• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TV Shows that shouldn't have been cancelled

Caprica.

Never really had a target audience, Galactica fans wanted space drama and combat and didn't find it here, but it was still sci-fi, so people who are into soap operas wouldn't watch it either (RO2 syndrome), the start was very slow too, but it was getting good, and the closure in the last episode (good thing it at least had a closure) was like a preview of what they had planned and we missed.

Lets hope its cancellation is for the best and they redeem themselves with Blood and Chrome:

Edit:
On March 21, 2012, it was confirmed by Deadline.com that Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome would not move forward in TV format but was still regarded as a candidate for a digital series.
Damn it, that post left me feeling hopeful and then I read the edit.

What does "digital series" even mean? Like a web series? Or straight to DVD? That means pretty much 0 production value tho, right (compared to decent TV sci-fi)?

Anyway, I'm not even sure it would have been great, the trailer didn't really convince me, but at least it would have been something.

On another note, is Caprica worth checking out then? It has a 7/10 rating on IMDb, which is really low for a TV series. Then again, Stargate: Universe has a low rating as well, yet in my eyes it's the best one of the three.

Upvote 0
Damn it, that post left me feeling hopeful and then I read the edit.

What does "digital series" even mean? Like a web series? Or straight to DVD? That means pretty much 0 production value tho, right (compared to decent TV sci-fi)?

Anyway, I'm not even sure it would have been great, the trailer didn't really convince me, but at least it would have been something.

On another note, is Caprica worth checking out then? It has a 7/10 rating on IMDb, which is really low for a TV series. Then again, Stargate: Universe has a low rating as well, yet in my eyes it's the best one of the three.

Is good but it has terrible pacing, I was thinking about dropping it by episode 5, but then it started to get better and it gets quite interesting by the end of the season.

Its also a mixed bag of terrible and awesome characters.

Upvote 0