• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Those 12 year old players..

I made a comment about him throwing grenades at his feet instead of using the gun he had, then him and his teammates got mad and started **** talking back. We were both guilty of trash talking each other, I forgot about it and went on. Never even said anything to him about it the next day when I was in a game with him. I didn't really care, just kind of a spur of the moment thing. But he had to come onto the forums and start complaining about me. So I gave my reasons for doing what I did. If you can't take what some asshole says to you on the internet, then you have a serious problem. I don't get pissed off myself, so why should you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A commentary on 'realism', combined with '****talking in-game':

To me, if a 'Realism Unit' is to Do It Right (tm), they'd be using authentic tactics appropriate to the type of tank/rifle/MG/grenade etc., ad nauseum, and not running willy-nilly all over the battle field as a mob. Obviously some Realism Units place a great amount of significance on their website appearance, and the strictness of their unit 'rule' and such; all of this is well and good, and it's up to the unit leadership to implement and enforce all of that. HOWEVER, all of this amounts to nothing with regard to playing as a Realism Unit if everyone just grabs their own personal tank or charges off to their favorite camping spot on the map. To be fair, military units just don't operate like that- even the smallest Fire Team doesn't go into a fight without some sort of plan, or at least some idea of how to properly employ their weapons systems.

I will use myself as an example of this (and, yes, I know there will be the inevitable detractors)- I personally like Tiger tanks, and try to crew in one at every opportunity in any position. There are a number of reasons for this, but the main two are a) I enjoy it, and b) it's the most appropriate vehicle, other than the PzIII, for my own unit. With regard to its employment in the field, I am fully aware of the Tiger's capabilities and, more importantly, it's limitations based on the number of crewmembers aboard. I try to use it as it was intended, as a armored long-range gunnery platform, as opposed to intentionally getting into suicidal Dances of Death with a couple of T-34's. If I have at least two aboard, dogfighting in a Tiger can be pulled off occasionally, but if I'm aboard solo I know far better and will avoid close contact.

Contrast this to Player X, who makes a big deal about being a member of Unit X yet constantly uses his tank/rifle/MG in competely innapropriate methods in the field. That, or he blunders about the map completely oblivious to what the rest of his team is doing- or worse, ignores what his team is doing and goes his own way. Realism goes out the window very quickly, because soldiers just don't do that- gamers do. This is not meant in any way to be a put-down of either group; only that it's important for the RO community to make that distinction.

Okay, enough about that for now- on to ****talking...

We in the 503rd just don't do it. We will ocasionally talk to The Other Team on friendly terms, but by and large we try to stick to protocol and keep such things to a minimum. I look at it this way: I'm sure there were cases where Ostfront soldiers razzed each other in the distance and such, but it's simply not something done on a regular basis, now or then.

If a non-aligned player wants to do such things, it's on his head- but in my view, if a player is doing such things while a part of his unit in the field, he's just plain wrong as he's not playing (as close as one can) to historical truth, or even basic military tactics.

Upvote 0
I made a comment about him throwing grenades at his feet instead of using the gun he had, then him and his teammates got mad and started **** talking back. We were both guilty of trash talking each other, I forgot about it and went on. Never even said anything to him about it the next day when I was in a game with him. I didn't really care, just kind of a spur of the moment thing. But he had to come onto the forums and start complaining about me. So I gave my reasons for doing what I did. If you can't take what some asshole says to you on the internet, then you have a serious problem. I don't get pissed off myself, so why should you?
Now go back to my first post there lad, Ok now I said I threw one nade at you because I was armed with only an PTRD rifle and so it's logical that I go to my next best weapon that being a grenade, and the fact a PTRD is an anti-tank weapon, and proceded to kill you.
Harah to me! so you decide to type in "******" as you response so you and others can clearly understand why I was bemused into thinking you a 12 year old. So of course I and the team kinda got a laugh out of your rubbish you were typing and generly had a good time listening to you sound like a child with anger issues.
[edit] well I see the word ****** isn't allowed so let me say Homosexual as the word he liked to use[edit]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're a christian and white. No matter, I'll keep playing my way and you'll keep playing yours. So, you can piss off. I offer no peace or love towards you, for I am the Surly Jew.
Yes my arse is white (what does my skin colour have to do with anything? Are you racist?) but Christian? **** no mate, I'm agnostic, with a bit of interest in the old Greek and Roman mythology.

Anyway try to learn to lighten up, you can't be an angry little man all your life.

Upvote 0
Steady, everybody- calm down. When the forum goes from an everyday rant on whatever subject to bordering on the beginnings of starting a race/religion/flame war (as it has in the last few posts) it's time for everyone to take a step back and breathe and realize that this forum - our RED ORCHESTRA GAME FORUM- isn't the place for this kind of argument. RO is a GAME and theres no need to blur the line between it and Real Life any more than we already do when we're playing.

I fully support your right to your opinions and your right to air them, but for the sake of our game please take it elsewhere- to Private Messages- or even better, simply agree to disagree and let the argument end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Steady, everybody- calm down. When the forum goes from an everyday rant on whatever subject to bordering on the beginnings of starting a race/religion/flame war (as it has in the last few posts) it's time for everyone to take a step back and breathe and realize that this forum - our RED ORCHESTRA GAME FORUM- isn't the place for this kind of argument. RO is a GAME and theres no need to blur the line between it and Real Life any more than we already do when we're playing.

I fully support your right to your opinions and your right to air them, but for the sake of our game please take it elsewhere- to Private Messages- or even better, simply agree to disagree and let the argument end.
Blame me. I told him to go to the forums and spew his rubbbish talk here instead of the game servers. Sorry Sir. :( :p

Upvote 0
Well, i'm not 12 anymore, they didnt have online games where I used to live either. I usually play with older players (like 25-50 years) but there are a few mature young players. Then there are the ones who repeat everything they say 3 times in a row in a sentence over thier mic with a squeeky 12 Y/O voice. Had to mute a few in my experiences, they dont listen. I was in a server that considered all those words like pwn and noob "illegal chat phrases" and if you used them more than once, you had yourself a ban. Each ban lasted about a month or two, to give people time to mature lol. Never got banned from there.

Upvote 0
Young players are not the problem, it is the clanners with swollen egos and HUGE elitism, who stack on one side at a public server, use ventrilo or Teamspeak, and play to win at all costs. Combine this with joining in at the middle of the round and only get to play as a rifleman on maps like Danzig and Stalingradkessel, with all the clanners on one side, usually on the russian side, all equipped with autos. This is the main thing that drives new AND old players like from the game. Not all clans are like this, but Finnish clans usually do this all the time.

Upvote 0
Young players are not the problem, it is the clanners with swollen egos and HUGE elitism, who stack on one side at a public server, use ventrilo or Teamspeak, and play to win at all costs.​

That's called a team play and atleast what comes to SUOMI we'r not playing to win at all costs at publics, it's different at clan wars. More likely just having fun together with clan mates and little bit hardening your invidual skills.

Combine this with joining in at the middle of the round and only get to play as a rifleman on maps like Danzig and Stalingradkessel, with all the clanners on one side, usually on the russian side, all equipped with autos. This is the main thing that drives new AND old players like from the game. Not all clans are like this, but Finnish clans usually do this all the time.

Smells a bit bitter accusion. First of all if you'r coming at the middle of the round it's very likely that every "fancy" classes are already picked. It has nothing to do with those nasty clanners who'r ruining your day. Plus no matter are you clanner or not if you've a good computer you'll get classes first and once again it has nothing to do with clanners. Also if it's pissing your playing desires when you'r getting rolled over 24/7 by these clanners nobodys forcing you to play there, there's plenty of other servers wheres these evil clanners aint getting along.

Your claim about these clanners which are driving players from the game is completely insane. Counterway these clans are base of the game. Without clans there's no future in the game, it'll fade away faster than you can think without them. Every game which are having a long life span / big scene are having one similar thing, a good clan base. Though ofcourse these clanners are pushing away some players who'r giving up, but that's just their loss. Since comon can you really say, -"Play worse or I'll quit cos this ****s!" ? Plus this your brought phenomenom about clan pwning in public is much more visible in games which are having bigger scene and do you think those games are having problems with players? No...

Upvote 0
this is the one reason i love RO is because i dont see (or hear) many little kids playing. i see where your coming from though. i hate playing counter strike and such because you get all these little imature bastards playing and it kinda ruins the game

?? serious where are you talking about? whats wrong with kids playing game.. is it normal that you are 40 years old and still play videogames?? if you think this community is so adult why the f u c k are there still teamkillers in ever freaking server? solve your personal problems get kids and wife.. and mamby then when you have some free time start playing videogames..

I prefer skilled 12 year olds instead of 40 years old spawncamping..

Upvote 0
?? serious where are you talking about? whats wrong with kids playing game.. is it normal that you are 40 years old and still play videogames?? if you think this community is so adult why the f u c k are there still teamkillers in ever freaking server? solve your personal problems get kids and wife.. and mamby then when you have some free time start playing videogames..

And what`s eating you? I don`t have anything against anyone who plays fair and so on, but I think that kids are not even allowed to play this game. :) At least not 12 year old kids.

There are some age regulations in videogames, and many times for reason. Don`t get me wrong, I am not moralising.

And ofcourse it is OK that adults play videogames. I think that it is only good thing. Better actually that adults play than children. Children should be running outside, so daddy can do his duty on Ostfront.:p (don`t worry. I have no kids, so they won`t suffer my gaming)

Upvote 0

Kids are easy to co-op with, but I think there are just too many overaged kids here flaming each others :D

Upvote 0
Well, there's two types of tker.

1. The roplayer type. They tk to ruin your game.
2. The personal tkers. Two or three guys that did something to each other and start killing each other in spawn for a while then laugh it off and stop and become friends.

Now stop bickering over what you saw on a screen and imagining it was a real person doing bad things to your pixels.

Upvote 0