• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. vealck

PC Xbow bug

Category: Animation Reproducibility: Always Summary: Xbow appears loaded when it's not Description: The bug is simple: when you interrupt reloading animation (bash/sprint), the xbow will look like is loaded (there's a bolt and everything), but actually isn't (current ammo counter shows 0)...
  2. vealck

Zed spawning system

I would like to discuss the zed spawning system in KF2. Can we know something about it at this point? I guess I'll point out here the main issues that we have in KF1 to make sure they are being addressed in the coming sequel. Line of sight check Well, let's face it, spawning system in KF1 is...
  3. vealck

KFO-Transit broken

When I play solo or host a listen server, there is no weapons, no zeds, and can't open first door. When I try to connect to some other server, some are ok, but most of them shows package version mismatch. Verified KF cache twice already, it reported 1 corrupted file and said it would be...
  4. vealck

Scrake Marathon

Scrake Marathon Rules are simple: Hoe, 6 players spawned, testmap, dedicated server. Pick perk and loadout of your choosing. Zerk is not allowed due to unlimited ammo. Get full armor and ammo. Start spawning and killing scrakes in the testmap lane. Edit: One scrake at a time. No healing. No...
  5. vealck

Tactics 9MM challenge!

9MM challenge aiming OP! Rules are as follows: hell on earth, one player, sharpshooter perk, and as the name suggests - you kill everything with your 9MM only. No other weapons, no armor, no grenades allowed. you are allowed to switch to knife for running anytime you want, but don't use it to...
  6. vealck

Tactics New toys in action

So, how's going playing with the new toys? So far came up with two demo combos for 6man HoE: Scrake: 6-pack to the face, reload, change to spikegun, empty the mag (don't reload) - this stuns the SC - two hand grenades and another 6pack to finish the job. FP: 3 spikes (don't reload), two hand...
  7. vealck

Tactics Light Squad Challenge!

Light Squad Challenge General idea: hell on earth difficulty, you play with only one, class-specific, low or mid-tier weapon. Of course you're also allowed to buy armor and use default equipment: 9mm, knife, grenades. Also, machete is allowed for all perks but zerker. Additionally, to spice...
  8. vealck

Tactics Knife'em All Challenge

So... with the ongoing debate of zerker being overpowered and all, me and my buddy came up with an idea: Knife'em All Challenge (dunno, maybe somebody did this before?) Rules are simple enough: hell on earth, one player, and as the name suggests - you kill everything with your knife only. No...
  9. vealck

A way to make zerk's life more interesting...

In other words, I thought about a way to make gameplay as a zerk a little more challenging without changing the stats - just by adjusting zed behavioural patterns. Surely every zerk knows that irritating moments when zeds have some 'trouble' with the pathing in close quarters, and instead...
  10. vealck

Tactics The most useless offperk weapon

Playing most times as a medic I usually depend on offperk weapons. But some of them are just a bad choice. So, as the title says, vote! Nominees are: Mac 10 (too much spread to aim off sights, too low power for panic weapon) M4 203 (price is insane even for demo, reload times, shared...
  11. vealck

Resolution for the weapon order issues

Ok, so lots of people are unsatisfied with weapon's order in their categories, as we see on flamethrower/mac thread, and so on. I came up with an idea after playing a medic with MP5, M79 and LAR (all belonging in the same weapon slot). Let's just say my team was poorly healed and crawlers were...
  12. vealck

Bullpup revival thread

I think good ol' bullpup became severely under-appreciated these days. I mean, some of you surely remember its golden days when it was the only commando weapon :rolleyes: Now, to see someone using it is a rarity, especially on suicidal and HoE. It's either a weapon you buy if you happen to have...
  13. vealck

Tactics How long levelling medic really takes

Some time ago I bought another copy of KF on some nice sale (about 3$!), got a new steam account and began my experiment: how long it takes to level medic in an actual gameplay (no grinding). I played on hard (didn't want to be kicked all the time), used my standard medic loadout (Medgun, HC...
  14. vealck

Tactics Advanced tactics: doors

Here are some tips how to use doors to your advantage, aside from just welding them. Bottlenecking: So let's say you realize you're about to be overwhelmed and run from a horde. Multiple gorefasts and stalkers are already breathing down your neck, and something big approaches. Narrow...
  15. vealck

Search & Destroy

Allright. Don't know about you, but I'm a little tired by both of the common playing strategies. Right now it's either berserker gang kiting everything for hours or bunch of supports and demos just sitting in one tight spot. Come on, KF-Departed, for example, is a big, beautiful and detailed map...
  16. vealck

Blacklist/Greylist

Since greylist exist, I cannot fathom why on earth blacklist is still needed anyway? (I know, there is no such a thing as blacklist, really, it's just the default state of things for non-verified content) If greylisted mods/maps prevent you from levelling, the goal is achieved. There is no...
  17. vealck

Level Design Map request - foglondon

I'd very much like to see a foggy version of westlondon. The way I see it: pale colors, white ambient glow, visibility severely limited (even more than on Grimpen), fires extinguished, and some ambient spooky music. Anyone interested in making that remix? :) Also, poll - yay or nay.
  18. vealck

LAW is still dangerous

In last patches some efforts have been made to make LAW more playable, most notably increasing the 'safe range' at which a rocket arms, to prevent players killing themselves by accidental stalker shots and explosions on too close targets. Yet, still one problem remains: nearby grenade...
  19. vealck

HoE solo review by Agent_Vealckowsky

Ok, so I finally decided to give a solo Hell on Earth a try. Here's my thoughts about the new difficulty setting and balance changes in general. Firstly, transition from old suicidal was barely noticeable in gameplay. My old strategy was just fine. Start as a demo to get GL and pipes, on wave 2...
  20. vealck

Enhanced ZEDs

Many people wanted harder difficulty setting than suicidal, but general consensus was that instead of making specimen faster and tougher, they should gain some unique abilities. In this thread we post propositions that are both reasonable and rather easy to implement. Here's mine: Clot Never...