• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scrake Marathon

vealck

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Scrake Marathon

Rules are simple:

Hoe, 6 players spawned, testmap, dedicated server.
Pick perk and loadout of your choosing.
Zerk is not allowed due to unlimited ammo.
Get full armor and ammo.
Start spawning and killing scrakes in the testmap lane.
Edit: One scrake at a time.

No healing.
No armor refills.
No ammo refills.
One dead scrake is one point.
You die, the game is over.

Edit: You can throw empty weapons away so they don't cycle.

Post your score, perk and loadouts here. Good luck :)
And let's face it, 25 points as M99 sharp most likely will not impress anyone.

Last edited:
I think I did it wrong ;-; How many are you supposed to spawn? One by one is a bit meh.

I got about 35 points before I got bored, and then started spawning them 5 at a time....

I used Support with a Katana, Hunting Shotgun and a Combat Shotgun (unused mk23). Totaled 48 points before running out of HS ammo and having to use CS spam only.

I am terribad at HoE, and even worse at Jumpshots.... Hence my 48 points..

Fun challenge though with Derp loadouts/ Scrake Spam :D

Upvote 0
Musket, MK23, Handcannon and Dual Magnums.
46 points.
Used 1 musket shot, swapped to whatever pistol and shot the appropriate amount of times depending on pistol while head was down, swapped back to musket for the kill.

46 Scrakes - YouTube

I don't like the flashing red so I dun really wanna do a1eat0r's. lol

Also had to do it on solo - I didn't see any servers running testmaps it when I wanted to try.

Upvote 0
Un-optimized run :
Sharpie
56 scarkes
M14, LAR, SPLM, HC
56.png

I'll do it again later with this loadout mixing in the HC to save ammo for the 3 rifles.

Upvote 0
Actually, this is a thing I didn't think of. Spawning multiple scrakes at once with m99 gave exactly 70 points (3 spawned, 2 die from one shot, the remaining one requires additional 10 9mm shots).

So I guess we should stick to one scrake at a time rule...?

Wait. 70 points?

I thought the scoring system was just one point per kill. Is it extra points for multi-kill or is there alternative scoring?

@a1eat0r I'm gonna try this. Does anyone know the exact threshold for the increased recoil? Does it increase based on depletion of health or is it a flat rate once you hit critical health?

Such questions. Much ask. More know. :p

Upvote 0
I thought the scoring system was just one point per kill. Is it extra points for multi-kill or is there alternative scoring?
Nah, it's just you can kill three scrakes at once with one m99 bullet and 10 9mm rounds that you gotta shoot in the last of them, which will be almost dead and stunned. When you run out of 9mm ammo you can still kill 2 at once with remaining m99 shots, so all this amounts to crazy 70 dead scrakes with just 25 m99 rounds and whole 9mm ammo total.

Similar thing could be done with crossbow ans shotguns due to penetration (more than one scrake at a time), so I think we should agree on one scrake at a time rule.

Also had to do it on solo - I didn't see any servers running testmaps it when I wanted to try.
Well, the dedicated versus listen server is mainly an issue when you pick support or demo (damage counting on listen/solo is broken and you can get more kills with the same amount of ammo than someone on a dedicated server). It won't affect sharpie's performance, though :)

Upvote 0
Score: 0
Perk: Level 2 SharpShooter
Loadout: Dual HC, Dual 44 Magnum, Dual 9mm Pistol

Died while reloading 44 Magnum.

^^ I love this. Not you dying but..... you know...

Nah, it's just you can kill three scrakes at once with one m99 bullet and 10 9mm rounds that you gotta shoot in the last of them, which will be almost dead and stunned. When you run out of 9mm ammo you can still kill 2 at once with remaining m99 shots, so all this amounts to crazy 70 dead scrakes with just 25 m99 rounds and whole 9mm ammo total.

Similar thing could be done with crossbow ans shotguns due to penetration (more than one scrake at a time), so I think we should agree on one scrake at a time rule.

Definitely one at a time :D

Okay now I get it, I thought you meant 70 points from 3 Scrake kills lol.

And Xbow is definitely a challenge breaker in my opinion, I used it on my first try as Sharpie, with Xbow and HC and it was just too easy/ unfair. I rarely ran out of ammo because of the softening and penetration, as well as the collectible bolts.

I think i'm going to try a Seeker Six attempt, I'll report my findings in a bit ;p
And maybe a Commando/ armourless Medic run later.

Upvote 0
And Xbow is definitely a challenge breaker in my opinion, I used it on my first try as Sharpie, with Xbow and HC and it was just too easy/ unfair. I rarely ran out of ammo because of the softening and penetration, as well as the collectible bolts.

It's unfair because you're breaking a rule.

Scrake Marathon

Rules are simple:
[...]

No ammo refills.
Grabbing the bolt is refilling ammo.

Upvote 0
And how exactly that all fits into inventory...?
23/15. Start support, change perk to sharp.
Same combo - M14, LAR, SPLM, HC
Same perk - 6 sharp
70 Scrakes

Spoiler!

Damage report -
missed -
3 SP shots
4 LAR shots
3 M14 shot

Last scrake all I had was 9mm, 5 nades and 1 LAR shot. It may have been possible to kill it, but I didn't, due to being hit earlier due to slip ups. I theorize a minimum of 2 more scrakes could be killed if there were no misses. Maybe 3 if I were to not get hit and my last kill was grenade/9mm.

Upvote 0
The whole thing has two dimensions:

1) skill - killing as much as you can while avoiding mistakes so you don't die
2) planning - getting an optimal loadout that would last you for the most kills

Using inventory exploit completely defeats the second aspect. You could as well just throw some extra stuff on the floor and switch when you're out, or get into trader.

Also, every perk is a league of its own. Killing 30 scrakes as sharp cannot be really compared to killing 15 as a commando.

Upvote 0
Sharp, 54
SPM, HC, Mk23, .44, 9mm.
Left me with exactly 0 ammo in every weapon listed above after killing 54th.
A little different from Skell, I predamaged sc to the verge of rage with pistol, stunned with one musket shot and finished with pistol. When I ran out of ammo in every handgun, I still had 8 musket shots to kill another 2 scs.

Commando, 20
Scar, FAL, katana (flinch)

and also fooled with slowrage bug for fun, but it's not that much better, 22
Xbow, scar, 9mm (Last one died from knife, as I ran out of all ammo :D )

Last edited:
Upvote 0