• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To the TWI staff: thanks for the gungame fun yesterday.

I don't personally play games like counter strike or other deathmatch games but I wouldn't be bothered at all if you released this in an official capacity.

From a financial position, if you have a way of expanding the current player base by adding a new function, then go for it, as in this current economical climate, it is suicide not to expand into untapped streams of revenue.

How many CS players play this game? probably only a few as it doesn't offer them, gameplay that they are used to, so this would definitely draw a larger crowd and the more the merrier.

For all of the nay sayers, not sure what to say except, if you don't want to play it, then don't. at least you have the choice.

The funny thing is, this game is similar to LOTD:RTFG in the way, it is wave based invasion style against monsters and that game has a deathmatch/team deathmatch option (which I didn't think suited) but if you go on the servers (what little there are), the most populated server of all, is the deathmatch server.

So, I would respect any decision you guys made as a devoted KF player, to have this as an official dlc.

p.s. Well done Ramm for making a mod and venturing out into our realm :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I'm the guy that is making this mod. It is just something I decided to do in my spare time and isn't officially sanctioned by TWI. After playing a little bit of Gun Game in Counterstrike Source with one of the guys at the office I thought it might be fun to see what it would be like to play a Gun Game style mode with Killing Floor Weapons and weapon functionality. So I coded up a version one weekend, played it a bit with a few friends, discovered it was indeed very fun, and have been refining it since then in my spare time.

This is NOT meant to really "fit in" with Killing Floor. The player movement is significantly faster, it has a crosshair, and it is just all about fast paced action and getting lots of frags. Or to sum it up this way - it is just crazy silly fun. There is not deeper meaning than that to all of this :)

The premise is very simple - you spawn with a weaker weapon, and every kill you get instantly switches you to a more powerful weapon. You work your way up through the list until you get to the final weapon (currently the Katana). The first person to work their way up and get the final kill wins the match. There are two teams, but it isn't really very team oriented. It is actually even more chaotic and generally more fast paced than even traditional team deathmatch.

This may or may not become official depending upon how the community takes to it. My plan is to just release it unofficially first and see what happens. This is one of those you kind of have to keep an open mind about. I'll quote one of the F7 guys that was on the server last night:
"I asked my buddy to come play and he said that the game type sounded kind of lame. Then he jumped on and played and said 'wow this is actually really fun!'" :)

I thought it was a lot of fun on Friday night or Saturday when I joined it off of a friend. It's one of those things that can be fun but some people will flame just because of what it is. I think that you've done an awesome job, especially given that you've done it in a weekend of your spare time like you said.

I think that you should do whatever you like and I'm sure part of the community will appreciate your ability and the time you put in. I'd personally find this a welcome change from the basic rinse, repeat of Killing Floor.

Upvote 0
Like I said, I await the information, Yoshiro wouldn't post what he said if it wasn't something to do with the xmas update... not after he's already said on facebook that we'll hear more about the update later, thats just insane to think they aren't linked.

To answer the second part, if this gamemode was made a modder, I'd probably wouldn't have a problem, modders make all kinds of crazy stuff for games, but if it turns out that its official, it totally conflicts with what Killing Floor is about.

If I wanted to play team death match or a gun game, I'd load Call Of Duty Black ops up and play.

If I want to slay some horror game creatures with guns and sharp instruments, I'd load Killing Floor up.

It don't fit however you look at the puzzle picture.

BUT! we still don't know what it is adn what the plans are, so until we do, we can't judge.

But on first glances... palm to face time.

Ok I agree not a permanent place in kf.However,with the gun models
and physics and over all feel of KF they could make a great game
with the same gameplay as the old df games with some of these close
maps.Other wise great job.Your development is at the top of my list. yes and Im that old.LOL.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I registered just for this

I registered just for this

I like to think I have an open mind about things. However, adding a death-match mode to Killing floor is NOT something I WANT to see in the game. Some reasons are:
1) It would separate the player base.
2) This is not counterstrike or COD
3) This is a zombie game and whatever sort of atmosphere Killing floor had would be gone
4) Your focus needs to be on improving the ZOMBIE experience (theres already TF2)
5) I registered just to oppose this

Something I would purchase would be like an official defense mode where you could buy robots and tower defense stuff (kind of like that Dungeon Defense game)

Upvote 0
some of you make me sick im looking at you hunter how can you compare a counterstrike gungame to call of duty if you have never played any of the counter strike mods you have missed out

i personally cant wait to try this out you know if a new game mode is added to killing floor it dosent mean you have to play it does it so why moan and moan about it and ruin it for the people who actually do want to try it

i mean if your friend passes you a doobie you havent gota smoke it but some of us mite be stood behind you thinking dammit you could have passed it to me

also ramm please please look at a zombiemod for killing floor you know what i mean if your a cs player

edit ramm this gungame mod sooo needs the mario mushroom sound when you go up a level it makes the gun game for me
and i totally agree with having a crosshair for this mod the people saying it shud go oviously dont understand the flow of a gun game your not ment to stop aim and shoot you aim on the move if you stop your dead

Last edited:
Upvote 0
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: Ouh yeah.
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: Give me some minutes and I'll jump in
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: sweets
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: I'll spot a good one and you hope on. ;-) I'm recon!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: good!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: that's what I wanted to hear!
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: you on TS?
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: I'll jump in
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: k
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: okaaay
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: it's probably taking a little bit longer.
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: just... some minutes or so
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: lol
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: but no worries, I've still got some hours to fill
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: DUDE, ITS INSANE!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: huh?
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: IVE NEVER PLAYED AS THE RUSSIANS..... ITS SCARY!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: NEVER?
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: thoese Germans are Scary.
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: you missed all this screaming and rushing?
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: Yeah!
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: Never felt that!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: playing as russians is ****ing fun
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: it's... ****!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: playing human meat shilds!
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: Yeah, i mean jeesus!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: Spawning is so much fun
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: NO ORDER
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: I'm in here reading scriptures!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: BUT THE SCREAMING
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: goodness
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: you're reading what?
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: no, well. as in. THe Chaos as playing Russian has even pushed me to reading scriptures to give me guidence in this game
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: lol.
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: Thats how Realistic Heroes of Stalingrad is...
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: grain elevator?
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: station
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: oh, station
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: yes, station indeed..

Upvote 0
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: Ouh yeah.
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: Give me some minutes and I'll jump in
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: sweets
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: I'll spot a good one and you hope on. ;-) I'm recon!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: good!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: that's what I wanted to hear!
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: you on TS?
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: I'll jump in
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: k
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: okaaay
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: it's probably taking a little bit longer.
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: just... some minutes or so
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: lol
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: but no worries, I've still got some hours to fill
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: DUDE, ITS INSANE!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: huh?
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: IVE NEVER PLAYED AS THE RUSSIANS..... ITS SCARY!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: NEVER?
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: thoese Germans are Scary.
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: you missed all this screaming and rushing?
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: Yeah!
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: Never felt that!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: playing as russians is ****ing fun
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: it's... ****!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: playing human meat shilds!
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: Yeah, i mean jeesus!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: Spawning is so much fun
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: NO ORDER
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: I'm in here reading scriptures!
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: BUT THE SCREAMING
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: goodness
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: you're reading what?
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: no, well. as in. THe Chaos as playing Russian has even pushed me to reading scriptures to give me guidence in this game
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: lol.
24.Pz.Obgf.Wagner: Thats how Realistic Heroes of Stalingrad is...
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: grain elevator?
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: station
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: oh, station
24.Pz.Gftr.Kohlrabe: yes, station indeed..

interesting reading your conversation but whats this got to do with a gun game mod for killing floor lmao

Upvote 0
some of you make me sick im looking at you hunter how can you compare a counterstrike gungame to call of duty if you have never played any of the counter strike mods you have missed out

i personally cant wait to try this out you know if a new game mode is added to killing floor it dosent mean you have to play it does it so why moan and moan about it and ruin it for the people who actually do want to try it

i mean if your friend passes you a doobie you havent gota smoke it but some of us mite be stood behind you thinking dammit you could have passed it to me

also ramm please please look at a zombiemod for killing floor you know what i mean if your a cs player

edit ramm this gungame mod sooo needs the mario mushroom sound when you go up a level it makes the gun game for me
and i totally agree with having a crosshair for this mod the people saying it shud go oviously dont understand the flow of a gun game your not ment to stop aim and shoot you aim on the move if you stop your dead

Atrocious grammar and syntax aside, this guy gets it. This obviously isn't supposed to be "what KF is about." It's a fun gun game mod.
DwsGO.gif

Upvote 0
First of all I'll kick this off by stating, this is my opinion and my opinion only.

some of you make me sick im looking at you hunter

You can look at me all day son, I didn't buy Killing Floor to play Counter Strike did I?

If I wanted to play Counter Strike and its mods... I would have bought Counter Strike wouldn't I?

Its fantastic what Ramms made, great work on the mod, but with all due respect, thats all it is, a mod, it has no place to be official in a game like Killing Floor, its so far from what Killing Floor is about its untrue.

Here let me pitch you a new gamemode. (keeping in with this theme, but putting that "KILLING FLOOR" twist on it.)

Survival Gun Game: Literally just spawn zed after zed with no break to see how long you survive, for every minute(or length of time depending on difficulty) that goes by, your weapon changes to the next tier, the game ends when you have cycled through every weapon.

Now call me whatever you want... But would I be wrong in thinking... well that has the same concept, but is set within the Killing Floor theme and would work like a dream?

I'm not personally sold on Gun Game, but I can see the market for it, I however, will never be sold on a Team Death match counter strike style gun game for Killing Floor... It just... doesn't make any sense.

Before everyone jumps on their high horses, "Ramm has said that its just for fun, and will be decided later if its made official" So what am I belly aching at?

Well reading between the lines here, I'd say TWI are already sold on this concept, I think as it stands they're almost certain they will make this official. And I think the back peddle last night not releasing any more info was due to the feedback on this.

Look at it this way, wstrika turns up, never made a post here in his life, but just so happens to drop a video about a potentially new game mode, that just so happens to be on the night that everyones waiting for new info on the xmas event? Which is then closely followed by an official TWI developer dropping a post saying, and I quote "We'll have more on this soon".

Do I need say more?

Lets put the maths into this. I and possibly a hand full of others don't agree with this being official. On the other hand, the bags full of others, do think it should be official, why? Because they're counter strike fan boys and girls. Does that justify it being a part of Killing Floor, because you're a fan of another game? Last I knew, if you were a fan of another game, either go play said game or make a mod of that game for the game in question.

WHICH! is what Ramm has done, he liked CS, so made a mod for it, thus it should remain a mod, just like everyone else who has made a mod for KF.

Because surely... If we make this mod official... we have to make mods like Black Cheetahs Specimenation Versus mod official too no?

I have said my piece on this, again I await further information on this, until more info is released I'll bow out of this thread.

I can see that the locals are sharpening their pitch forks, wouldn't want to upset them now would I...seeing as thier opinion is classed as fact around here. (quick hit the dislike button...:rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If I wanted to play Counter Strike and its mods... I would have bought Counter Strike wouldn't I?

Its fantastic what Ramms made, great work on the mod, but with all due respect, thats all it is, a mod, it has no place to be official in a game like Killing Floor, its so far from what Killing Floor is about its untrue.
What he said! KF will never be competitive game, mark my words. Even if TWI make this mode official, the veteran KF players will stop playing and the CoD/CS kids will vanish after a while because this isn't exactly CoD or CS.

Upvote 0
First of all I'll kick this off by stating, this is my opinion and my opinion only.

You can look at me all day son, I didn't buy Killing Floor to play Counter Strike did I?

Here let me pitch you a new gamemode. (keeping in with this theme, but putting that "KILLING FLOOR" twist on it.)

Survival Gun Game: Literally just spawn zed after zed with no break to see how long you survive, for every minute(or length of time depending on difficulty) that goes by, your weapon changes to the next tier, the game ends when you have cycled through every weapon.

Now call me whatever you want... But would I be wrong in thinking... well that has the same concept, but is set within the Killing Floor theme and would work like a dream?

I'm not personally sold on Gun Game, but I can see the market for it, I however, will never be sold on a Team Death match counter strike style gun game for Killing Floor... It just... doesn't make any sense.

Before everyone jumps on their high horses, "Ramm has said that its just for fun, and will be decided later if its made official" So what am I belly aching at?

Well reading between the lines here, I'd say TWI are already sold on this concept, I think as it stands they're almost certain they will make this official. And I think the back peddle last night not releasing any more info was due to the feedback on this.

Look at it this way, wstrika turns up, never made a post here in his life, but just so happens to drop a video about a potentially new game mode, that just so happens to be on the night that everyones waiting for new info on the xmas event? Which is then closely followed by an official TWI developer dropping a post saying, and I quote "We'll have more on this soon".

Do I need say more?

Lets put the maths into this. I and possibly a hand full of others don't agree with this being official. On the other hand, the bags full of others, do think it should be official, why? Because they're counter strike fan boys and girls. Does that justify it being a part of Killing Floor, because you're a fan of another game? Last I knew, if you were a fan of another game, either go play said game or make a mod of that game for the game in question.

WHICH! is what Ramm has done, he liked CS, so made a mod for it, thus it should remain a mod, just like everyone else who has made a mod for KF.

Because surely... If we make this mod official... we have to make mods like Black Chettahs Specimenation Versus mod official too no?

I have said my piece on this, again I await further information on this, until more info is released I'll bow out of this thread.

I can see that the locals are sharpening their pitch forks, wouldn't want to upset them now would I...seeing as thier opinion is classed as fact around here. (quick hit the dislike button...:rolleyes:)

im not a local hunter im just pointing out the fact your selfish

ok the ideas you have put forward have all been done before by the kf community was any of them truely popular errr no they all flopped

dont you realise a different gamemode is actually ment to be i dono maybe not like the normal game or it would be called a slightly different game mode

maybe some of us would like a break from killing zeds inbetween maps this mod will give you that

take a step back and look at your selves your complaining about a mod that you havent even got to play that is selfish for the people who do want to play it

Upvote 0
So I'm the guy that is making this mod. It is just something I decided to do in my spare time and isn't officially sanctioned by TWI. After playing a little bit of Gun Game in Counterstrike Source with one of the guys at the office I thought it might be fun to see what it would be like to play a Gun Game style mode with Killing Floor Weapons and weapon functionality. So I coded up a version one weekend, played it a bit with a few friends, discovered it was indeed very fun, and have been refining it since then in my spare time.

This is NOT meant to really "fit in" with Killing Floor. The player movement is significantly faster, it has a crosshair, and it is just all about fast paced action and getting lots of frags. Or to sum it up this way - it is just crazy silly fun. There is not deeper meaning than that to all of this :)

The premise is very simple - you spawn with a weaker weapon, and every kill you get instantly switches you to a more powerful weapon. You work your way up through the list until you get to the final weapon (currently the Katana). The first person to work their way up and get the final kill wins the match. There are two teams, but it isn't really very team oriented. It is actually even more chaotic and generally more fast paced than even traditional team deathmatch.

This may or may not become official depending upon how the community takes to it. My plan is to just release it unofficially first and see what happens. This is one of those you kind of have to keep an open mind about. I'll quote one of the F7 guys that was on the server last night:
"I asked my buddy to come play and he said that the game type sounded kind of lame. Then he jumped on and played and said 'wow this is actually really fun!'" :)
Nice description. I wish I could of joined at the time (I got invited) but I was not able to due to my KF being dead at the time. Would there be another time this is able for us to try out as im extremely interested on the gameplay changes?

Im a huge FPS fan and I admit I agree with what Hunter is saying about the "not fitting in" aspect but from this description it may actually fit what you have aimed for. I have always wondered how a real deathmatch/team deathmatch game would actually work in KF as no offence to the modders who have made versions of their own...they really aren't fun and not something i'd play for longer then 10 minutes.

Upvote 0
I'm ok with a competitive game mode. Though what we see so far seems to be a clone of a CSS mod. A fun one, at that. Sure, if it made it to KF, I'd gladly give it a whirl, and I'll likely enjoy it. But no, it's not KF, it's still a different version of a CSS mod... You could say that there's just so much more potential for it. But why not use that base that is the CSS mod, and incorporate some more of KF's stuff? Why not have a look at what can be done with the trader, zed time, money wads, or the zeds themselves in addition to what this mod already brings to the table?

I can imagine BARRELS of fun coming out of that, competitive or not. :)

Upvote 0