• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

Appreciate all of your work and I understand your constraints on modelling/implementing, as I have recently taken up modelling myself, whilst working full time. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=98703

I wonder if I may ask if any of your team are still active and wouldn't mind helping the mind of a newbie modeller with some questions? Please feel free to comment on the post (link above) or even pm me here.

Best of luck and regards
Cpl.J

Upvote 0
TWI should have thought about modding more when they were creating this game, so it would be a lot easier for mod community to add new stuff like vehicles.

Making vehicles at the level of fidelity of the Panzer IV and T34 is just a ton of work. It was a ton of work for us, and it is a ton of work for modders. Other than reducing the fidelity of the vehicles, there isn't a whole lot that can be done to make it easier. With that said, we have given the vehicle mod team a lot of support to ease them getting their vehicles into the game. I even worked on code for the vehicle mod team myself for quite a while to help them get transports fully functional.

Upvote 0
Adding more vehicles has been the reason I joined the vehicle mod team, though my contributionshave been little consequence.

I feel RO2 still has potential to expand into what many RO1 players had envisioned it would be. Getting transports has not been a solitary effort, yet as they approach going gold, it cracks the nut and will help usher in additional vehicles in a much shorter time frame.

Personally, I'd like to tackle the PzvD (see sig). The vehicle mod team is a great group of idividuals and have given me the mojo to keep on track.

Upvote 0
Hello Guys,
So as we saw, now we, the community, have something we wanted from the beginning, Transports. Which is really nice and ... useful, so "Thank you TWI (and AMG)."

I'm happy, that I can see a dream came true, with helps from others, but mainly, the dream that a modder can make his other gaming mates happy with something new. Have fun, again, with the UC and Sdkfz.

But here is the sad part. I need to thank TWI for the RO1 UC model, for the moment of seeing UC(or another vehicle) for the first time in-game, to Yoshiro for his endless message forwarding to the team ;), to Ramm for his codding support. The community for it's "work" :), and finally to my other team members who consumed theirs time.

As I said some weeks ago, that I will continue working, I continued... But now I, after a long thinking process, realised that is really time to stop modding. While my "What I lose" list is quite populated with items, my "What I get" is literally empty. So after 452 hours in RO2 SDK, and don't know how many in 3ds Max, it's really time to stop this waste of time.

Maybe I will make public my sources, if "someone" wants to continue. We will see :).

Happy gaming for all, as I think I will not get again to the battlefield in RO2.

Upvote 0
Hello Guys,
So as we saw, now we, the community, have something we wanted from the beginning, Transports. Which is really nice and ... useful, so "Thank you TWI (and AMG)."

I'm happy, that I can see a dream came true, with helps from others, but mainly, the dream that a modder can make his other gaming mates happy with something new. Have fun, again, with the UC and Sdkfz.

But here is the sad part. I need to thank TWI for the RO1 UC model, for the moment of seeing UC(or another vehicle) for the first time in-game, to Yoshiro for his endless message forwarding to the team ;), to Ramm for his codding support. The community for it's "work" :), and finally to my other team members who consumed theirs time.

As I said some weeks ago, that I will continue working, I continued... But now I, after a long thinking process, realised that is really time to stop modding. While my "What I lose" list is quite populated with items, my "What I get" is literally empty. So after 452 hours in RO2 SDK, and don't know how many in 3ds Max, it's really time to stop this waste of time.

Maybe I will make public my sources, if "someone" wants to continue. We will see :).

Happy gaming for all, as I think I will not get again to the battlefield in RO2.

Unfortunately there's nothing more to add.

We would like to apologies that we haven't finished what we promised and we're quite sad about that.
However I would like to thank everyone involved in this project, including Ramm and Yoshiro and all the other guys from TWI which we felt were always standing behind us and supporting our work.
It was a pleasure for me to work with such a great team and being a part of it makes me proud.
Anyway we're not dead, just somewhere else ;)

However the main motivation came from the RO2 community which was supporting us since day one, thank you for that and sorry once again.

:IS2:

Upvote 0
rUsoNcQEDHE.jpg

Upvote 0