• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TV Shows that shouldn't have been cancelled

=GG= Mr Moe

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
Just getting a bit nostalgic, but I have been watching some TV shows on YouTube, etc that had been cancelled after short runs. Just wondering if anyone else had some favorite shows that were cancelled after short runs on television.

I have two favorites that I wish had gone on for longer runs and both of these I thought had really good possibilities.

"The Adventures of Brisco County Jr"
"Millenium"

Any one else have any favorites which may have disappeared before their time? :p

Surface: it was great, unfortunately there wasn't 2nd season

Stargate SG-1: yes lol after 11 seasons I was starting to believe that it would never be over, I thought I was going to spend my life watching this show as a constant, now I kinda miss it

Virtuality: from the makers of BGS, they canceled it and only aired the pilot as an independent movie

all those are pretty new, as for old shows, In Spain we only had McGyver, A-Team, Knight Rider, etc, more obscure shows never got here.

so now i can only count the ones in the age of tinternets

Upvote 0
Green Wing should have run for more seasons, it was great humour.

Was always hit and miss for me, some of it I loved other parts I thought were just crap.

Going on from VyvyanBasterd space theme and on the topic of channel4 shows; Spaced. Though saying that it did wrap up quite nicely and I doubt that further series would have been as good as the first two.

Upvote 0
Stromberg was brilliant.

What I would have loved to see continued is The Sarah Connor Chronicles. They must have known that it was over after season 2 but instead of closing it off they threw a whole slew of new story-lines at the audience near the end and none of them got to go anywhere because then the show got canceled. I guess they knew they couldn't come up with a killer ending so they just hinted at "what might have been" so they could blame it all on Fox for canceling their show. It would have been entertaining as hell if some stupid petition actually got Fox to continue the show and then the writers would have had to go with it. Seeing how they even tripped up in their teen-drama tripe this would have had a lot of potential for hilarity.

And yeah, to be honest, I enjoyed the humor Glau's terminator brought to the table so more of that would have been nice anyway.

Firefly was great fun but maybe it was for the better that it was over before someone could run it into the ground.

Upvote 0
Stargate SG-1: yes lol after 11 seasons I was starting to believe that it would never be over, I thought I was going to spend my life watching this show as a constant, now I kinda miss it

You are joking mate.This should have been canned after about 4 seasons.As after that it disappeared up its own backside and went s***.Then they made an even worse series on the same premiss called Atlantis.Talk about crap TV.
SG1 started out so well and then ran out of good stories.

Upvote 0
You are joking mate.This should have been canned after about 4 seasons.As after that it disappeared up its own backside and went s***.Then they made an even worse series on the same premiss called Atlantis.Talk about crap TV.
SG1 started out so well and then ran out of good stories.

I know, last seasons all episodes looked quite the same, what I meant is that the show became some kind of constant that you take for granted, i was expecting them to cancel much earlier but they kept making more and more, so I forgot about the posibility of its cancelation, it shocked me when they finally decide to cancel it because i wasn't expecting it anymore.

there is also no other fantasy space thing airing right now

I needs my space fantasy fix

Upvote 0