• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[KFWDT] Mac 11 Final

Come on, not Doctor House again!!!

house_of_the_undead_by_mishinsilo.jpg

haha xD but it'd br epic!

Upvote 0
Here it is , the definite final version of this weapon .

Improvements

• Iron Sight has been fixed,
  • Poly count has dropped from 9k to 7k,
  • Smoothed the front of the weapon,
  • Remodeled the Healing dart attach as well as added a longer "shooter",
  • Finished the magazine for animation purposes,
  • Added button for fire Healing Darts animation.
This weapon is now being textured ( me ), animated , boned and coded by John Lee.

Speak you're mind :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ps. The renders arent that great nor the editing of the image because it was done on a hurry.

Upvote 0
Here it is , the definite final version of this weapon .

Improvements

• Iron Sight has been fixed,
  • Poly count has dropped from 9k to 7k,
  • Smoothed the front of the weapon,
  • Remodeled the Healing dart attach as well as added a longer "shooter",
  • Finished the magazine for animation purposes,
  • Added button for fire Healing Darts animation.
This weapon is now being textured ( me ), animated , boned and coded by John Lee.

Speak you're mind :D

Spoiler!

Ps. The renders arent that great nor the editing of the image because it was done on a hurry.

i must say, this looks epic! :D i can't wait for the finished product!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello

Here's some updates on the textures, this is still a very early stage , and i dont think it will go much further on the next week cause i have to study -_-.

Texture will be darkened , or the back of the handle will be brightened.

Here it is the texture , please share you're toughs on this so it can get better.

Texture all done by me ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i just can't believe the amount of tri's you're using, it just seems totally unneccesary.

I know it produces an impressive model to show here - it always will - but modelling for games is about being selective, economical and effective.
Any one can make a decent looking weapon with that many polys, produce a convincing model with a smaller number thou is the real trick.

If you aim is the integration - possibly even official - into the game, why not try to roughly match the tri counts of the stock weapons for the sake of consistancy?
considering it's effectivly a box with a grip and a nozzle, you should probably aim even lower.
Let clever texturing do a lot of the work - after all it's free from a performance point of view.

Upvote 0
I understand you're point , But think for a bit , the game can handle it , it can undle up to 10k polys i believe , this weapon has 5k at the moment since we dropped some detail.

The point is , if the game can handle the detail why not ? I could add detail with texture, but the thing is , UT 2.5 can't handle Normal maps , cant handle displacements nor Bumps very well, so its just plain texture with a bit of gloss , so why not add detail on the mesh, we can have weapons with more detail than some other games which run on better engines if we push it to the limit.

Upvote 0
Heck I think the engine can take more then 20k polis. But some computers (which are dieing out) could have problems with it.
My 8800 Ultra died 4 days ago and while I'm waiting for the GTX 480, I use a X800 :D. Even this card can handle KF.
I know that the CPU has to get along with the polis but I think even a Pentium 4 with 3 ghz can handle 20k polis on a weapon, even if they are totally unnecessary.
So I don't see a problem in 5k polis... Why not use it if the engine supports it. Doom 2 times are over :rolleyes:.
In UT2k4 some of our weapons had about 12k polis (with hands)... No problem..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont know how many tris do Official guns have , but must be around 2k or even less. So most likely there are more 3k on this weapon.
Really?
Well I can say for sure that the hands alone have almost 5k faces, 6k with the arms included so that ammount should be fine though you could easily squeeze a ton of faces out of the grip since it's either off screen, covered or far away so no one will see if its shape isn't that ergonomical.

Upvote 0
So... low-end specs can expect a noticeable framerate drop when they'll grab this baby?

Well, seriously - first you reject akimbo idea because engine won't be able to deal with so many tris, then you say that you pack thousands of them into one weapon because engine will handle it... oh, come on! :]

Upvote 0
So... low-end specs can expect a noticeable framerate drop when they'll grab this baby?

Well, seriously - first you reject akimbo idea because engine won't be able to deal with so many tris, then you say that you pack thousands of them into one weapon because engine will handle it... oh, come on! :]

The engine can handle it and 5k polis aren't really much. Maybe for this gun but well i don't care as it looks good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0