• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Best Commando loadout?

AK+SCAR+Katana can make you achieve your foremost point; trash cleaning.

For taking out awkward targets I'd rather prefer AK+an off-perk weapon, such as; AK+LaR or AK+Shotgun then I load my way to AK+M32. Don't underestimate the powers of a fast reloading shotgun. Now come to think of it even Hunting could be nice on Commando.

SCAR+xbow is pretty effective, as long as you don't play HoE. Stacking kills with one bolt and cutting thru the heads. You can deal with Scrakes pretty easily but Fleshpound is still a problem.

Upvote 0
The reload speed of the bullpup is really fast compared to the other weapons, and the magazine is larger. I prefer it over the ak in lower difficulties because it can maintain a steady rate of fire, and the sights are much better for headshots. In suicidal and HoE, I prefer scar+ak47 because of the faster and damage output requirement. Scar ammo seems to last longer than ak or bullpup for my playing style.

For maps like gas station, I prefer loadouts such as Scar + Crossbow, or Scar + M32.

Upvote 0
Experience lead me to believe how semi-useful the Commando really is, especially with the weapons. I tend to get one of what ever kind of AR I can get and carry something else like an LAR or Crossbow. If landing a good head shot on a scrake with the crossbow, it'll at least be stunned, at least in some cases. Been hearing the LAR is much more effective than Crossbow on bigger guys in Hard mode and over, but never tested that theory and whether it'll only work with the sharpshooters. Enjoyed the fast reload, so it made the set up tolerable and I felt a bit more useful when stunning the big guys. Requires a sharp eye, but it worked out for me.

Upvote 0
Experience lead me to believe how semi-useful the Commando really is, especially with the weapons. I tend to get one of what ever kind of AR I can get and carry something else like an LAR or Crossbow. If landing a good head shot on a scrake with the crossbow, it'll at least be stunned, at least in some cases. Been hearing the LAR is much more effective than Crossbow on bigger guys in Hard mode and over, but never tested that theory and whether it'll only work with the sharpshooters. Enjoyed the fast reload, so it made the set up tolerable and I felt a bit more useful when stunning the big guys. Requires a sharp eye, but it worked out for me.

Only one thing you need to know, xbow dont stun scrakes off perk on suicidal and HoE.

Upvote 0
RE: Best loadout for commando ( My opinion )

RE: Best loadout for commando ( My opinion )

Lvl 6 commando. I prefer SCAR+M79 and dual 44.s' or HC's.
Due the m79, you can single-handedly take down FP as Commando, by nade' stacking and detonating them with m79. If they wont die on detonation, its easy to end them with SCAR, main weapon of course, but if i get cornered, i take my HC's. I have confirmed this tactic can provide heavy support and standalone runs.
Only minus that really gets new players angred is that nade stacking can be fatal.

Upvote 0
I think if you intend you carry your weight as commando, you need to use the AK/SCAR combo.

In order for a commando to exceed or equal the utility of playing a sharpshooter instead, the commando has to be extremely good at popping heads and making sure trash doesn't close. I say this because a pretty good sharpshooter can kill trash almost as effectively as a really good commando, and it's only at this point that it's really worth going commando. If a player isn't really quick with his aim, he's much better off playing sharpshooter because he'd still have the trash-killing power but would now also be able to handle scrakes/husks/sirens.

If you're referring to fun though, this is irrelevant. Then I'd probably go with SCAR/Bullpup/something.

Upvote 0
If I don't have any Sharpshooters on my team, or any reliable ones that are not using the Xbow, I'll carry the Xbow. Otherwise, the AK/SCAR combo is the best at clearing trash, the role of the commando. The commando can be flexible, but is not a class I'd really consider changing weapon loadouts due to the very specialized role of trash-clearing. People who keep touting the SCAR/M32 loadout don't know what they're talking about due to the near impossibility of attaining $2500 in the course of the game unless a demo teammate buys it for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It all depends.

If you're playing a wide open area, and you can afford to let the zeds "bleed out", the M4 is a headshot machine and only takes 1 headshot to decap/kill trash mobs(same as ak, but the M4 gives you more ammo).

If you're playing a close quarters map, the AK's power is much more useful as it can easily shred through any trash, while it is also a decent weapon for headshots(if you can use the sights).

As for your backup weapon, it should always be the SCAR. The scar is possibly the most powerful all around weapon in the game. That being said, if you ever have to regain your ground or finish off a weakened scrake or fleshpound, the scar is definitely the weapon to use.

Upvote 0
For me on standard content would be:
SCAR + AK47 + MP7M/MP5M (if you can get it). Make sure you use the AK47 first in Semi-Automatic which will save you so much ammo and your better weapon can be swapped out in full auto to help kill the bigger specimens (depending on how the team is playing). Once you have gone through the AK47, Semi-Automatically use the SCAR until the big one come like previously. The MP7M/MP5M is there for backup as sometimes the odd moment is missed and that could cost someone their life so having that long range advantage helps a lot (or the 4 x healing in a few seconds).

Make sure you aim at the head for best amount of damage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0