• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra adds Steamworks

some things are nice of this update but indeed the amiss of the buddies list is great for quickly finding good servers where a lot of your buddies play on together. Instead of just 1 buddy playing in some empty server.

Whats nice of steam is that it can launch and find ro servers outside of ro although xfire can do that too.

I do like the security things though ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ACK. Please re-add the buddy list.

Steam integration is a nice feature, but I don't see any disadvantage to keep the old way of finding buddies playing a game. Especially the possiblity to add wildcards to find clans playing was nice.

Another odd problem I noticed is that only one of my five servers running on the same box appears in the steam list. All of them are updated and can be joined the old way in RO.

Upvote 0
I still fail to see how the "Steam Friends" thing can replace a simple and easy to use "Community Feature" that the friends list was ( even as simple as it was ). Through i use the steam friends thinngy to keep in touch with people but the older system was just so nice...Still i think it only makes things alot more complicated for a small player base like RO has at the moment.;)

Upvote 0
One of the reasons why I disabled steam ingame overlay when it was added, was that I didn't want to see any distracting messages when I'm playing. Now when I'm pretty much forced to use the ingame overlay, I could maybe turn off the message notifications and other similar options in the Friends tab of the Steam settings. But then I'll lose the functionality that I want when I'm not ingame. I really haven't found a way to have different settings ingame and in windows.

Upvote 0
ACK. Please re-add the buddy list.

Steam integration is a nice feature, but I don't see any disadvantage to keep the old way of finding buddies playing a game. Especially the possiblity to add wildcards to find clans playing was nice.

Another odd problem I noticed is that only one of my five servers running on the same box appears in the steam list. All of them are updated and can be joined the old way in RO.

Re update them Ueber, we found a problem where severs on the same IP different port were not showing, and pushed a update out for it.

Upvote 0
Thanks to devs for a long-waited RO update.
About buddies list & search, tell me how to use wildcards like [ClanTag]* was in the old way, otherwise let me say that "Yes, I DO HATE CHANGES when the new thing is worst then the old one".
And sorry, but let me unconditionally say that Alt-Tabbing while playing is a really drawback. I don't know your situation, but on my machines I always have to wait about 4 to 7 seconds when I switch from RO to any other non-DirectX apps, and this is really annoying.

Keep up the good work though ;)

Upvote 0