over seas. I live in the US, so Im not sure how long it would take. If I did buy it, I know someone who would enjoy it too. Either way, I decided to opt out of it for now. Maybe later on Ill buy something from TWI. Maybe their New Horizen coffee mug lol

Upvote 0