• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[KFWDT] Mac 11 Final

One more Post , courtesy of John Lee who has helped already with the animation and stuff , Yes i've seen the model ingame , and looks amazing :p

Here it is the image of the gun in hand.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Weapon will be completed near Monday , tough it is not sure if we will release it as a mutator , or if we will send it to TWI for them to officially release it.

and to those who dont know im John Lee :p

Upvote 0
Thank you everyone again for the positive comments, i dont know if the game will support a Dual weild , since each weapon has around 8k poly..........

poly or tris? does it need to be 8k?
obviously the more you use the nicer it looks but i mean, well, the tanks in Red Orchestra for example are around 6000-6500 triangles (not polys) each.
seems like a lot - what do the current weapon models come in at?

Upvote 0
One more Post , courtesy of John Lee who has helped already with the animation and stuff , Yes i've seen the model ingame , and looks amazing :p

Here it is the image of the gun in hand.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Weapon will be completed near Monday , tough it is not sure if we will release it as a mutator , or if we will send it to TWI for them to officially release it.
Send it to TWI!!! I(or we) want to leveling with this gun.

It will be a waste if it just a mutator, right? So that have to be official, i just hope TWI will accept lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have talked to John Lee about it , and yea , We dont want it to be released as a mutator , We will send to TWI when ready and try making it an official update.

Yup it has around 7k verts i think, yes its a lot , but i did a lot of detail on the whole gun , and for example there are things i can take that wont be seen on the FOV of the player. Tough the game doesnt crash so i think the weapon being so many verts isnt a problem at all, my next weapon will be less ;)

Upvote 0
Try adding a suppressor. It'd give it a unique sound (if any). In real life the Mac-10 has such a large suppressor to serve as a grip, so why should it's successor be any different.

Now some info:
The MP7 has an RPM of 950, and the Mac-11 has an RPM of 1200. The standard mag of the Mac-11 is 16, and it goes up to 32. I'd suggest making it burst-fire, as the mag would go in little more than a second, with more spray and recoil than the MP7. It uses .380 ACP which is regarded as having insufficient stopping power.

It weighs 1.59kg, which is lighter than the MP7's 1.9kg. I would recommend making this weapon 2 blocks.

Upvote 0
Just want to said, ricardo_sousa11, you are the first one that make a good gun for KF to me. I love your gun.
I beg to differ.

Now some info:
The MP7 has an RPM of 950, and the Mac-11 has an RPM of 1200. The standard mag of the Mac-11 is 16, and it goes up to 32. I'd suggest making it burst-fire, as the mag would go in little more than a second, with more spray and recoil than the MP7. It uses .380 ACP which is regarded as having insufficient stopping power.

It weighs 1.59kg, which is lighter than the MP7's 1.9kg. I would recommend making this weapon 2 blocks.
Oh wow, that thing sounds even more inefficient than the mp7.
So this would elevate the mp7 to the position of a tier 2 weapon?
Well at least it doesn't weigh much...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because it haven't finish yet. lol

Just want to said, ricardo_sousa11, you are the first one that make a good gun for KF to me. I love your gun.

Well thank you ;)

I put a lot of effort on Detail and want everything to be perfect , tough that may cost some k's in Verts its way better than texture. I could reduce the poly count a loooot , by taking off mesh detail which can be added as texture detail such as the Bolt on top , some of the Screw's the gun has , even the shoulder part could be less detailed. But if the game runs it , why not ?

Thank you for the information candlejack , yes , it will have a bigger spread and more recoil than mp7, so we're thinking , either this one goes to tier 1 and Mp7 to tier 2 as 9_6 said , or we can try to put somethings that would make this one slightly better than Mp7 such as adding a bit more damage , since it has more Recoil/Spray and a faster reload, and of course being lighter.

Also , releasing it as a Mutator would kill the expectation :p

The HK MK23 is indeed a good weapon , its nicelly modelled and textured , tough in my opinion they saved too much and could have pushed the poly count way more adding more detail , also some textures are stretched. But its a nice model nonetheless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

And that's why it should have option to be dual-wielded :D

Upvote 0
We will do it as a single wield weapon ( sorry guys ), for 2 main reasons , First off the model itself has already 8k poly , so 2 models would reach a whooping 16k. I could however model it with less poly , but it wouldn't have as much detail as this one has. And the 2nd reason is indeed the Dart shooter. Which doesn't appear on the weapon cause im modeling it right now :p ( more 10 minutes ).

But hey , this is not a one gun project, more will come , and will have a lot more detail , What weapon would you like to see in game ?

Upvote 0
I don't know what software you're using, but some of them have quite good tools for reducing the poly count while preserving the looks. Well, at least that was the case when I modelled stuff for Quake 3, a bunch of years ago :D

Also, I don't see how dual wielding would interfere with alt fire medical dart - flashlight works fine with dual 9MM's.

Upvote 0
I would like to see a sanw-off shotgun. Perhaps a Remington 870 sawn-off, similar to The Joker's from The Dark Knight. Low weight, low cost, low pellet count, high spread. I could see it working, even if only as a last resort weapon.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I went for some lunch and left the thread open, making me forgot I had already posted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0