• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics How long levelling medic really takes

vealck

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Some time ago I bought another copy of KF on some nice sale (about 3$!), got a new steam account and began my experiment: how long it takes to level medic in an actual gameplay (no grinding).

I played on hard (didn't want to be kicked all the time), used my standard medic loadout (Medgun, HC, Katana and M79 when I could afford it). Only switched perks to sharpshooter on wave 1 (to earn some money quickly) and to demo on patty.

Here are the results:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

General strategy:

1) pick hard difficulty server, preferably with low-levels.
2) don't let them die
3) ???
4) profit

Getting level 6 should take twice as much time, but I believe it's perfectly possible to get it from scratch within 20hrs with some dedication and luck.

Now stop complaining that it takes forever, go there and heal some people! :IS2:

Not twice, but four times longer, because reaching level 6 requires 100k healing points, but to get level 5 - only 25k. So it is about 40 hours of gameplay, which is pretty long.
That's what annoys me, every other Perk it takes 2mil damage to get to level 5, then 2mil damage to get to level 6. Medic it's 4 times longer. Also moving up to Suicidal is a nice idea, but people still only have 100 hitpoints total. You're just more likely to have people die.

Upvote 0
Oh yeah, 100k, totally forgot. I feel so silly right now. Still, medic was the second LVL6 I got on the previous account, with 1st one being sharpshooter.

That's what annoys me, every other Perk it takes 2mil damage to get to level 5, then 2mil damage to get to level 6. Medic it's 4 times longer. Also moving up to Suicidal is a nice idea, but people still only have 100 hitpoints total. You're just more likely to have people die.

Mind that most other perks gets +10% boost to their primary stats (like damage) while advancing from level 5 to level 6. Medic gets +50% to syringe recharge speed and +25% to both damage resistance and injection potency. So, technically speaking, level 6 medic is more something like level 8 perk.

Upvote 0
I'm doing a similar experiment with sharp shooter.

I got to level 4 in 8.6 hours. This also includes some Patriarch battles and time spent dead where I wasn't accomplishing anything toward leveling up. So that means level 6 would take around 30 hours.

But, I'm already pretty familiar with headshot hitboxes and all that stuff already, so I don't know how closely this relates to how quickly a new player would be getting headshots.

It's sort of neat to go back and see the game from that perspective again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not twice, but four times longer, because reaching level 6 requires 100k healing points, but to get level 5 - only 25k. So it is about 40 hours of gameplay, which is pretty long.

Hmm, that might sound like it makes sense, but really when you're level 5 your healing bonuses are a lot higher, so you can do more healing in the same amount of time. You can effectively play Sui/HoE as a level 5 medic too, so you'll be healing faster, and more often. I didn't actually think medic or commando were too difficult to level, although that's probably coz I took a break for a month or so after getting level 5 for both of them xD

Upvote 0