• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Those 12 year old players..

Elysium

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2006
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Ok hands up here those who seem to find a lot of immature children who says things like "******" "n00b" "**** you" because you did the unthinkable in their eyes and killed them.

For example today I was playing Soviet anti-tanker and was confronted by a German and so since I'm not equiped to fight troops, I throw my grenades and kill the guy named Surly_Jew or something and his response is "******" and I of course asked why he said that and he went on about grenades are for "n00bs" and they should be removed etc...

Now this went on through the entire game and it wasn't just him either. There must have been about three of these guys like him going on and on about only "n3wbs" go Soviet or 'Newbs" throw grenades.

Anyone here get what I mean? Anyone seeing an increase of angst morons who seem to think they're better than everyone else.

**ends rant**

Well, actually, 'we' are better than everyone else, for one thing. And the word noob, as I said at the time, is never used any way but facetiously anymore, and it probably wasn't deployed more than twice, so relax. Grenades are annoying when it seems like half of your deaths are at their hands. Yeah, so you had an excuse there, but the frigging egg toss wars are tiresome. It's like grenades are the primary weapons, while firearms are a last ditch backup.
By the way, the so-called twelve year olds would be players that throw grenades at their feet like it's Halo:CE.
Oh, and they shouldn't be removed, just heavily restricted, like to one class only. Even if this is "unrealistic", it would be one of the few instances were molesting reality actually leads to a better experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Surly Jew was saying that throwing a grenade at your feet as someone is killing you is not honorable.
I threw them at his feet. And the point I'm making here is his profanity to me and others continued throughout the game and quite frankly I found it amusing at first but got out of hand when he and others used it to throw around their arguments instead of playing the game.

Look I really don't care if people like him have a cry because I'm using a feature of the game (grenades) to further the goals of my team. If he doesn't like that than he can keep his mouth shut and stop acting like some deranged CS player.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This really tends to happen in any game online. It's just a part of the wonderful world of online gaming. Had a good instance of it yesterday hearing some child whine about how he was playing with "noobs" and that all of the noobs should follow him.

... He was horrible. I, a so called "noob" at online Rainbow Six Vegas, had a better record than him when all was said and done. But every single time he died, he cursed and just couldn't believe he was killed. The joys of child gamers, and the even larger joys of voice chat. ;)

Upvote 0
Recently I was playing on FK's Orel and there was a guy, I think his name is rotten/rossen. He's from Germany and says that he is 9 years old. You know, I believe him. He was our tank commander, who couldn't call arty for about 20 minutes. We tried to explain how he can do this with no result.
Then he called all of us, exept Ralle and some other guy, noobs. I agree that those two (Ralle and the other tanker, forgot his nick) are definately not noobs, but - that kid had his score of 0 exactly and we had other good tankers, such as mcravener, Stars and some others, who were fighting good, had a lot of points and bam - they are noobs. I've pointed this out to him and was told to shut up, because it's the first day of his RO playing. Well, what can I say - that is a definately interesting way to introduce yourself to community.

Also, have anybody met a guy with nick S.A.S.|mesh? Hint: you did, if a whole round all you could see in chat was only one word "gay". One of the most idiotic persons I've met.

Upvote 0
"The atrocious crime of being a young man, which the Hon. Gentleman has with such spirit and decency charged upon me, I shall neither attempt to palliate nor deny, but content myself with wishing that I may be one of those whose follies may cease with their youth, and not of that number who are ignorant in spite of experience.
"Whether youth can be imputed to any man as a reproach, I will not assume the province of determining; but surely age may become just contemptible if the opportunities which it brings have passed away without improvement and vice appears to prevail when the passions have subsided. The wretch who, after having seen the consequences of a thousand errors, continues still to blunder, and whose age has only added obstinacy to stupidity, is surely the object of abhorrence or contempt, and deserves not that his grey head should preserve him from insults."
-William Pitt

Prove he was 12 years old.

In my experience most of these online assholes are in 16-24 range as they think they are the most important people in the world. Most of the 12 year olds I've encountered online have seemed pretty cool. :/

Upvote 0
Prove he was 12 years old.

In my experience most of these online assholes are in 16-24 range as they think they are the most important people in the world. Most of the 12 year olds I've encountered online have seemed pretty cool. :/

You sir are right in my experience of online gaming its the 14-18 year olds who are most likely to shout names at people, especially if their ego is dented when you kill them. I just LOL at them, and point them to the current score...

Also I agree nades can get annoying which is why I limited them on my server (but been so busy the last month not been able to go in and fill it), too many people use nades as their primary weapon...but you cant complain because people do this, they are an easy way to get kills.

Upvote 0
Awwww come one guys... be nice to the poor kids...

They had to save up maybe 2 weeks allowence (weekly parental money giving of maybe 10$ a week ?) if they are lucky...

Also, they have such a cuuuuuuute adorable high pitch voice over the mic !!!
Its soooooo Cuuuuuute... you can't even tell if its a guy or a girl...

Then they call you a N00B in the cutest way... :D

I just smile and say "Sure thing KID"
or "keep it up and I will take you're lunch money"
:D

Upvote 0
Tairos said:
Well, actually, 'we' are better than everyone else, for one thing.

Easy there killer, no need to start an e-go battle with fellow players, it doesn't end well or solve anything.

tairos said:
Grenades are annoying when it seems like half of your deaths are at their hands. Yeah, so you had an excuse there, but the frigging egg toss wars are tiresome. It's like grenades are the primary weapons, while firearms are a last ditch backup.
By the way, the so-called twelve year olds would be players that throw grenades at their feet like it's Halo:CE.
Oh, and they shouldn't be removed, just heavily restricted, like to one class only. Even if this is "unrealistic", it would be one of the few instances were molesting reality actually leads to a better experience.

c'mon, a better experience for who? I love the intensity that nades add to the game. Personally I have gotten a lot better at not only accurately tossing nades, but avoiding them as well, so saying that you are better for whatever reason and then saying that you get killed by nades too much just lacks any justification.

It sounds more like you just aren't paying attention to when a nade is coming at you. The best players will see the nade coming or the recognize a situation when a nade will come and act accordingly. (i am not one of those players by the way, but I am improving, and hopefully, one day I will be :D )

Complaining that the nades are overused is just a way of saying you perhaps need more practice at avoiding them. Oh, and trying to change others actions or how they use their weapons is pointless. Adapting to different tactics is far more effective.

Upvote 0
Surly Jew was saying that throwing a grenade at your feet as someone is killing you is not honorable.

Anyone with half a brain would gtf to cover and let the nader die :D

Noobs that I encounter are shut up pretty easily. Ignoring them is easy when you can so much more fun pumping them full of bullets from my K98 :)

Me, I used to be a 12 year old player. I was a f**king idiot back then :p CS was my thing at the time and howling at my monitor was an everyday occurance. Then one day I got sick and tired of getting a 5-30 kill-death ratio and left it for good. Best decision of my life :cool:

And I don't find lots of immature children in this game. Only during the free week. And they're grrrrreeat rifle practice! :D

Upvote 0
Well, actually, 'we' are better than everyone else, for one thing. And the word noob, as I said at the time, is never used any way but facetiously anymore, and it probably wasn't deployed more than twice, so relax. Grenades are annoying when it seems like half of your deaths are at their hands. Yeah, so you had an excuse there, but the frigging egg toss wars are tiresome. It's like grenades are the primary weapons, while firearms are a last ditch backup.

Throwing nades, especially by multiple team members is tactically the best way to take care of the enemy coming towards or inside of the objectives. It's called strategy. That is what they are there for. In real life, on both the German, but especially the Russian side, soldiers were encouraged to throw grenades first before going into an area or room.

As a primary weapon? A good player will use his nades first before confronting you. It obviously works.

The bad players or the "Noobs" as the 12 year olds like to say are the ones who keep going the same direction into those nades over and over. That is the complaint. Red Orchestra sometimes requires a little more than that run'n'gun attitude, some strategy, some thinking and planning TOGETHER as a team. This might mean having the team hold back to wait for that volley of grenades, knowing full well it is on it's way. It might mean seeing the guy in front of you get hit by 2 nades and think, "gee maybe there are more coming, I should proceed with caution or throw mine and wait a moment."

In my experience, even that rudimentary level of strategy is not often practiced by the "12 year old crowd", including ages on either side of that. This is fine, as they often haven't had experience at games other than the run'n'gun type or haven't yet developed that ability to think that forward looking and objectively as a TEAM.

For the most part (and I am generalizing), they play selfishly, always argue that they are right and as the poster said, they think that "we are better", feel offended when they are killed over and over the same way even though they could just listen and learn and do something different. And yes, they use noob like it is a part of the common language, again unable to think beyond their experience and see that it is common only to a particular type of game and gamestyle that they are used to.

Upvote 0
I haven't really had this problem much. Fortunately RO doesn't get much traffic from that age group since it's not "cool." I have more of an issue of newbies selecting a key roll and wanting their team to be their on the fly tutorial. I don't mind helping someone in game, but if you've never cracked the manual, you have no business as squad leader or similar. Incidentally, "noob" has nothing to do with age.

Play the no nade version of Koitos and tell me it's better. Long live hand grenades.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem with stupid answers to newbish questions.

It is easier to give a helpful answer to someone new in the community than give a stupid, unhelpful answer, and yet I've seen a growing trend of players giving these stupid answers.

It takes like 5 seconds to explain something to a new player, and yet people would rather insult them.

ie. I was playing on the 2manny server on the weekend. Two instances happened that made me want to comment here:

1) someone bayo'd me instead of resupplying me as an MG

(I know, made me laugh too once the guy said 'sorry, was trying to resupply')

2) someone else (after this incident) asked how to resupply and MG

Can you guess the response?

ALT+F4 someone said.. I mean.. yes, no one is stupid enough to try it, but it's stupid to say it nonetheless. I told the guy/girl that we weren't a bunch of CS kiddies, and that kind of crap doesn't cut it, but seriously, why don't people find it easier to help rather than hinder?

As for the nade discussion, I'll add to the off-topicness:

Nades are there for use. period. Don't like em? don't use em.

The argument against the use of nades is as stupid as those (remaining nameless) so-called 'realism' servers. Not the nice ones, the ones where you get kicked if you don't use IS all the time. (And yet all those screaming for you to only use IS are weilding rifles, not autos or mgs)

Why are all the so called realism clanners using the snipes and rifles, and leaving the auto's to everyone else, then demanding that those who use autos always use IS?

It tells me they need a handicap because they don't know how to change their play when someone uses something they haven't mastered. Everyone in this game knows, unless you are prone, the autos are very unweildly in IS.

So what if you get naded? were you in a room? behind a wall? around a corner? then maybe you deserved it! I doubt anyone has the reflexes to run into a room and check all corners before the concealed enemy shoots them, hence the reason why nades were invented - entrenched and hidden enemies.

/end rant

Upvote 0
"noob" has nothing to do with age.

Play the no nade version of Koitos and tell me it's better. Long live hand grenades.

Hand grenade are meant to be used if your in a jam, clearing a room, or there is a group of enemy soldiers... thats the true purpose of the grenade....

But it seems that surly jew took that grenade a bit outa hand.... its one thing to get pissed off about a nade goin off at your feet...(tough ****! it happens to us all the time, and its even more funny when we think we can runaway in time... but we know in the back of our head were ****ed anyway! LMAO!!)

But its very stupid to go on a tyrade about it also..... He may not be a NUB, but he seems to act very childish.....

After all I just got Guitar Hero 1 and 2 like 2 days ago.... and I am a NUB at that.... 20 here..... LMAO!!! :D

Upvote 0