• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Events: Questions for the Devs

You say that you don't give a flying turd what achivements others should be able to get, because you don't care about achievements at all apparently, no? Then that's pure biasm and egocentric to the max. Do you REALLY think your opinion will matter then? No, so just ignore his plea, because you don't think it matters either way. You are only mad at Alphaboy cuz you can't read...

Sshhhh, I'm doing this to make the same point about him too. Look at him, he comes in spamming his crap ALL OVER THE PLACE and acting as if he is in some formal position at the same time. Are you telling me that he isn't a biased egocentric?

Upvote 0
Content such as Christmas content isn't as special if it's available throughout the year. It's like if you were to keep up the tree/ornaments/stockings/etc all year round to always make it feel like Christmas. You would only be making the holidays feel like any other day. Ditto for the specimen variations for other special events.

That's for the specimens' seasonal changes. I do agree with the sentiment that Aperture would be better if it alone kept the unique Portal-based trader.

As for the anti-achievement attitude showing up in this thread: Can't we all get along instead of resorting to insults and condescension? Sure, achievements are pointless, but so is leveling up and shooting imaginary former humans. Some people consider the collection of achievements to be part of the fun of the game, so why not respect the concerns of people seeking achievements as much as the concern of those seeking fictional money for a 3D model resembling a gun which will be used to mow down nonexistent creatures for personal amusement and/or a sense of teamwork?

Reactions: EpharGy
Upvote 0
Can't we all get along instead of resorting to insults and condescension?

I'm still laughing about how a passing "screw you" in a sentence filled with sarcasm is causing so much moaning. Some people really do need to grow a thicker skin.

Sure, achievements are pointless, but so is leveling up and shooting imaginary former humans.

But shooting things is more fun than being given a virtual badge.

Upvote 0
Sshhhh, I'm doing this to make the same point about him too. Look at him, he comes in spamming his crap ALL OVER THE PLACE and acting as if he is in some formal position at the same time. Are you telling me that he isn't a biased egocentric?

C'mon don't be so childish -.-
Oh well, let me try and be as mature as i can be here: While he is biased in that he wants to be able to get the achievements, isn't that understandable?

Look at it this way:
He wants justice and equality in terms of being able to "complete" the game (as I said, to some people achievements is just that). You, in a way, agreed with TWI to refuse a select amount (wether it's a minority or majority doesn't matter) of people of being able to do that. You indirectly promote injustice and elitism.
Is it really that hard to see why I'm with Alphaboy on this one?

Really, what harm is there in letting everyone be able to get all achievements? If anything, those "achievement-whores" (no offense to you people) would only gain on this and TWI wins an unknown-sized crowd over to their side. Isn't that a win-win? :)

Reactions: Islidox
Upvote 0
C'mon don't be so childish -.-
Oh well, let me try and be as mature as i can be here: While he is biased in that he wants to be able to get the achievements, isn't that understandable?

So screaming for attention from TWI in every thread possible regardless of how damn old it is whilst repeating the same message again and again (infractable offense) whilst acting as if he's super-special is not childish?

Ok, lesson learnt.

Personally, I don't care if you have your achievements or not, but acting like this to get it is just funny to watch.

Also above me, he's spamming the same responses to me in multiple threads.

So seeing "achievement unlocked!" on your screen is your idea of fun?

Man, I'd love to see the look on your face when you start playing this cool game called Killing Floor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Flawed logic; I have posted only in threads addressing this issue: namely 9.

Are you telling me that this isn't spamming?

Again, I'm raising awareness, as the anniversary for the ARG is in April and if something's going to happen, we should start talking about it now.

Yes, we are all aware. The topic has been done to death, too.

Again, C_Gibby please quote me where I state this or even hint at it.

"Act."

How is asking members of a community to sign a petition regarding a subject that some members of the community care about "funny to watch"?

It's just the spamming and your little outcry. Really, you could have just made one thread about it and use the vote function. I think you could do with a lesson in forum etiqutte.

Only the original two posts are copied to other threads. The others are individual responses. In this case, you are simply incorrect. Those in doubt, please check my posting responses. Also, if I'm spamming you in "multiple threads" with "the same responses" (false statement on your part), then by your own logic, are you not spamming as well?

Don't copy stuff to other threads. Again, forum etiquette.

You're simply revealing yourself to be intolerant to other members of the community. So what if that is our idea of fun? Who are you to judge?

You're whining about me looking down on your opinion, and now you're looking down on mine. Onoes.

Answers in bold.

Upvote 0
Nowhere in the forums rules is spamming defined.

Sounds like you haven't looked. People get infracted for it all the time.

Yet there have been no official responses to this subject in the threads from the devs as of the original posting. I would like answers from the top, not more forum speculation.
Then they obviously can't give an answer yet. Maybe it's a surprise! This is how TWI behaves.

Hey guys, remember when everyone was asking for a second christmas update and TWI never commented on the issue, but as soon as the holidays arrived, we got one?

That stands as your opinion and nothing more.
When people act in a certain way, they give an impression to others.

*facepalm*
You know, the more you react to a passing un-serious "screw you" in a silly sentence, the more I'm just going to take pokes at you. If you went out in the outside world and heard what people often say, you'd probably cry.

From the forum rules:
Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks.

"Screw you" is a personal attack.

No, no it is not. :I I think you oughta work on comprehension as soon as you can.

You cannot quote me in correlation to any of your points or categorically state anything of what I have done is outside the forum rules.
People have done it before. They get infracted and told to stop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow Alpha, you're so boring. *yawns* I think you should learn to not take two words so seriously. ****ing hilarious to begin with, but it's getting a little sad now.

Plus, I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I'm saying that you will likely get infracted/banned as well as look stupid when constantly spamming the same messages over and over, because, surprise, it happens over here every weekend!

Upvote 0
The entire exchange was stupid. Take it to PMs instead of duking it out in the forums.

I'm with Undead and Alphaboy. I got this game late last summer, missing most of the summer achievements and completely missing the Portal 2 event. Why should I be penalized for buying the game late and not being able to attain achievements? In any case, here's to hope that the devs will reinstate the achievements and bring back the GLADOS trader. I'd like to see that myself.

Upvote 0
When you two have quite finished throwing cow pies at each other...

We've said it before, will say it again: when we say something (event, achievement, special DLC) is available for a limited time only, it will always remain so. Otherwise it would be unfair to those who specifically went after it at the right time.

If that troubles you - sorry, but that is the way it is. If that makes you decide to never buy one of uor games again, we'll just have to live with that, too!

Upvote 0
It's a completely non-gameplay-affecting achievement, so I don't care all that much.

But I understand where people are coming from: Time limited stuff that you can NEVER get again but will see others with makes you feel like you "Missed the party" when you get into a community.

Gibby isn't really helping by trolling, then being openly hostile...

Reactions: EpharGy and borsdy
Upvote 0
I think it is awesome that Tripwire releases these awesome updates that temporarily change the game. The Christmas Event was awesome, the Portal Event was quite cool as well, and I am sure that this new Summer Event will be quite memorable. I know you guys put a ton of work into this, my clan appreciates all the hard work you do and I am sure the majority of the community does as well.
I couldnt agree more with this. I just purchased this game through steam and think that its a great idea with solid graphics and it delivers a double barrel of fun. However, on steam the very first video they have is of the summer sideshow "event". There was zero information on steam of how these limited time events work. I was truly hoping that the abusement park map and specimen skins were included with the package that I purchased. To my disappointment they were not and sadly this was the whole reason I bought the game to begin with. Not a big fan of clowns and the circus in general so blowing away circus freaks sounded appealing.

I will say however that I really enjoy the game regardless and am still happy i purchased it. Ive seen it suggested that the events open up the achievements only and leave the skins on their appropriate maps year round. I find this an excellent idea. Its just a texture, not sure why they cant be attached to their maps.

We've said it before, will say it again: when we say something (event, achievement, special DLC) is available for a limited time only, it will always remain so.
Seems fairly final... wish they would reconsider. I will continue to look for custom mods that add the event textures back to their respective maps. Truly hope someone smarter than me can get this pulled off, its been done with the Christmas mobs already. Would really like to see the halloween and most of all the summer event mobs added.

Upvote 0
When you two have quite finished throwing cow pies at each other...

We've said it before, will say it again: when we say something (event, achievement, special DLC) is available for a limited time only, it will always remain so. Otherwise it would be unfair to those who specifically went after it at the right time.

If that troubles you - sorry, but that is the way it is. If that makes you decide to never buy one of uor games again, we'll just have to live with that, too!

Thats just the way it is - 2pac - YouTube

Upvote 0