• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tanks in ROHOS

If there won't be riding on tanks if there are tanks this time, i would be rather dissapointed.

Especially as there werent many armored personell carriers by that time as lend lease wasn't in full kicks. And as twi doesnt want gaz trucks as they shouldnt be on the frontline, that only leaves tank riding as a viable option. Some of the faster light tanks would be ideal for transport in a multiplayer game.

Even though personally prefer maps where you don't need transport to get to your location, i wouldnt like it if mappers didnt have the ability to give the player a form transport.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh trucks aren't THAT bad :D

so long as you can fit more than 2 people in them by allowing players to hop in the truckbed.....whatever Arad RealForests map it is with the trucks, it's always so disappointing to see only a driver and one rider in them when i blow them up with my panther :p

If there will be trucks, I will be disappointed. Like Zets, myself and many others have stated many, many times, trucks should not be anywhere near the actual combat zone.

Yeah, trucks might be nice turkey shoot, but nothing else...I hope you just have to settle down to mowing tankovy desantniki down from the hull of T-34 with MG. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If there will be trucks, I will be disappointed. Like Zets, myself and many others have stated many, many times, trucks should not be anywhere near the actual combat zone.

Yeah, trucks might be nice turkey shoot, but nothing else...I hope you just have to settle down to mowing tankovy desantniki down from the hull of T-34 with MG. :)

Unless of course one group is getting caught in a pincer move, and pinchee army wasn't expecting to be in the front lines. Say a convoy getting caught. I recall Stalingrad was surrounded via pincer move.

That said, I don't think it's worth putting them in just for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think that if you have 90mm panzerglass that the inpact point from a rifle will become a white dot. But everything around will still mostly be ok to look through with maybe a few fracture lines.

I'm all for showing the effects of bullets hitting the panzerglass, but its worth looking into what the exact effect is when hit with a rifle.

At the very least, no one has yet explored what would happen if a PzB 39 or PTRD 41 round hit the glass at close range.

Granted, this is almost too severe of a simulation for Red Orchestra, considering Tripwire didn't even seem positive on whether or not to have combined arms recently.

Upvote 0
I wouldnt mind trucks, motorcycles and jeeps.

However these vehicles were unarmoured and a pistol round should pretty much go through the platework. Aka a smg firing at someone with a motorcycle should have a good chance of taking him down, and if thats the case they can't rambo the battlefield like they can now.

As currently small arms fire pretty much cannot stop people on motorcycles the only way to stop them is to faust or satchel them (or hit them with a tank). If every pistol and smg can stop them with ease, then i doubt spam would be an issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i was being relatively sarcastic about the trucks :D

the example of arad real forests brought up another issue.....motorcycles. no. just no.

I don't mind transport vehicles being in the game, but if people are worried about players driving them all over the map/frontlines which wouldn't happen in real life, then how about make the maps so that you can only take these vehicles from spawn to perhaps the closest cap zone and that's it? (Or somewhere close to it)

They're good for getting people to one spot quickly, which was their main use in the first place, and I think transport from spawn to a short distance on the map wouldn't be too bad, so long as they can't get out in the battle area.

The commander could also use this to their advantage by having trasport vechiles exclusive to a certain area where they could use it to mark a spot and drive to the radio back in spawn quickly to call in arty.

Just an idea.

From what I remember, the Russian Truck was put in as an equivilant transport vehicle to the German's half-track. The half-track had a machine gun and more armoured, but the transport truck was quicker.

I wouldnt mind trucks, motorcycles and jeeps.

However these vehicles were unarmoured and a pistol round should pretty much go through the platework. Aka a smg firing at someone with a motorcycle should have a good chance of taking him down, and if thats the case they can't rambo the battlefield like they can now.

As currently small arms fire pretty much cannot stop people on motorcycles the only way to stop them is to faust or satchel them (or hit them with a tank). If every pistol and smg can stop them with ease, then i doubt spam would be an issue.

Agreed.... it does seem to take a lot of bullets to damage or take out a truck or motocycle & drivers/riders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Realistically speaking you wouln't see trucks and motorcycles etc on the frontline. Usually they drive people to a few kilometers of the battle. But the reason why they werent on the frontline was because they could easily be damaged, so thats why i wouldnt mind having them as long as they are as easy to damage as they should be.

But primarily i hope that tankriding will be in as the russians pretty much had no armoured troup transport. But riding on top of tanks was quite common.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Guys, whats with damaged tracks?
How about to be able to repair it on the field?
Its quite unrealistic and annoying to sit inside stuck tank with damaged tracks, without possibility to repair.
In should be possible to move in circles with 1 damaged track.
It would be nice if we could repair tracks lets say in 1 minute.
With option to decrease that time to 30-40 seconds, if we do it with 2 men.
If track repair is implemented, we could have a bigger chance to damage it, especially using HE hitting tracks.

Upvote 0
But on the contrary, repairing tracks in the middle of the combat is very unrealistic indeed.

I could surprise you, but sometimes repairing a track in the middle of the combat can save your crew life.
If you will search in memoirs of ww2, you will find, that repairing tracks during a battle were occurred many many times. The only question is how much time should it take in game?

Upvote 0
Regarding 30 minutes.... Some battles in RL take WEEKS. But in RO it takes MINUTES. I believe you agree with this timing, since you don't want to sit behind your PC for a week.
Same with repairing tracks.

RO depicts combat on the scale of a squad to platoon. The 15-60 combat window is, for most purposes, realistic.

Track repair was mostly done AFTER a battle. It takes a long, long time and normally involved the assistance of other crew or vehicles. Mobility kills are important, and repairing a tank tread in a minute is ridiculous.

Upvote 0