• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

Right, that was fun modelling it. I even made an Ausf.B like in this photo, so that there would be even more variation for the 251. Later I saw that it is easier to use only the Ausf. C type for all variants. I even intentionally left enough blank space on the texture layouts so that the extra meshes of the Stuka zu Fu

Upvote 0
What the community was up to??
So sad, also this means we will never ever see any vehicles from the modteam, what about the Stug or the T70 we have seen wip screens.

I think I would like to perseve the stug3b for me :), atm...
Screenshot%202014-04-05%2013.20.12.jpg

Upvote 0
why you cant just jump-exit from tank like now inflantary do it in transport why stil no AWSD turet control ? why still no voice tank chat ?

Dude, I understand you're kind of new here but the things you have mentioned have been well addressed in other threads. And BTW, you might want to read up on the additions in the latest patch because the WASD turret control HAS been addressed in at least some capacity.

Upvote 0
Sigh, thanks to modders for their nearly endless patience. This was once again a good reminder how developer team COULD have saved some resources by looking what their community is doing and giving support instead of hiding in bushes. There are games that are almost entirely built around mods, and those keep on thriving no matter how old the game is. The fact is, that RO2 is in every way inferior vehicle vice when compared to RO1, and that is lame. I had some expectations from developers they failed to deliver, and this was the last nail to the coffin. Kicking the dead horse:

Making vehicles at the level of fidelity of the Panzer IV and T34 is just a ton of work. It was a ton of work for us, and it is a ton of work for modders.
Yes, tanks moved and fired but it was nothing but RNG after that. Random shots, random hits, random explosions, and countless bugs. I still prefer playing RO1 mod Darkest Hour in Real Panzer server, there guys at least know the principles.

/complaints, I'm in no position to be angry after seeing how this turned out but can't really help it.

Upvote 0
Sigh, thanks to modders for their nearly endless patience. This was once again a good reminder how developer team COULD have saved some resources by looking what their community is doing and giving support instead of hiding in bushes. There are games that are almost entirely built around mods, and those keep on thriving no matter how old the game is. The fact is, that RO2 is in every way inferior vehicle vice when compared to RO1, and that is lame. I had some expectations from developers they failed to deliver, and this was the last nail to the coffin. Kicking the dead horse:

Yes, tanks moved and fired but it was nothing but RNG after that. Random shots, random hits, random explosions, and countless bugs. I still prefer playing RO1 mod Darkest Hour in Real Panzer server, there guys at least know the principles.

/complaints, I'm in no position to be angry after seeing how this turned out but can't really help it.

Trust me when I say that the vehicle damage model is actually very sophisticated :)

Upvote 0
Trust me when I say that the vehicle damage model is actually very sophisticated :)

Yes, made it for some :), isnt so complicated only that every plate is attached separatly.... as every hitbox, and his script :)
It might be sophisticated and all, but in my opinion penetrations lack power most of the time... Somehow a tank surviving 3-4 penetrations and returning effective fire with 2 KIA inside and a matter of seconds just seems a bit off... Also, the hits and penetrations could have used more than 2 effects.

So yeah, with more post penetration effect on the tank or atleast a good stun time for the crew could probably fix tanks, atleast to some degree.

Upvote 0