• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why and how did you choose your (ingame) nick

the first part is easy:

Tomcat-11.jpg.jpg

The 2nd part ha is what just came out after i typed tomcat. It could have turned into tomcat fuh for example.

Upvote 0
bad ass guy from Band of Brothers of course

Well, almost..mebbe it's SpIErs ... actually I've seen it spelt both ways so I need to dust off my copy to check.

Mine - the brave idealist leader of a band of Ukrainian Anarchist fighters renowned for their cunning and principle. He wouldn't side fully with the Reds or the Whites and had no truck with the Greens, Poles or Germans, playing by his own rules, and was therefore derided as a bandit afterwards. He and his lieutenants walked into the centre of a host of cossacks and shot their leader, Hrihorieff, dead for being a pogromchik. The cossacks let him and his lieutenants walk for displaying balls of steel like that.

Oh, and, after his betrayal by the Reds, he died an embittered alcoholic in Paris :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Way back in 1998 I clicked on the "Multiplayer" button in a flight sim game called Israeli Air Force which was my first online gaming experience ever. It took about 10 minutes of trying to mash random words together before I came up with 'DrGuppy'. There's no meaning behind it at all but it's stuck ever since.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
At my neighbor's house where several of us would meet after work and on the weekends to 'appreciate the varieties and complexities of beer', my neighbor was in the habit of calling everyone 'MOE'. It was soon taken up by all of us, and everyone called everyone 'MOE' while we were there drinking.

- 'Hey Moe!'
- 'Who Me?'
- 'No, Moe!' ...... etc

When I had to create a game name for Unreal Tournament, 'MOE' was appropriate and I added the 'Mr' to make it sound more....formal. I have used it ever since.

Upvote 0
At my neighbor's house where several of us would meet after work and on the weekends to 'appreciate the varieties and complexities of beer', my neighbor was in the habit of calling everyone 'MOE'. It was soon taken up by all of us, and everyone called everyone 'MOE' while we were there drinking.

- 'Hey Moe!'
- 'Who Me?'
- 'No, Moe!' ...... etc

When I had to create a game name for Unreal Tournament, 'MOE' was appropriate and I added the 'Mr' to make it sound more....formal.

hm, always thought it came from the submarine episode of the simpsons :)

[Homer Voice][SIZE=-1]Mr. Moe, prepare to surface[/SIZE][/Homer Voice] :D

Upvote 0
I took mine from the old tv sitcom with Jim Nabors. I needed a name when I started playing RO and that was the first thing that came to mind. It fit pretty well. Like my namesake, I can screw up royally at times but usually come out fine in the end.

I eventually decided I wanted something that fit RO better. In the novel "The Eagle Has Landed" a german paratrooper named Werner Briegle took the name Kunicki when he landed in England disguised as a Polish paratrooper. I figured a name like Werner Kunicki would fit on either team.

Lately I've been playing as Sammy. Simple and easy to hear when there's a lot of chatter and battle noise.

Upvote 0
Mine comes from a hair simulation package for 3dSMax back in the days.
I thought a SasQuatch was a small cute furry animal for 2 years. :( Seriously. I'm that ignorant.
Everybody calls me 'Sassie' for short, and thinks I'm a girl. :(

You're not a girl?!?! Then who's nekkid pictures were those?

Waaay back in Quake2 days, I used to be the coder on a small team that produced a mod where you'd fight in the dark with flashlights, etc. Literally, one of the first "darkmatch" type mods.

Anyway, the whole team was part of a clan and had this "bat" theme going. They had names like BatCat, BatGuano, BatRat, stuff like that. Kinda lame. I didn't want to change to fit the theme but they pressured me and I caved.

I got the coolest name of the bunch, considering what we had to work with. They were all kinda pissed they hadn't thought of it first.

Upvote 0
I'm always _the_ Rambo in the game and it seems like my teammates don't actually know what should be done so I'm out there, killing the enemies like a Rambo..

ONE_MAN_ARMY is more than a fit for my nick. I don't usually hide behind a tree, though I do camp when I see a need. Mostly I try to lead my team into the object, running there like a lemming, when I die I just keep on going there.. ;)

Upvote 0
I'm always _the_ Rambo in the game and it seems like my teammates don't actually know what should be done so I'm out there, killing the enemies like a Rambo..

ONE_MAN_ARMY is more than a fit for my nick. I don't usually hide behind a tree, though I do camp when I see a need. Mostly I try to lead my team into the object, running there like a lemming, when I die I just keep on going there.. ;)

Oh :( I thought it was tipping a nod to Massive Attack's, 'Four Man Army'

nvm

BTW next post will be number 2,000

Maybe DeV would be so kind as to explain the meaning of his name, cos I don't get it :p ;) :D

Upvote 0
Perlovka means rice in Russian, I think.
Nope. :) Rice will be ris, perlovka is another similar food.

My nick is taken from a some sort of talisman of mine. I took this bolt when
I was a kid from a broken tractor in Crymea and I carried it for almost 5 years. It's actually not only a talisman, but also an alternative to a knucleduster - works like a charm. :)
I still have it, just don't carry, it lies in my drawer.

boltsb8.jpg

Upvote 0