• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

• Realism Mode: No unlocks/upgrades

Votes: 116 10.8%
  • Realism Mode: More changes to game play in this mode (sway/speed/fatigue, ie: More realistic)

Votes: 511 47.6%
  • UI: Improved Commander system (removing arty targets from map, more )

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • UI: Improved notifications (pop up vote system, visual/audio feedback of votes, more)

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • General: Enhanced Game play (work on spawn systems/protection/game modes)

Votes: 95 8.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Coop

Votes: 35 3.3%
  • Missed launch functionality: Online Campaign

Votes: 52 4.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Additional Clan/Server/Client Functionality

Votes: 27 2.5%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Bleeding, bandaging

Votes: 33 3.1%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Limb Deactivation on Damage

Votes: 50 4.7%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Improved squad system (interface, functionality)

Votes: 83 7.7%
  • Tanks: Reduced max tank limit (Improved tank stability/functionality and additional map content)

Votes: 55 5.1%

• Total voters
I think the first priority should be selectable weapon unlocks... I'm living in fear of the day I unlock the optic for the MKb again.

After that, the realism mode of course. I'd really love to see the weapons perform as close to their real life counterparts as possible, with no modifications for balance. I don't mind being killed by "overpowered" weapons if that's how they really work. Adapt and overcome, there isn't THAT much of a gap between the teams' armaments.

Reactions: Needles and Eule
Upvote 0
I'm living in fear of the day I unlock the optic for the MKb again.

Easy kills without skills...

This weapon should be limited, only one soldier should use it.
I tried to play it a bit, and is ridiculously good, like railgun from far, and like Heavy MG in close range.

As evidence that almost did not use this gun.

My assault

My MKB 42

Edit:

I know that a lot of fun when you kill a lot and easy way, but there is also Bolt Action Rifle players.
Keep it in mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Needles
Upvote 0
I tried to play it a bit, and is ridiculously good, like railgun from far, and like Heavy MG in close range.

Only the first shot hit the aimed point exactly...the second shot which should be nearly same position like the first shot of the burst already has a huge amount of upleveling recoil.
A 2 shot burst may be helpful in case you stand 10 meters in front of the enemy and aim on his balls -> then the 1 shot hit the balls and the second the head XD

Finally....you stand there and have to fire single shots to hit the enemy (burst are not helpful).

In this (semi automatic use) the MkB has same issues like a SVT 40 rifle but with a bigger magazine.
But the SVT 40 should have a bigger upleveling /general spread than the Mkb if you do rapid single shots.

It is an endless story in this game.

-The accuracy of the weapons with their first shot IS MUCH TOO HIGH (especially after fast switch to iron sights or standing instead of laying or after exhausting running) .
-
On the other side the barrel upleveling aspect of the recoil of automatic weapons is much too high (especially if you look at Mkb and light machine guns).
-The general spread (homogen "Gau

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey now, MKb isn't my favorite weapon. In fact, I'd say AVT/SVT are more powerful in my hands as I tend to hit with my first shot, mostly because I don't fire unless I know I can hit.

MKb is just tied with K98k as my favorite weapon because they're just fun as hell to shoot for some inexplicable reason. A lot of times I can get as many kills with the K98k as the MKb, using very different tactics. You just won't see me rushing into a cap zone with the K98k like I do with the MKb. It's actually inferior to the SVT and Mauser at medium to long range if you've got good accuracy. More often than not it seems to take 2 torso shots to kill with the MKb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eule
Upvote 0
I bought two copies of the game at launch, one for me, one for my brother. We're both pretty disappointed with the game and I think to make it better the two "Realism Mode" options and "General: Enhanced Game play" have to be worked on.

If the game had coop though, we would play that once, regardless of any other chances... Not the most important addition/change for the game to get better, but an addition that would get us, personally, playing for a bit.

(until we're done with the campaign. Then we'll put the game aside again until the actually important changes are more or less made and we, personally, find the game fun)

btw. say what you will about RO2, your support for your games is outstanding! Keep at it!

Upvote 0
Yeah Murph, I think thats why the vote is so heavily stacked in favour of the realism modes. Whats the point of other improvements / a campaign when the game itself is frustrating to play?

They should pick the 3 highest ranked items off of there, then put up this poll again later with these options and a few more. At that time I can see the campaign mode getting some good votes.

Reactions: Apos
Upvote 0
Not surprised to, as always, see no mention of fixing the god-aweful close range hit detection. Worst 40 bucks I ever spent (well, next to Stronghold 3, I s'pose).

See OP post:

Merry almost Christmas/Hanukkah/Festivus everyone!...

As we continue our work on performance we have also shifted towards more bug fixes and gameplay changes. As we have stated before, we prioritize what bugs to hit first based on what the community is reporting to us. We will be spending more time in this area as performance is shaping up...

This was a post about possible gameplay changes. It is stated that they are working on bug fixes, I'm sure there is no need to mention them all when the post isn't specifically about them :D

Upvote 0
This was a post about possible gameplay changes. It is stated that they are working on bug fixes, I'm sure there is no need to mention them all when the post isn't specifically about them :D
The problem is that the phenomenon that people call the "close-range hit detection bug" is not a bug at all. It's a natural and expected result of their networking design. The system is flawed not because of a bug, but because it's actually supposed to be that way.

Upvote 0
I voted for limb deactivation as it is the biggest immersion killer for me. However, if things such as limping are introduced, I want bandaging to be able to “heal/repair” it.

I would also like to say to TWI that as of the latest patch, my performance has increased greatly and I have played more hours than the beta and prior combined. This really does feel like the good ol RO:CA days.

The only thing stopping this from achieving greatness FOR ME is the ridiculous target leading. That and the forced weapon optic upgrades.

Honestly, I’m having so much fun amidst the chaos of Stalingrad

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0