• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TV Shows that shouldn't have been cancelled

I know, last seasons all episodes looked quite the same, what I meant is that the show became some kind of constant that you take for granted,

I know mate .But i found after about 4 seasons i would switch it on to watch it and then find I ended up watching some paint dry or picking the fluff out of my naval.It was more interesting.
Once they start getting the cast to write and direct episodes its the end as they must have run out of fresh ideas.This show suffered from the usual fault of most American shows.The runs are too long so the quality suffers.They need to cut back to say 12 very good shows per season.

Upvote 0
Space: Above and Beyond

I remember loving that series as a kid and being shocked that we were left with no real ending.

I watched some of the episodes lately and they seem extremely cheesy now if you take off the nostalgia glasses. But hey, the effects look good even by todays standards. Like that dark theme that runs through it.

Upvote 0
There was a TV series, in the early 1990's called "The Untouchables" (meaning these law enforcers couldn't be touched by bribes), roughly based on the 1987 movie with Kevin Costner (I thought the movie was pretty bad) which was about the 1920' /30's Chicago mobster Al Capone and the U.S. Department of Treasury Law Enforcement officer Eliot Ness.

It was a historical crime drama TV show; I think the series lasted two or three seasons, and then ended.

Some of the supporting actors went on to become famous or popular actors, most notably John Rhys Davies who played the role of Captain Malone, who later starred as the Dwarf Gimli in the 'Lord of the Rings' films:

YouTube - The Untouchables - Series Intro

If you watched the show on TV, immediately after the show's intro, they would show the same still at the end with the five Untouchables, and the announcer would say "Brought to you by Toyota: I love what you do for me".:D

There were a few interesting episodes where they showed some important historical events, including the assasination attempt on Franklin D. Roosevelt in the 1930's and and Thomas Dewey when he was a Prosecutor in New York.

The show, however, was, overall, a bit too soft on Al Capone and the other criminals.

There was also an older 1950's Untouchables tv series, which I never watched; seems it is a little similar to shows like 'Dragnet'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Married with Children!
I can't believe that one hasn't been mentioned yet :p
Al Bundy is a God!

YouTube - Al Bundy and fat women

I love his one-liners and comments hehe.

Fat woman: I'm not sure i like the shade of blue on these shoes.
Al: I'll tell you what i'll do then. We'll stand you in front of a mirror, i begin strangling you. If you reach the shade of blue that is satisfactory to you, you yell moo and i'll stop.

Fat woman: How dare you say that to my face?!
Al: I would say it behind your back but my car has only got half a tank of gas!

I could quote every sentence that comes out of him in that vid hehe.
Or Al Bundy as the Godfather:
YouTube - Al Bundy - The Godfather

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Firefly

Great show, never saw it on TV just bought the box set for my girlfriend last year and watched it with her. Like everything about it, the mood, style, music, scripts etc

The film ,Serenity, was okay but was missing a lot of what made the show good.

I just started watching this online, great show. :)

Now I know I will be pissed off after I finish watching the first season because there won't be any more new ones.

FFFFUUUUUUUU!!! :mad:

Upvote 0