• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Those 12 year old players..

Those squeaky voices aren't that bad!!! Just be patient. I once spent an entire hour training a six-year old with voice to play on Arad. After the initial confusion, we kicked ***!!! It was beautiful, and Both he and I are now better players because I took the time to look past the voice, and into the heart. (Sorry for the Cheesy speech) ;)
Well, six-year-old and twelve-year-old, that makes a HUGE difference in that age!

As you can see, the 6yo is easy to convince and will obey your orders because he looks up to you, you are a father figure for him sorts of.
Unless you're evil and abuse him for your own fun, total obedience is crucial in this game in tanks.

Once they reach puberty most of them will unfortunately become annoying little ****ers with no respect whatsoever to the elder and absolutely resistant to learning.
Also, their voices will get worse (suqeaky!) and yes, it is pretty darn annoying.
I know a pet hamster that has a more pleasant voice then those kids...

Of course there's always exceptions from the rule, but unfortunately, most of these hyperactive kids seem to flock to video games these days... :/

Upvote 0
Well, honestly, I think it's quite fun to spew utter bull**** comments after each death because its funny and the "Noob's Guide to Counter Strike Source" on GoogleVideo told me to. Obviously, the people around me tend to notice that I am just joking after they see I repeatedly doing it (occasionally chaning the words or wording), and that my score is much better than the 12-year olds with a whopping score of around -8.

Also, there is a difference between throwing a grenade at your enemy's feet and running away and throwing a grenade at your own feet and letting him run away.

Also, while 12 year olds have annoying voices, and are annoying, I only mute the ones that I know are annoying (met kids like these IRL and I ****ing hate them). Of course, older players alos tend to mess with the mike and usually I see them joke around, and no need to mute them, because otehr matches they can be quite mature players, and no need to be stiff, lifeless spoilsport (I'm talking to you evilhobo).

Upvote 0
well, i'm 14 and uh, i love this game. most kids my age hate it and love css annd **** like that, I love the community,gameplay, and overall realism. Great people online, most are willing to help and do not smirk at noobs. although the 14-18 are the jerks, excluding myself(not being selfish) who think they're always right, and can't let go of a accidental tk or a kill they think isn't "fair".

Upvote 0
ahem, im 17, so i uhh take that personally!

the problem isnt age, its maturity, tone of voice just makes it worse. you have annoying twats like ****** who arent in their low teens, and then you have little high pitched voices screaming "get outa my tiiiiaaaggeeururr!!". seriously, how many times have you seen older people say "get the F outa my tank", thats not so bad, its worse when you add the little kiddie voice.

Upvote 0
Age isnt always a factor.

Some people are just retards..

I personally can not stand those retards who will call others n00bs just like that...

There is no need to get aggrevated... just laugh at them knowing that this individual has some sort of issues considering their obsession with "Proving" that they are better... (while being unable to prove anything besides disrespect and immature comments)

However, I do admit that it can be frustrating.

Playing in starcraft, me, my brother and a friend... who are 24 to 28 years old, no longer play seriously... were not that good... but in a strategy game, 3 soso players together on a 3v3 is hard to beat due to teamwork.
(we find the weaker one, take him out, find another target, take it out....)

I get PMed, asked for remach, insulted as a noob and so on...
Then he pms me that I am a child... while I try to correct him and explain some logic or sence into him... I am told to go to school....

... ya.... school..... right.......

In conclusion... anyone with such an attitude has some issues that they need to work out, or else they will have a very hard future.

Cocky, rude, disprespectful people who do think they are the Sh!T... do not go very far in life.

So laugh at the idiots, and know that when you are something, you will not hire them.... or hire to fire :D
"You're Fired.... YOU NOOB"

(I will admit, I use the word Noob, leet pwnzorz and that kind of crap in Sarcastic ways)

Upvote 0
Pff, RO has NOTHING on DoTA. Not even CS does. My friend at college tried to get me into that, it's so bad I uninstalled WC3.

WC3&Frozen Throne in general has very bad community around it. Play a game of risk(custom mod/game) and either you will be called names or gang banged as "team" in a non-team games(oh god I just hate it...). Playing the original game over online is even worse, played it once against random people and never did again.

Upvote 0