• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TV Shows that shouldn't have been cancelled

Agreeing what people say about firefly. After watching the first episode illegally, I managed to get the whole box on blu-ray, now in my second run through the season.
It has all the good things the series currently lack, nice setting and funny story with great characters and weird humor... It was perfect:eek:

I loved Stargate the universe btw... Although it has a lot of drama, weird story turning points and non-interesting episodes (default layout of all current series), it does have Mr. Carlyle which completely makes up for that.
Since all other current series with a story currently airing are just the worst series in a decade, I just had to like it.
In the land of the blind, one-eye is king!
[Or do the english lack that expression?]

Upvote 0
Today I learnt that this seasons house is the last one ever

793-man-crying-because-it-hurts.jpg

I need a hug...

Upvote 0
You people watch crap.
2119410-Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man_super.jpg

Anyway. I'm sure most of these have been mentioned before, but mine are:

Firefly - Well... duh. Best show ever.
The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Just wanted to see more of it.
Stargate Universe - Best of the Stargate shows imo (I'm sure many will disagree)
V - It wasn't really that good, but I really wanted to see how the story developed.
Life - Great show, great premise, great actors.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but those are the more recent ones that popped into my head.

Upvote 0
About time they ended House tbh. For the last couple of seasons it's been as good.

House's character is still very good and Hugh does a great job at it, but it just feels that the writers are running out of decent ideas.

Best to end it while they're still on top.

But, but they just introduced a female character that wasn't an annoying a$$ Biatch... (Besides Cuddy, who was a basdass biatch)

Upvote 0
Well, just got thru the 4 seasons of Enterprise and I personally thought it was excellent. My favorite right after Next Generation. I could easily have watched another three seasons :(
If I never hear the doctor of that ship say another sentence in the exact same inflection again it'll be too soon...:p
As something of a hobby linguist that linguist chick got on my nerves as well. Nonsensical physical phenomena I can take, but her insta-understanding of foreign languages because she figured out one funny key difference in their grammar was ridiculous even for Star Trek standards. Why not go with the universal translator and just not explain it at all?
Plus, she was as hammy an actor as that Malcolm guy and the black kid who constantly reminisces his travels. We get it, your parents moved a lot... Enough already.
The whole ensemble almost made Ms. Boobs and her emotional problems look interesting...

It had its moment though, I'll give it that and it was better than not having a Star Trek on at any rate, which can't be said about Voyager when they didn't have the Doctor and Seven on the show. But I think the four seasons were enough.

Life - Great show, great premise, great actors.
Charly's replacement partner was a horrible Marry Sue, if I've ever seen one, but if they could have gotten Sarah Shahi back on board after her pregnancy the show could have easily gone on for a bit.:(

Journeyman too. But maybe it was for the best that it was kept short.:confused:

Upvote 0
Enterprise was getting good. I found it interesting how they ended it years later.

I will forever wonder what happens to John Connor in Sarah Connor Chronicles after that cliff-hanger.

I have to disagree on Space Above and Beyond. It was too grounded in "reality" for me to accept that they'd have marines doing both infantry AND aerospace fighters. It just seemed like a Wing Commander rip off to me.

You guys know "getting Foxed" means to have a good show cancelled before it's time for a reason.

Upvote 0
Caprica.

Never really had a target audience, Galactica fans wanted space drama and combat and didn't find it here, but it was still sci-fi, so people who are into soap operas wouldn't watch it either (RO2 syndrome), the start was very slow too, but it was getting good, and the closure in the last episode (good thing it at least had a closure) was like a preview of what they had planned and we missed.

Lets hope its cancellation is for the best and they redeem themselves with Blood and Chrome:

Battlestar Galactica Blood and Chrome Trailer - YouTube

Edit:
On March 21, 2012, it was confirmed by Deadline.com that Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome would not move forward in TV format but was still regarded as a candidate for a digital series.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
flashforward was getting interesting before it got cancelled, a couple of really good starts comes to mind aswell:

jericho was awesome

invasion should have allso been alive much longer

I quess the sci-fi(ish) shows that have great Special effects makes the decision makers scared, because the show costs so much and if it has smaller viewer base at the start they just panic and cancell the show out of fear of losing money:mad:

thats why we have all those cheap shows nowdays. sci-fi (ish) shows that are based on a todays citys or country side, and not in a starship or a different planet, which would obviously cost them more money.:rolleyes:

allso i would have wanted moar babylon 5:IS2:

i have lost faith in a new good sci-fi show

Last edited:
Upvote 0