• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Those 12 year old players..

I mostly use the bayonet for that pesky sniper or MG that I sneak up on.
That or when the enemy is too close for the rifle to be effective.
@offtopic:
I was always curious why the military in WW2 never went beyond the bayonet for close combat...sure most battles are distance shooting conflicts, but close combat is still encountered a lot. And in some cases gunfire is a bad idea (e.g. combat in a fuel depot) for the situation.
Seriously, if you're out of ammo, the rifle with a bayonet is nothing more than a unbalanced jabbing spear...without it, an awkward club at best.
I saw a WW2 Swiss bayonet in a collection once that looked like it had the length and heft to be used as a effective short sword...but nothing since.
It's not like the soldiers in WW2 had body armour like today.
Can anyone offer some insight?

Upvote 0
On "noobs," the word "noob" is mostly a slang term, it's not really intended to say that you haven't been playing a game very long, it's just saying that you act like someone who has no clue what you are doing. I use it when I am at a lack of another word to describe someone's playing style.
I thought this was 'nub' an reletivly experienced player who shows occasional flashes of noob tendency, and for leet slang i actually quite like it, raises a smile.
Still, i'll stop being padantic- good post and i'll know to blank you if you ever try to wind me up online.

I saw a WW2 Swiss bayonet in a collection once that looked like it had the length and heft to be used as a effective short sword...

designed for sabrage, perhaps?

Upvote 0
it's not a ww2 bayonet, but the modern bayonet of the sig.
It's like a dagger.
:D very cheap, i own one of them, you can find that everywhere ...

knfsigswiss.jpg

Upvote 0
I believe the top one with the sawteeth is the one I saw...a Swiss pioneer's bayonet. Looks flimsy but the blade is very thick and heavy and about the length of a roman gladius short sword. A bit more blade weight and not as well balanced as a genuine short sword, but could be used for the same purpose quite easily.
Has anyone seen any of these around?

Dscn6942.jpg

Upvote 0
I know I'm gong to get flamed for this but here it goes. Yes, I was "**** talking" Elysium. What he and others fail to realise is that "**** talking" is a strategy that I, and others, employ to demoralize the other team. My experience with online games has shown that if you piss the other team off, they tend to not play as well, because they are too buisy arguing to play. People always say "shut up and play" or something to that effect, but generally I have quite a few points, and am obviously "playing the game." .

Ain't that the truth! LOL
I love how sometimes a well placed comment or two, or a good accusation can get several members of the other team typing away and arguing, totally losing focus of what they are doing. A pet tactic of mine as well. :D

Upvote 0
So, I had to register when I saw this post, I am the forementioned "Surly_Jew."
I am not 12 years old.

I know I'm gong to get flamed for this but here it goes. Yes, I was "**** talking" Elysium. What he and others fail to realise is that "**** talking" is a strategy that I, and others, employ to demoralize the other team. My experience with online games has shown that if you piss the other team off, they tend to not play as well, because they are too buisy arguing to play. People always say "shut up and play" or something to that effect, but generally I have quite a few points, and am obviously "playing the game." (Also, I am trying to quit smoking, so if you encounter me and I tend to be in a SURLY mood, don't be surprised. I feel that my name gives warning of this.)

sur

Upvote 0
Ok. So to simplify that lecture you've given here, you confess to talking rubbish online as "propaganda"?

Though strange enough I was on last night and you were there and yet you weren't throwing your "propaganda" at me but some guy called JimJim, who seemed to like saying "slime" anytime he was killed. Quite strange.

But anyway as I said on that night you can take all your "propaganda" here and throw it arround to your hearts content.

Peace and Love brother.

Maybe you should tell the whole story in your posts. He was calling everyone who killed him a hacker. Then he got kick voted off the RO island. So I wasn't the only one sick of his childish bs. There's a difference in what I do and what he did. Also, the fact that I **** talk wasn't the only thing I said in my post. I imagine you're the type of person that just ignores anything that they can't come up with a valid argument against. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're a christian and white. No matter, I'll keep playing my way and you'll keep playing yours. So, you can piss off. I offer no peace or love towards you, for I am the Surly Jew.

"Good point. I just changed my name to TK-overlord last night. I was killing teammates left and right all the time but everyone was really cool about it, after I explained that my name should be ample warning. I was a bit wary myself, though, since -L33Tlover- was on the German team as well.

TK [tee-kai]
- verb, -'d
1. to kill ones teammates: I TK'd the whole lot.
2. to spoil the game for everyone else: I TK'd the whole lot.
3. to make other players wish they knew you in real life: I TK'd the whole lot."

Nice. Anyone who uses L33t speech in a serious manner deserves to be TK'd. IMO. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The way i see it we all play the game to have fun it is my belief that s***talking ones opponents is
dishonourable and makes the game less fun and irritating at times.
If someone kills you then however lame they might have killed you,
you going all insane and making accusations or startin to sh**talk to the person will make you just as bad and probabely worse.
Just continue the game have fun and get over it for all you know it might be you who will land that grenade right in that same guys face.
Also ****talking in any way detracts from the game thuss do not react to it and dont start it.
Instead of offending people all the time one can better give them a compliment if they stabbed you or gave a you nice hipshot.

Upvote 0
Good point. I just changed my name to TK-overlord last night. I was killing teammates left and right all the time but everyone was really cool about it, after I explained that my name should be ample warning. I was a bit wary myself, though, since -L33Tlover- was on the German team as well.

TK [tee-kai]
- verb, -'d
1. to kill ones teammates: I TK'd the whole lot.
2. to spoil the game for everyone else: I TK'd the whole lot.
3. to make other players wish they knew you in real life: I TK'd the whole lot.

I seriously hope you're kidding.

Upvote 0
How pathetic.

Not at all...
It works, and it's fun. Kind of like a mind game. For example, if the other team is having a hard time with a cap point or is starting to seriously fall behind, try typing to them something like, "Hey you guys, seems like you aren't talking or communicating or planning anything, nobody using VOIP to plan anything over there?"

Now that is not disrespectful, or rude or trash talk....and it sounds pretty simple, but it works magic!

Just watch them start typing to each other and if you have friends on the other side ask them to let you know the VOIP results. Many times a comment like that, if seen by the "right" people will get the entire team arguing about what they should do and who should listen to who. Even less coordination happens, people get stubborn and they lose even worse. You just have to let your own team know not to get ****ed in LOL

Upvote 0
What he and others fail to realise is that "**** talking" is a strategy that I, and others, employ to demoralize the other team.

Or it can make other people with issues greatly offended and stalk you to whatever server you go to in order to TK you...

In my case, if someone blurs out things that I do not like...
Yes I might pull a reply (without anything offsensive)

But I assure you it will be my goal to Destroy you... :p

Or if it's offensive I might just take a quick screenshot, run to the server's webpage, post you're ID with the screenshot and request the ID to be banned...

Wouldnt that be a good strategic outcome ?

Sorry, I do not promote Stupidity... I promote Respect, teamwork and good sportsmanship.

Upvote 0
Care about 12 years... I do care my self about the 25+ players.. the avarange age is 40 in this game.. and still freaking teamkillers in publics. Noob has nothing to do with it.. what fursterates me is that noobs these days have fast computers.. and pick the sniper class for example.. at the end of the round there score is -20 and there still camping the spawn house on danzig when ur caping langermarket.. GOOD GAME!

Upvote 0
I know I'm gong to get flamed for this but here it goes. Yes, I was "**** talking" Elysium. What he and others fail to realise is that "**** talking" is a strategy that I, and others, employ to demoralize the other team. My experience with online games has shown that if you piss the other team off, they tend to not play as well, because they are too buisy arguing to play. People always say "shut up and play" or something to that effect, but generally I have quite a few points, and am obviously "playing the game."

pathetic, IMO. "Demoralize an entire team" by a little sh!t talking? LOL, good luck w/ that.

PermanentMarker said:
Sorry, I do not promote Stupidity... I promote Respect, teamwork and good sportsmanship.

Now those are qualities that create a good game! Sh!t talking is reserved for those who cannot win by skill alone.

Upvote 0